Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

It was the total opposite for me. When the 8’s first came out I did NOT like the Aquas or the Bugs Bunnies. Thought they were too busy, so I ended up with the so called Playoffs. The Aquas are actually my fav 8 now, but still can’t wait to have playoffs with the red tab back.

I’m surprised you never saw them in person though. Nobody at your school had them?

It was the total opposite for me. When the 8’s first came out I did NOT like the Aquas or the Bugs Bunnies. Thought they were too busy, so I ended up with the so called Playoffs. The Aquas are actually my fav 8 now, but still can’t wait to have playoffs with the red tab back.

I’m surprised you never saw them in person though. Nobody at your school had them?
One guy with a white pair. Literally the first time I ever looked at the playoff 8 in person is when I bought the 2007 release. Jordans were not big in my area. I had the Aqua later in 1993 though. I was the only other person with an 8 on.

One guy with a white pair. Literally the first time I ever looked at the playoff 8 in person is when I bought the 2007 release. Jordans were not big in my area. I had the Aqua later in 1993 though. I was the only other person with an 8 on.
Same in my high school too. Everybody had 7s, then it was like you didn’t see many until the 10s came out and everybody had the steel grey. I went to a small high school in the south but still I thought it was odd at the time. But given the explanations of the release schedule several pages back in the thread, I kinda get it now.

I remember this store where i lived in Calumet City called City One that I used to buy urban gear like Fubu, Boss, Starter, Nike, etc. had a OG pair of these on their sales wall for years on deep discount and they still didnt move. In Illinois. once the new colorway of a model came out, it was abomination to be seen in the old Jordans. :lol: I had these when they came out in 2007 and I need to cop them again

I remember this store where i lived in Calumet City called City One that I used to buy urban gear like Fubu, Boss, Starter, Nike, etc. had a OG pair of these on their sales wall for years on deep discount and they still didnt move. In Illinois. once the new colorway of a model came out, it was abomination to be seen in the old Jordans. :lol: I had these when they came out in 2007 and I need to cop them again
I think having a previous color way of the newest model was fine, but you didn’t want to be seen in last years Jordans. I remember a couple dudes made fun of me for wearing Infareds 6 when the 7’s first dropped. I got my revenge though when the Charcoal 7dropped cause around my way everyone liked them better than Bordeaux or Hares. I remember walking into school with them and just mad doggin the kids with their Bordeaux who had laughed at me for having 6’s, within a look on my face like “yea what’s up now homie”, lol.

were the 8's ever comfortable? only had the white retro version and those were bricks under foot.
You aren't going to get Jordan 12/13 comfort, but they're not terrible. I wore my '15 Aquas through all 4 seasons for years here in Southeast Michigan, which included long treks across my college campus and I never had any issues with my feet due to a lack of comfort.

The true question is how much comfort do you really need ? do $300 shoes mean comfort. You can be comfortable wearing $50 sketchers.

Comfort is not a metric for Js. It’s the wackest justification to give them for their crappy qa and lack of innovation anymore.

The true question is how much comfort do you really need ? do $300 shoes mean comfort. You can be comfortable wearing $50 sketchers.

Comfort is not a metric for Js. It’s the wackest justification to give them for their crappy qa and lack of innovation anymore.
While I understand most of the appeal of Jordan’s is the look / nostalgia aspect of it, what you’re basically saying is you’re okay spending $200 on some shoes that destroy your feet.

I don’t think anyone is asking for Jordan’s to feel like you got on a shoe designed for your foot by Dr Scholl’s himself. But I think we all just hope we don’t take them off at the end of the day regretting wearing a $200 shoe because now my pinky toe is bleeding.

Spizike,

Thats the opposite of what I’m saying. I’m saying comfort at $200 should be a damn given, we shouldn’t have to be saying it’s comfortable. And comfort should not be a metric for a brand such as Jordan brand after 30+ years making shoes.

We’re giving them too many passes. It’s all good though, they can charge whatever the market is willing to pay. And people will pay.

Spizike,

Thats the opposite of what I’m saying. I’m saying comfort at $200 should be a damn given, we shouldn’t have to be saying it’s comfortable. And comfort should not be a metric for a brand such as Jordan brand after 30+ years making shoes.

We’re giving them too many passes. It’s all good though, they can charge whatever the market is willing to pay. And people will pay.
My mistake g I wholeheartedly agree with this.

I ain’t have my coffee yet pls ignore my zombie post

Let the hype begin…
90202F40-7F2B-4FA0-8769-B52A79A22F70.jpeg

697B5DFF-54D2-4965-8010-CEB22E3A90B3.jpeg

AFEC8BC9-CF50-4548-9FD2-463EBD1E83FC.jpeg

A04EB70E-F2B4-45E6-80BE-1BA863AB2EDF.jpeg

E964A815-5CB5-4A06-81F5-12E4160C292A.jpeg

7B095C82-054D-4522-9E2E-28C605880139.jpeg

B3F84932-A565-480A-94BB-7C565B678F57.jpeg

8ECB57BA-C857-4FC2-8C41-ABCF49BBB68F.jpeg

16E9F744-945F-437D-9698-885EACC43921.jpeg

Back