Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

These heavily worn pairs look AMAZING! Wish I had the time to wear mine that often…

To those holding multiples, and haven’t even worn the first pairs yet, WHY?!

Anyway threw mine on today. These and metallics are 1a and 1b for me as far as fav of all time goes.

5A21C216-8D60-4AE6-A890-E8BD923CAF3D.jpeg

These heavily worn pairs look AMAZING! Wish I had the time to wear mine that often…

Anyway threw mine on today. These and metallics are 1a and 1b for me as far as fav of all time goes.

Been away from away from college since March 2020 (switched to online learning) due to the pandemic, initially, and am still away because I'm on a gap year and won't be attending again until this fall. As such, so I've hardly gotten to wear em despite buying two pairs. Don't help that I'm a homebody and introvert, so I don't like going out unless necessary or if I have something I really want to go out and do. :nerd:

Been away from away from college since March 2020 (switched to online learning) due to the pandemic, initially, and am still away because I'm on a gap year and won't be attending again until this fall. As such, so I've hardly gotten to wear em despite buying two pairs. Don't help that I'm a homebody and introvert, so I don't like going out unless necessary or if I have something I really want to go out and do. :nerd:
I need a second job that's not a desk job to wear sneakers lol

Honestly....they're at the bottom of the shoestack and every day I want to wear them I debate if I want to let a stack of shoes fall on me or grab something that's at the door.

Whenever I take my pair out I will wear it like 4-5 times in about 2 weeks and then put them up for another 6-8 months.

Honestly....they're at the bottom of the shoestack and every day I want to wear them I debate if I want to let a stack of shoes fall on me or grab something that's at the door.

Whenever I take my pair out I will wear it like 4-5 times in about 2 weeks and then put them up for another 6-8 months.
That’s when you get the wife or kids to grab that bottom box as you VERY carefully lift the boxes on top…

The 3m tongue Fire Red is perfection. It’s clean and gets straight to the point of the shoe. The teeth. That red accent against the black midsole just pops. Not only is the midsole black, the toe is too which hides the toe stitching on the front of the shoe. A clean look. The white upper then just accentuates the teeth by not introducing any colors until you get to the ankle collar. That’s accentuated in red highlighting the asymmetrical collar. Once you top it with the reflective tongue it’s perfect. Even the lines of the shoe are perfect. This color blocking is perfect. Any colors can be used with the black midsole and all white upper and it works every time. (Concord pair coming up proves this)

You can’t say that about the black tongue. It’s too busy. Now the focus isn’t the teeth. Is it the number 23? Is it the eye sore stitching on the toe since it’s now visible? Is it the black tongue which just looks too visually heavy? Perhaps it’s the black eyelet at the top by the tongue. There is just too many elements competing for attention and it’s visually confusing. It just doesn’t work… for me.

Simple is better.

B6D11021-A693-41CA-A835-C74206AADA62.jpeg
93B5F857-49BD-4627-A3F9-6EAD38702906.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom