Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I have another pair which I have never taken out of the box since release day, and the netting is still ice.

All I'm saying is these will Yellow over time, especially of you wear them

I have another pair which I have never taken out of the box since release day, and the netting is still ice.

All I'm saying is these will Yellow over time, especially of you wear them
They’ll begin the turn as soon as you take them out and wear them for any real amount of time. And by real amount of time, I mean just a few weeks.

Embrace the yellow, or whiten them up?

20230118_185146.jpg

Man I've been wearing mine as beaters and they're not that yellow! I think they look nice as they yellow though.

DE174E55-79F1-4E02-A393-DFA34D4C981F.jpeg

Last edited:
My worn pair. Took a quick pic last night. I’ve got nowhere near that sort of yellowing on either of my pairs. Not sure how dudes are storing their shoes. Maybe storing them outside of the box indefinitely and leaving them on the floor? Idk. My pairs are not yellowed like that at all and Ive worn my pair a good amount of times. I also have always taken really good care of my shoes though. Understand everyone’s not the same.

Attachments

• A2C6EB1E-0863-4585-89A5-1076845F486A.jpeg
    A2C6EB1E-0863-4585-89A5-1076845F486A.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 581
My try on whitening up the side panels failed catastrophically. I tried salon 40 and left them in the sun for a few hours. guess what, they got even more yellow!
Same happened to me they got even more yellow after using salon 40 and a UV. I never had this happen before I have done the grapes and other past 5's with no issues. Seems like these have a different netting material than the previous 5's which doesn't agree with salon 40.

Last edited:
These may not be the easiest silhouette to wear but I think this is the best Jordan ever created visually. Such a an iconic shoe and something I will always remember seeing Jordan and Will Smith rockin and begging my mom to cop for me. The day I got these will always be burned into my memory. One day I’ll get the again.

These may not be the easiest silhouette to wear but I think this is the best Jordan ever created visually. Such a an iconic shoe and something I will always remember seeing Jordan and Will Smith rockin and begging my mom to cop for me. The day I got these will always be burned into my memory. One day I’ll get the again.
What’s so difficult in wearing these? 🤣

Back
Top Bottom