Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

tenor.gif

Perfect execution of a response. Just no.

Ditto to that.

People frontin in here over certain pairs. 99s were fantastic. 16' white cement 4s were fantastic. Og's were durabuck & I've seen what JB is working with for durabuck releases now & they should keep that on the OG's. It won't look & feel right on the remasters because they can't replicate the feel & look. Durabuck had a leather/nubuck mix quality to it that JB just can't get right. I'd much rather they leave it off of any white based retros ang give us a nice white leather.

lVBANJI.jpg

Ditto to that.

People frontin in here over certain pairs. 99s were fantastic. 16' white cement 4s were fantastic. Og's were durabuck & I've seen what JB is working with for durabuck releases now & they should keep that on the OG's. It won't look & feel right on the remasters because they can't replicate the feel & look. Durabuck had a leather/nubuck mix quality to it that JB just can't get right. I'd much rather they leave it off of any white based retros ang give us a nice white leather.

lVBANJI.jpg
Something about straight white leather on basketball shoes looks so cheap and basic to me. Durabuck makes the white alright. Softens up the gloss. Calms it down. Same goes for black leather vs durabuck to a degree. I wouldnt buy leather bm5s for instance

Something about straight white leather on basketball shoes looks so cheap and basic to me. Durabuck makes the white alright. Softens up the gloss. Calms it down. Same goes for black leather vs durabuck to a degree. I wouldnt buy leather bm5s for instance

Yeah me neither but let's be real here when the last time you say a white suede shoe? That stuff is a nightmare to keep clean already & they're instant dust magnets. Durabuck would be cool of they did it right on OG white pairs but it doesnt break the shoe. I mean I own the 99' & the leather was just fine. Theyve lessened the glossiness significantly. The leather will probably be like Fresh Prince V's and that matetial felt nice to the touch. Either way, I'm in.

I just don’t remember ever seeing or touching “white durabuck”. When I think of Durabuck I think of a black, almost suede like material. I just don’t believe OG wht/blk-red we’re like that. Someone show me this white durabuck. Willing to bet the masses considered those to be just white leather in 1990. Maybe on the heel collar I guess but the majority of the shoe was just white leather.

Last edited:
I just don’t remember ever seeing or touching “white durabuck”. When I think of Durabuck I think of a black, almost suede like material. I just don’t believe OG wht/blk-red we’re like that. Someone show me this white durabuck. Willing to bet the masses considered those to be just white leather in 1990. Maybe on the heel collar I guess but the majority of the shoe was just white leather.
upload_2019-6-11_11-14-46.jpeg

upload_2019-6-11_11-48-29.jpeg

Its hard to find a hi res pic of ogs. Someone with an og pair on here would have to settle it

Its not like the black durabuck, its more subtle. Just look at some pics of og wc4

upload_2019-6-11_11-48-29.jpeg

Its hard to find a hi res pic of ogs. Someone with an og pair on here would have to settle it

Its not like the black durabuck, its more subtle. Just look at some pics of og wc4
As usual, I like how the mesh on those OG PEs hasn't turned piss yellow, but somehow Nike can't seem to solve that problem all these years later. ****, it shouldn't even BE a problem all these years later.

As usual, I like how the mesh on those OG PEs hasn't turned piss yellow, but somehow Nike can't seem to solve that problem all these years later. ****, it shouldn't even BE a problem all these years later.
Might have something to do with it being a game shoe. Which im totally just assuming that shoe is. Perhaps it just hasnt been exposed to sunlight, or they just took salon 40 to it, or its just a better grade of plastic on his. Good plastic costs money

Might have something to do with it being a game shoe. Which im totally just assuming that shoe is. Perhaps it just hasnt been exposed to sunlight, or they just took salon 40 to it, or its just a better grade of plastic on his
I don't think so. It's common to see OG IVs and Vs that have their mesh looking way better than it does on a pair of two-year-old retros of the same shoe.

I don't think so. It's common to see OG IVs and Vs that have their mesh looking way better than it does on a pair of two-year-old retros of the same shoe.
Oh youre saying the og had better plastic. I guess the picture of wc4s i just posted proves your claim

Last edited:
Old EBay listing of OGs Air Jordan 5 wht/blk-fire red. Take a close look at pic #4. Where the NA sits. It’s leather bro. Synthetic leather. That’s the material on the rest of the shoe sans the upper heel collar which I guess maybe did have molded white durabuck but the rest shoe is plain old soft white leather man.
9B442299-5095-4A48-AB8A-781808A71349.jpeg
AF47AEF8-9091-4A18-A0AE-DA1B56D98E64.jpeg
28F32B92-C58D-41ED-A5C5-A4A9305D2947.jpeg
C7C58DB6-5C29-4349-AF70-E88588592F8C.jpeg

The na piece is the only part. Were headed fast towards a contrast heel party again in here

The collar has durabuck for sure but i think the discoloration is from the same process they do to mold it on the bm5. Aquas have it the worst from what ive seen

Last edited:
surely someone here has a og on hand to settle it, i might be wrong but someone like @MJO23DAN could tell us immediately.

Im going with leather heel and possibly either the toe rand or the part under between it and the lace panel that would flex all the time. Everything else is an extremely light nap durabuck with heat molded durabuck at the collar

you can see the ‘pores’ in the heel that arent present anywhere else in that pic

I say ‘pores’ but it looks like real leather to me so it might actually be pores. Looks like a new baseball cover.

surely someone here has a og on hand to settle it, i might be wrong but someone like @MJO23DAN could tell us immediately.

Im going with leather heel and possibly either the toe rand or the part under between it and the lace panel that would flex all the time. Everything else is an extremely light nap durabuck with heat molded durabuck at the collar
I'm pretty sure it was durabuck and not full-synthetic leather, but I don't remember 100-percent, either. Of course, maybe you could argue that durabuck IS synthetic leather LOL

Last edited:
The shoe was white leather however I recall the molded collar being a soft synthetic for sure. I’ll be interested to see how they handle the retro. In for multiple pairs. I’m decreasing my stash for this shoe.

Back
Top Bottom