Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

IMO - MJ wore the AJ5 in his last great dunking year.

By the time he won his first ring the following season in the AJ6,
he had noticeably started to loose his hops & develop his all around game.
gettyimages-143331934-1024x1024.jpg

I can understand why it would appear that 1990 was his last good dunk year. He was def killin guys then. But in 91 his game transitioned a bit to more shooting. The team was more well rounded so he didnt have to go so hard like he was in years before.
Well 1993 was a year he wasnt gonna be stopped. He had it all at that point.

IMO - MJ wore the AJ5 in his last great dunking year.

By the time he won his first ring the following season in the AJ6,
he had noticeably started to loose his hops & develop his all around game.
BRUH... the only thing that lessened during the first 3-peat was some of the flashiness, the bounce was still there.

Mike was still catching bodies in 1998

I stand corrected :lol: as weird as it sounds I’ve never realized the Chicago 2’s have a black midsole and yet I’ve seen and clamored for Nike to release them without the piping millions of times. Speaks to how smooth the color scheme is.
2S are low key my favorite but they seldom retro and only 4-5 good Cw outside of the Just Dons

Jordan is my favorite dunker, next would be Julius Erving and Vince Carter. I always love pulling off the Free Throw Line dunk in NBA 2K.

Off the top of my head, Dr. J, Jordan, Dominique & Kemp are some of my favorite slam dunk artists.

edit:
I forgot about Barkley too.
"I'll throw it down your throat like Barkley. You see my car keys? - you'll never get these."
But he was more of an all around beast than a pure slam dunk artist.

Last edited:
Man, I see this thread bumps a couple pages and I figure it’s finally time for official pics :wow:

But no, it’s a spirited debate on whether MJ’s legs were washed before he even got a trophy🤔

NT please never change

all in good fun tho, I’m just dyin for more pics

Man, I see this thread bumps a couple pages and I figure it’s finally time for official pics :wow:

But no, it’s a spirited debate on whether MJ’s legs were washed before he even got a trophy🤔

NT please never change

all in good fun tho, I’m just dyin for more pics
I’m hoping we are about to see some pics of these shoes and they are having the same debates they’ve already had over the past decade lol

5s are highly nostalgic for me. Black Metallic 5s were the first ever Jordan I got as a kid back in 1990. Haven’t really had many pairs of the 5 since, but excited to see these 3M tongue Fire Reds releasing with OG treatment. Willing to pass on the UNC 3s in favor of these 5s.

Back
Top Bottom