Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

That detail on the V was inspired by the flying tiger and shark paint job on the US Air Force fighter planes from world war 2

DD9A3EA7-ECE4-4E61-88DC-FFB33B501FA2.jpeg

62256C62-C1D2-43B7-974C-D05A44F9806F.jpeg

It’s a fair assessment for a retro program aimed at reproducing the originals. I mean it doesn’t even hold a light to the 99s which I found the 2016 to be a perfect reproduction of besides the tongue and blue sole. The Air Jordan 8 aqua and 6 infrared are probably the best retro to date. Also at this point I can wait for the 1990 retro if the 85/6 Air Jordan 1 Hi is any better.
Add the Cool Gray 4s to that list

That detail on the V was inspired by the flying tiger and shark paint job on the US Air Force fighter planes from world war 2

DD9A3EA7-ECE4-4E61-88DC-FFB33B501FA2.jpeg

62256C62-C1D2-43B7-974C-D05A44F9806F.jpeg

"I was watching him play one day, he was kind of floating around the edges of the game, like a fighter pilot in a world war 2 movie. They used to put nose art on world war 2 fighter planes. So I put flames on the side of the shoe. I drew them backwards because we were always fighting convention." - Tinker

EC7tujRRDiAtEjiT9ULf

A Tinker Hatfield sketch outlining the Jordan V's signature sharktooth side detail (1990)

I passed on the '16s because of the glossy tongues and I'll probably do the same for the '20s if they're glossy too. It's really too bad as the 5s are my favorite AJ of all-time.

getting these and hoping for grapes next year as well but that's probably a long shot considering the Fresh Prince pair released last year

I'm definitely going to grab these but can anybody recommend a good way to preserve the soles? I'm fine with the soles yellowing over time but I bought the wolf grey 5s back in 2011 (I think) and by 2012 after another deployment, they were yellow AF. I'm actually worried about Infrared 6s and my Concords while I'm deployed now :smh:

I love to see what else are in pictures when people take a quick pic and forget to clean up or sanitize the background. I didn't see anything in the picture just sying in general.

Reactions: ARK
I'm definitely going to grab these but can anybody recommend a good way to preserve the soles? I'm fine with the soles yellowing over time but I bought the wolf grey 5s back in 2011 (I think) and by 2012 after another deployment, they were yellow AF. I'm actually worried about Infrared 6s and my Concords while I'm deployed now :smh:
These newer icy blue soles are def slower to yellow than the older ones.

I love to see what else are in pictures when people take a quick pic and forget to clean up or sanitize the background. I didn't see anything in the picture just sying in general.

Agreed I like them better then the staged sterile pics even if theyre cleaner looking. shows personality.

I remember paying $400 for my 99’s in 05-06, everyone thought I was crazy for spending that much. Now that ain’t even a lot for shoes.

I wore them a few times and then ended up selling them for $350 or a little more.

I’ll grab these if they go on sale. If not, I’m cool.

Or it's just a personal preference, not a judgment on whoever bought them.
I’m not hating lol just saying if those were my favorite kicks i would not be able to pass them up for such a trivial detail, especially since they were a really well done retro, right up there with the infrareds and aquas. You must have some serious discipline lol.

These have always been eh to me but I love the 5s overall, so will likely cop. Black tongues and Grapes remain my favorite 5s.

Back
Top Bottom