Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I got these in size 11 which is what I wear in all my Jordans and they fit perfectly. Some of these newer nikes like the PG4 or Kyries ive had to size up as much as 1 full size which is crazy. The retro jordans remain consistent in TTS 11 for me.

Recently I got my first Air Jordan, it's a 5 Fire Red (2020) and I would like to know if it's normal to have a difference on the positions of the lateral netting and when you shed light on the shoe, it's like some parts were
scrathed and aren't shiny as others. I'm sending some pictures of the sneaker:
20200618_113838[1].jpg
20200618_113945[1].jpg
Recently I got my first Air Jordan, it's a 5 Fire Red (2020) and I would like to know if it's normal to have a difference on the positions of the lateral netting and when you shed light on the shoe, it's like some parts were
scrathed and aren't shiny as others. I'm sending some pictures of the sneaker:
20200618_113838[1].jpg
20200618_113945[1].jpg

I had the same issue on my pair. It bothered me. My I bought 2 pairs and I matched the pairs that were the same and I sent the other pair back

I know some sneakers are deliberately designed and released pre aged but for these I can't see why anyone would think "Oh yeah, THIS is IT!" Natural aging is better because it's, as the term implies, natural. But if they really wanted to go for the aged look then either removing the opaque tint from the netting and making it a more grayish transparent like the 1990 OG while yellowing the sole a little would've made more sense.
97841638713b83766637001109e01ab5.jpg

Or using more pale yellow on the netting instead of the lemonade yellow they applied to it, if they're trying to mimic a DS 2000 pair.
canvi4aubrulxranmn4z.jpg

I put these on for the first time yesterday and they creased immediately. Some shoes I do not mind creasing, but these look better crispy imo. Might have to get some sneaker shields.

I know some sneakers are deliberately designed and released pre aged but for these I can't see why anyone would think "Oh yeah, THIS is IT!" Natural aging is better because it's, as the term implies, natural. But if they really wanted to go for the aged look then either removing the opaque tint from the netting and making it a more grayish transparent like the 1990 OG while yellowing the sole a little would've made more sense.
97841638713b83766637001109e01ab5.jpg

Or using more pale yellow on the netting instead of the lemonade yellow they applied to it, if they're trying to mimic a DS 2000 pair.
canvi4aubrulxranmn4z.jpg
The customs look like my CDP pair lol. I thought the original mesh didnt really yellow that much. I will never understand the intentional aged look. Its like the kids around town here buy the cowboy boots, then dirty them up on purpose to make them look like they have had them forever. To me that is looking the part more than it being real.

I put these on for the first time yesterday and they creased immediately. Some shoes I do not mind creasing, but these look better crispy imo. Might have to get some sneaker shields.
These do not crease anywhere near as bad as any other 5s i’ve ever owned.. Ive put some serious miles on mine and am shocked at the lack of creasing.

The customs look like my CDP pair lol. I thought the original mesh didnt really yellow that much. I will never understand the intentional aged look. Its like the kids around town here buy the cowboy boots, then dirty them up on purpose to make them look like they have had them forever. To me that is looking the part more than it being real.
I chalk it up to kids trying to go for that "grungy" look I guess I dunno. Just seems dumb to me. :lol: People need to just wear their shoes and enjoy em. Each crease and scuff, the oxidation of the midsole, outsole, or uppers depending on material, it all tells a genuine story. Making a shoe look aged for the aesthetic doesn't tell a story. Like you said it just shows that they're trying to chase a look rather than actively playing the part.

The customs look like my CDP pair lol. I thought the original mesh didnt really yellow that much.

The OGs didn't yellow on the mesh, or if they did, it was faint. You can see this just by looking at existing OG pairs that go up for auction or whatever from time to time. Same with the white netting on OG IVs, it didn't yellow, and the modern versions yellow in no time.
These do not crease anywhere near as bad as any other 5s i’ve ever owned.. Ive put some serious miles on mine and am shocked at the lack of creasing.
I've only worn mine around the house but I agree, they certainly didn't "crease immediately" when I put them on LOL

The OGs didn't yellow on the mesh, or if they did, it was faint. You can see this just by looking at existing OG pairs that go up for auction or whatever from time to time. Same with the white netting on OG IVs, it didn't yellow, and the modern versions yellow in no time.
I swear the day the brand drops pre yellowed Cords I am out. Lol. It is totally different if their your shoes that yellow over time. Your shoes, your story, your history with em. But straight out the box? NO. Giving JB more bad ideas here.

I swear the day the brand drops pre yellowed Cords I am out. Lol. It is totally different if their your shoes that yellow over time. Your shoes, your story, your history with em. But straight out the box? NO. Giving JB more bad ideas here.

I feel like it was Virgil Abloh who told this guy it was a good idea to do this to the fire reds.

Back
Top Bottom