Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

20211231_085524.jpg

Dang rbk these not the most recent retros are they?

What is it about his pic that made you think they weren't the latest retro? Just curious.

Not at the point where I would double up on these, but really love this shoe. Definitely one of my favorite Jordan retros ever.

Prices are still very good on these as well.

I doubled for retail on release day. Ended up buying a third pair middle of last year when prices were still basically retail and I was catching nothing but Ls on a couple few releases I wanted (but didn't want bad enough to pay resale). Zero regrets. Silver tongue FRs are one of the greatest, and this is a great retro done really well. I've never been able to quite figure out why they aren't more popular.

What is it about his pic that made you think they weren't the latest retro? Just curious.

I doubled for retail on release day. Ended up buying a third pair middle of last year when prices were still basically retail and I was catching nothing but Ls on a couple few releases I wanted (but didn't want bad enough to pay resale). Zero regrets. Silver tongue FRs are one of the greatest, and this is a great retro done really well. I've never been able to quite figure out why they aren't more popular.
Prbly the toe box.

Not at the point where I would double up on these, but really love this shoe. Definitely one of my favorite Jordan retros ever.

Prices are still very good on these as well.

I wonder why prices are still so low ~1.5 years after release-do ppl just not feel this cw? Honestly, I know I’m in the minority but I like these more than all the other OG 5 cws.

I wonder why prices are still so low ~1.5 years after release-do ppl just not feel this cw? Honestly, I know I’m in the minority but I like these more than all the other OG 5 cws.

I don’t understand it either but I’m ok with that because this is my favorite J of all time.

^^^ It's the best Jordan 5 colorway to me.

I feel like the hype train is just random. So many perfect colorway jordans and Nikes stay unwanted. (Which is fine by me)

But lots of mediocre colorways go up to crazy prices.

I really find it bizarre, and meanwhile people lose their minds and their wallets over some seriously suspect releases and like every 1 that comes out. Whatever, glad they were easy to get. Even after 32 years since the OGs dropped, I've never been able to decide if my favorite is this colorway or the black metallics, and I had both colorways back in 1990. Ultimately I always lean slightly to these. On this retro go around, the fire reds definitely came out as better retros than the 2016 Metallics. If they would have left the damn tongue alone, they'd be near perfect.

Girl Thats Jules Girl Thats Jules I remember the day I got that SI in the mail. Great reporting about the sneaker world of the day in that issue, not just the controversy about shootings.

I really find it bizarre, and meanwhile people lose their minds and their wallets over some seriously suspect releases and like every 1 that comes out. Whatever, glad they were easy to get. Even after 32 years since the OGs dropped, I've never been able to decide if my favorite is this colorway or the black metallics, and I had both colorways back in 1990. Ultimately I always lean slightly to these. On this retro go around, the fire reds definitely came out as better retros than the 2016 Metallics. If they would have left the damn tongue alone, they'd be near perfect.

Girl Thats Jules Girl Thats Jules I remember the day I got that SI in the mail. Great reporting about the sneaker world of the day in that issue, not just the controversy about shootings.
Some of the SB dunks that get hyped are terrible. Stuff with animal print or fur and zippers or pouches 😂😂

And then an all-time shoe like this gets no attention. People will regret missing these in a few years.

I want to dig up some of the old sample pics of these now, I just like looking at them.

Taking 3M tongue FRV over Black Metallics as top OG V CW as well.

There's a few OG CWs that are my favorites not going for much over retail if you find the right price. FR4s, FR5s, Carmines, most recent retro of Hares, and Flint 13s I think can be had at $300 or below for a DS pair.

Taking 3M tongue FRV over Black Metallics as top OG V CW as well.

There's a few OG CWs that are my favorites not going for much over retail if you find the right price. FR4s, FR5s, Carmines, most recent retro of Hares, and Flint 13s I think can be had at $300 or below for a DS pair.

Glad I somehow hit on FTL last year for the FR IVs, so I'm good, but where do you see those going for anywhere near $300? They seem way more in the $400 and up range in my size 11. I only have them because they were the first Jordan I ever got (Christmas 1989, I was late on them), and I managed to hit for retail. Otherwise I wouldn't have them, as much as that shoe means to me. As we know, IV retros continue to suck.

Glad I somehow hit on FTL last year for the FR IVs, so I'm good, but where do you see those going for anywhere near $300? They seem way more in the $400 and up range in my size 11. I only have them because they were the first Jordan I ever got (Christmas 1989, I was late on them), and I managed to hit for retail. Otherwise I wouldn't have them, as much as that shoe means to me. As we know, IV retros continue to suck.
4s will always be garbage. Mass produced trash at this point

I paid $280 for my pair locally. Prices have went up, but can still find DS pairs for $300 and below. The StockX/GOAT/eBay prices haven't been holding for these for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom