Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Me in February. My favorite J ever.

33D57F5C-7F04-4E4F-BC0D-3B888DD4504D.jpeg

Was the OG leather or nubuck?
I actually think it was durabuck, I seem to recall one of the OG print ads back in the day mentioning it. Definitely one of the 'bucks, though.

YES 3M Tongue!!!!! My 2nd pair of Jordans after the BCIV's. Got them in May of 1990!!!!!! 5 pair minimum!!!!!!

I was going into my first year of high school when these first dropped in '90. Remember tellin my homie on the basketball team I wanted 10 pairs of these and he said "Impossible."

Damn near 30 years later and now an old-young fella.....IN for 10.
:rofl:
Classic. Just yesterday I said to my dude at work, the 3M tongue fire red Vs are one of the few Jordans I still need to come back, and bam, finally confirmed now. These were my second-ever pair of Jordans, spring of 8th grade, after the fire red IVs. I remember when the commercial hit during All-Star Saturday night; I recorded that broadcast and then kept watching the commercial over and over again and pausing it to get a good look at the shoes. That's all we could do back then LOL
I don't need 10, or even 5, but I feel you guys. Concords are the shoe I stock up on more than others, but definitely two of these. And I want to rock them with this outfit:

I actually think it was durabuck, I seem to recall one of the OG print ads back in the day mentioning it. Definitely one of the 'bucks, though.

:rofl:
Classic. Just yesterday I said to my dude at work, the 3M tongue fire red Vs are one of the few Jordans I still need to come back, and bam, finally confirmed now. These were my second-ever pair of Jordans, spring of 8th grade, after the fire red IVs. I remember when the commercial hit during All-Star Saturday night; I recorded that broadcast and then kept watching the commercial over and over again and pausing it to get a good look at the shoes. That's all we could do back then LOL
I don't need 10, or even 5, but I feel you guys. Concords are the shoe I stock up on more than others, but definitely two of these. And I want to rock them with this outfit:

90s ads were so over the top :rofl:

I remember when I got my pair back in the summer of 99'. Had to do summer school for 8th grade and i needed new ball kicks. I went to the outlets out my way and picked up the last pair in my size for $20.

Yeah the leather on my what 2013? pair is horrible. Hard as a brick. Especially in the toe. One of the few pairs that I can truly say hurt my feet when I wear them because the quality is so bad. I rarely wear them because of it. Sucks because this shoe is one of my faves.

Back
Top Bottom