Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Somehow still one of the most under-appreciated retros in YEARS.
360384D4-959A-4079-9BEA-3A450F3E7C76.jpeg

It was more like they have a 12.5 get it! They have a 13 get it! Oh it’s cheap here order one!

It’s my favorite Jordan of all time. I could do without any other Jordan honestly.

The 5 in this color way is my favorite. The white upper and the red teeth accented off that black midsole. The Nike Air on the back, the lace lock, the clear sole. It’s a perfect combination. I like how the black sole hides the stitching on the toe too.

I remember it still in Math class during high school. A kid sat one row over on my left and 3 seats in front of me. I was mesmerized. By the time I go to the store to get a pair the 6 was out and I missed my chance.

I also remember the guy that I went to to cut my hair wore the fire red silver tongue 5. I remember drooling on them too. Side note: I was wearing Bo Jackson’s at the time.

Disclaimer I'm not hating on the Fire Red 5 from 2020 it's one of my favorite shoes in my collection. That being said check out how wide the toe is compared to the Original same size but ones a pic from Ebay. Now I see what OG collector's mean by the Air Jordan line used to fit your foot like a glove
IMG_20210611_193404.jpg

the 2000 seem huge compared to my ogs
Same man I was looking at my 2000 pair too. I almost feel like the really good retros they have put out, like this pair were more modeled off the 99/00 Nike Air Retros. That maybe why the infrared 6s still have the short tongue and look more similar to the 2000s than the 91s. Same with the new 4s they're closer to the 99s than the OG's.I have always wondered if there any truth to it.

I was one of the lucky ones who got a good pair of each. I’ll say, I’ve worn the 4’s once and I wear the 5’s a bunch. The 5’s fit better and are fun to wear.

really? Can you go into more detail?

I have the cement, bred 4s. I don’t have any 5s. Don’t like any of the color ways except fire red. Always wondered if I was missing something…

I have the cement, bred 4s. I don’t have any 5s. Don’t like any of the color ways except fire red. Always wondered if I was missing something…

I wasn’t on NT yet when the 5’s came out, but a bunch of people posted in the Fire Red 4 thread about mismatching shoes due to poor quality. My 5’s just fit better than my 4’s. They feel almost half a size too small.

2020 FR 5s are one of the best retros of all time imo. Shape on them is good and the quality is outstanding on them. Especially in these times. There's just about no way you'll be disappointed with them. They are awesome.

The 4s had some really bad quality control issues. Many of the pairs are butchered. If you look at what you are getting on Ebay or a site like that you can find decent pairs but it's not really close imo which pair was executed better.

The 4s are also significantly more expensive. The only way I'd recommend that one is if you simply like 4s way more then 5s. Even then get the 5s lol.

Back
Top Bottom