Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

The recent fresh prince grapes actually used the OG material around the collar.. looking at the pics of these I don’t think it’s the same. This porous looking material around the grapes collar is what the entire OG fire reds were made of.
FD6C6EC6-35AB-498D-8828-139D0E697D8B.jpeg
Yes I believe that porous material is the OG durabuck, for some reason on the grapes they just have it around the collar, then most of the rest of the shoe is regular leather. But on the fire reds basically the whole shoe is that material.. Heres a pic of some OG black tongues for reference... you can see how it’s all that porous durabuck
2454221F-A3D0-4D3D-8D89-1EF19EC38943.jpeg

So in other words, Nike/JB had/knew how to make this material ALL of these years? They just choose not to use it. It figures. SMDH

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So in other words, Nike/JB had/knew how to make this material ALL of these years? They just choose not to use it. It figures. SMDH

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I think in some ways they’re just giving people what they want. The leather experts come out in force for every release and all they ever want is tumbled or soft and buttery. If JB put that exact synthetic material people would complain (I can already hear that unbreakable guy) although I would be thrilled. The cheap full grain leather they use instead (like on the most recent white/cement 4s) always has random defects or texture differences whereas that synthetic stuff is always nice and uniform.

I think in some ways they’re just giving people what they want. The leather experts come out in force for every release and all they ever want is tumbled or soft and buttery. If JB put that exact synthetic material people would complain (I can already hear that unbreakable guy) although I would be thrilled. The cheap full grain leather they use instead (like on the most recent white/cement 4s) always has random defects or texture differences whereas that synthetic stuff is always nice and uniform.
I think you’re probably correct about that... honestly if the whole shoe was made out of that porous durabuck idk if it would look very good VS some quality leather like what’s on the fresh prince grapes.

First thing I noticed out the box was that the 3M on the black metallics was trash. Shiny/oily looking and everything else mentioned. Also noticed that the NA was different and the toebox was bulky. I haven’t had a pair since the 2000 and I Remember the 2000 vividly. These are just things that immediately jumped out at me. I ended up ironing the toebox eventually. All in all it was an ok retro. Quality seems up to par. This updated toebox on the white pair is just a plus so I’ll probably cop.

0F292EC9-1E49-4D50-AB91-4692F1803C66.jpeg

wow these came outgreat

I'm buggin or the BM5s mesh yellowed faster than any other retro 5 before? I swear mine came fresh from the store with a yellow tint -__-
Definitely did.. I have a pair that's been sitting out that yellowed REALLY bad but was going thru shoes yesterday and came across my gfs GS pair, she only wore em a couple times and been in the box since, and usually they don't yellow to bad in the box but hers are pretty bad.. I might have to dig my DS pair out and check them hope they aren't tho..

These have been out pretty much since they released and used quite a bit as my go to running around shoes but they seemed to yellow fast and pretty bad

Attachments

• IMG_20200114_114619.jpg
    IMG_20200114_114619.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 787
LA gear and Spalding were shameless with there knockoff shoes. Trust me, I would know. When I was 9, I really wanted the Reebok Pumps. Mom went out got some LA Gear regulators and told me its the same thing. Had some knockoff playoffs 7s to. They were bad lol. But looked like them just enough to know what they were doing there. Cant remember the brand though.
Was in Meijer the other day looking for some new steel toe shoes for work and saw some Shaq XIs :lol:

LA gear and Spalding were shameless with there knockoff shoes. Trust me, I would know. When I was 9, I really wanted the Reebok Pumps. Mom went out got some LA Gear regulators and told me its the same thing. Had some knockoff playoffs 7s to. They were bad lol. But looked like them just enough to know what they were doing there. Cant remember the brand though.
Was in Meijer the other day looking for some new steel toe shoes for work and saw some Shaq XIs :lol:
LOL ya I clearly remember a knockoff Jordan IV. Also forget the company name. But I saw lots of kids with those.

Back
Top Bottom