Air Jordan VIII Chrome - To Ball or To Wear (What I need to know)

Good Day NT!

Once again, sorry to bother any of you. I found this item from eBay and I wanted to ask a few things.

c9c6_1.jpg

c27e_1.jpg

c667_1.jpg

As you can see in the picture, this shoe is DS and has never been worn (as per the seller).
I believe they were released in 2003 which would make them a 6 yr old shoe.
Do you guys think this will hold up if I use them for indoor balling? (personal preference although I know there are better options)
If not, will they break if I use them for casual wear only?
Hopefully, somebody who owns this shoe can enlighten me about some pros and cons if I ball in them and/or if I use them casually.
This is being sold for retail only...So I want to make use of it and not just put it in DS mode.
happy.gif

Thank you NT for all the incoming feedback.
Appreciate all the effort.

Midsole paint may not hold up. I don't think they have any problem with cracking.

VIIIs have ventilation problems. ... So if you play in them, you won't have DS shoes,
and you won't have shoes with great performance either.

Your money of course, but there are more wise ways to spend it.

I like ballin' in the 8's but the thing is, like swingshot said, the ventilation is real difficult. Cushioning in this shoe excels but the lightweightis totally off. its a pretty hefty sneaker but its one of the most comfortable jordans to play in. If anything, you should look into other shoes.

best jordans shoe to ballin would probably 11s but i doubt you'd find any within your pricerange to ball in. go buy some Kobe 4s =]

Thanks NT, I do have some 11's (DMP and breds) and I play with them. I used them from time to time...

What I fear about these VIII's is that their midsole would crack as I haven't played with VIII's before...

Originally Posted by foshizzles

Thanks NT, I do have some 11's (DMP and breds) and I play with them. I used them from time to time...

What I fear about these VIII's is that their midsole would crack as I haven't played with VIII's before...
yo ball in your dmp 11

those were all over new york..

people used to ball them all the time, indoors or outdoors.

i played in my pair about 2-3x. i think they'll be fine. the toebox does tend to get ashy quick if stepped on, but just speed up the crossovers andyou'll be straight.
smokin.gif

I've got a pair of anthracite I play ball in and they've held up fairly well. But yea the paint will start cracking eventually, not sure how bad it ison those but I know the aquas are sorta bad for that. Comfortable but like it's already been said they are pretty heavy and do get sort of hot.

Originally Posted by watson24

Originally Posted by foshizzles

yo ball in your dmp 11

Yessir, from time to time... I got them for almost retail though so I'm not feeling bad. I'd rather put them in good use.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by jredmond3

How they holding up?
they're pretty good. I was expecting them to crease a lot but not at all that visible. Traction is good andno breaking also.

i've played with vii's before and they are nice but quite heavy. i get all the lateral support i need and huge ankle support. the downside is that thechunky sole and its thin foundation does not quite hold up to jerky movements. my two cents

Back
Top Bottom