Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

The OG white Vs were clearly synthetic "leather" even when I had them in 8th and 9th grade. As @engineer said, people are so used to associating "nubuck" and "durabuck" with black shoes and the way they look/feel, most people never realized it was all the same material and think nubuck and durabuck are only a faux suede-like material. They are not. I expect the arguments on this to continue in here, and that's fine. Personally, all I care about is getting these done right in terms of all the normal considerations: Shape, colors, height ...
The rest is whatever. But for anyone thinking these were ever a quality real leather, I have a bridge to sell you, too LOL

Lol who exactly is this directed at? Did I miss something? I’m struggling to find the person who said the OG had quality “real” leather. Gotta find the person your trying to sell that bridge to first before you can sell it to them lol.

Lol who exactly is this directed at? Did I miss something? I’m struggling to find the person who said the OG had quality “real” leather. Gotta find the person your trying to sell that bridge to first before you can sell it to them lol.
Huh? I don't remember specifically who said what and I don't care. Your defensive response here indicates you must have said they were made of real leather. Yes? No? Again, I don't care either way or care about who said what. But I'm pretty sure during the course of the discussion a couple of people tried to say OG Vs were made of real leather except for the molded ankle piece.

Huh? I don't remember specifically who said what and I don't care. Your defensive response here indicates you must have said they were made of real leather. Yes? No? Again, I don't care either way or care about who said what. But I'm pretty sure during the course of the discussion a couple of people tried to say OG Vs were made of real leather except for the molded ankle piece.

Yeah nobody said that. If you mean I and others said that they had “leather” and molded durabuck on the heel collar then yes. No one said it was “real” or “quality” leather like you stated. Of course it’s synthetic material made to resemble actual leather like many Nike shoes dating back to that period to this day. Now, if you want to call it Durabuck (which is as much of a brand name as it is a description of an actual texture of material as we know it today) as Nike did, then ok. But without breaking it down and getting all technical a normal person will look at the upper on the OG white/red 5 and just call it leather. At least in this case, what’s intended to resemble just “white leather”. Or fine call it durabuck if you must idc lol. Just saying you’re ready to sell people bridges and no one even said all that. I know I didn’t :lol:

Yeah nobody said that. If you mean I and others said that they had “leather” and molded durabuck on the heel collar then yes. No one said it was “real” or “quality” leather like you stated. Of course it’s synthetic material made to resemble actual leather like many Nike shoes dating back to that period to this day. Now, if you want to call it Durabuck (which is as much of a brand name as it is a description of an actual texture of material as we know it today) as Nike did, then ok. But without breaking it down and getting all technical a normal person will look at the upper on the OG white/red 5 and just call it leather. At least in this case, what’s intended to resemble just “white leather”. Or fine call it durabuck if you must idc lol. Just saying you’re ready to sell people bridges and no one even said all that. I know I didn’t :lol:
Come on, man LOL
So you're telling me you said they had "leather" but I was supposed to magically know you didn't mean "real" leather? My apologies.
If you're talking about materials and you use the term "leather," then it means leather. Not synthetic leather. Not durabuck. Not anything but real leather. That was sort of the point of the topic in the first place: people wondering what the OGs were actually made of.
Anyway, again, I don't care who said what. Sorry my bridge joke seems to have bothered you so much. Next time I'll say Arizona beachfront property :lol:

Passing on these, always been a fan of the fire red with black tongue though. Hope everyone gets them, I bet they’re an easy cop

In
michael-jordan-valentines-day-number-12-1.jpg

gvpkycybuokdezfkgymz.jpg

I have no 5’s in my collection right now so can’t wait for these. I had them before but have just started rebuilding my collection in the last year or two.

Yeah I had these back in 1990 when I was in 3rd grade
Pretty sure it was these
Could of been black tongue tho
I remember touching the side panel netting and thinking man these shoes are dope
I was lighting up the court with my sweet jump shot in these :lol:
They used to call me Glen Rice(I’m Asian):rofl:
I was in 3rd grade too. Wanted these bad. Wasn't able to get em but ended up getting my 1st pair of jays with white infrared 6's. Memories develope strong around 8yrs old so 5's definatly have a strong imprint in my jordan psyche.

I have a cdp pair. Would love for this pair to have original font 23 on the side. NA is a givin at this point. Im def intrigued here. If they really are marking the anniversary of 69 pts, 23 needs to be on the side of them.

Back
Top Bottom