Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

E4948FAC-EEFA-4DC9-8E4A-14D6EF6DCB30.png
Very clearly zoom lol. Rest in Peace taxis, you were great to me in the 8th grade.

For sure man! I just got off work and fumbled my way all the way back to 2017 on here to find my old pics lol.

Hopefully this is the last time that there’s any confusion on the zoom versus not zoom jordan 12 debate, lol.

See that’s what I’m talking about…It’s great to find out new info about shoes, especially older models…Info that would absolutely fall through the cracks otherwise…

This dude spreading false info like wildfires. I think it was fdub like 5 years ago tried claiming that only later colorways of original 12s had zoom and I posted step by step pics of me breaking down my original 1996 taxis, which of course had zoom in them. Every 12 originally had zoom cushioning. The narrative that’s sprung up in recent years that only certain colorways had zoom is baffling.

Don’t get too wrapped up in Eastbay product descriptions as they were famous for printing incorrect tech specs. If there’s a way to see my old posts from a hundred years ago I would be more than happy to shut this dude’s narrative down, again.

Also, out of all of my original jordan 8s from 1993 they ALL still have the foot locker sticker that says $125 except my playoff pair which for some reason has a $130 sticker on the box. While it’s certainly possible that stores in your region or area independently raised the price of them to $140, I’m quite confident that the actual MSRP of aj 8 was $125. Hell man, a quick search of the webs you’ll find tons of valuable information on original pricing. 7s were $125 as well in 1992.
I called Nike and gave them the product number of the OG 8’s and they said it was retailed for $140. That’s how I found out.

I called Nike and gave them the product number of the OG 8’s and they said it was retailed for $140. That’s how I found out.
Oh word that’s awesome man, thanks for sharing. And re reading my post earlier I almost edited it because I felt like I was being a doucher towards you, sorry bout that man. Nothing bad meant at all just hoping to help fellow brethren along.

Oh word that’s awesome man, thanks for sharing. And re reading my post earlier I almost edited it because I felt like I was being a doucher towards you, sorry bout that man. Nothing bad meant at all just hoping to help fellow brethren along.
Naw, no offense taken at all! As far as the 12’s, I didn’t own them back in 96-97, but I remember people saying they felt different and the price bump made me think that was the get case as well SS the Eastbay magazines back then. It’s good to be properly informed in a respectful way, so I’m cool lol.

That ‘92-‘93 season was probably MJ at his athletic peak…By the time he un-retired the first time he’d almost totally changed his approach to be less aggressive at the basket and more aggressive from the field…The fadeaway jumper was lethal but man, seeing “Air Jordan” was something special…

WI-FAVORITES_026.jpg

I remember getting the RARE AIR book in 1993 and throwing this pic in moms face asking for these. I got, .."Well maybe". I ended up with the Aqua. And I was more than fine with that. But these are special. Never saw a pair of these in person originally back then. I must own this next version.

WI-FAVORITES_026.jpg

I remember getting the RARE AIR book in 1993 and throwing this pic in moms face asking for these. I got, .."Well maybe". I ended up with the Aqua. And I was more than fine with that. But these are special. Never saw a pair of these in person originally back then. I must own this next version.
Surely you saw them on other people’s feet yea?

Back
Top Bottom