Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

man hopefully my connect in Bmore can come thru for me...if not online it is. Smh gotta overnight too fml.

i got a feeling i'll be getting some type of giftcard or courtesty discount via footlocker or champs corporate like how i did last year.

i went to my local mall and store managers were acting very shifty about the release and didn't want to be helpful at all. one of them tried giving attitude when i asked him if i was supposed to just camp out and waste a bunch of hours without having an idea of how many pairs they'd be getting in.

the champs by my house pulled some shady stuff last year with the cool grey release. they had an organized line and said they had 50 pairs which i got confirmed numerous times after asking the store manager and confirming numerous times. i was number 16 in line and they only had 12 pairs available and they let their friends go in first. i didn't sweat it too much because i was able to get 2 pairs on ndc and another pair from a euro site but i didn't like how they handled the release. i called corporate and complained about how the store acted, lied to customers, constantly gave misleading information and made numerous people waste their time knowing damn well they were doing some sneaky stuff. i got a $30 gift card and a 30% off discount on anything i wanted online via phone order in exchange for the inconvience i suffered and i heard that manager ended up getting in trouble via some other employees i knew that worked in the same mall.

one way or another i refuse to tolerate employees acting shady and playing stupid with me on a release like this. if i approach them correctly and ask questions and they want to act like slick jerks, calls to corporate will be made.

^^^ you haven't tried being loyal or building a relationship with somebody at your local champ, or any other spots by your crib. That's what I did just made myself known come often cop a lot an now I got a reserve on my size an every release because they know me now an know to look for me

Originally Posted by create24chaos

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

had cash put aside for these but my parents needed money. there goes my concords
smh. dont get paid until after christmas, only way ill get these is if i sell some kicks

Damn bro. Feel for you man. I respect you for having your priorities straight though. Family is everything to me. There is more important things than these damn shoes. If you was local I would try and work something out to front the cash for you. At least collateral or something that is dear to so I know you would pay me back. Whatever you end up doing, good luck and I really hope you get your pair.

thanks man. that actually made me feel a little better for some reasonI got abouta week to figure something out. hopefully I can move a pair or 2 by then

Originally Posted by all19mjs

^^^ you haven't tried being loyal or building a relationship with somebody at your local champ, or any other spots by your crib. That's what I did just made myself known come often cop a lot an now I got a reserve on my size an every release because they know me now an know to look for me
i've had plenty of connects in the past, they've all moved on to better opportunities jobs wise now, and i have a few others i deal with regularly.

my beef with champs that day is how they played games with me and everyone else that was there.  i was able to secure pairs the night before so i really wasn't sweating not getting another pair.

what pissed me off was being lied to in my face after i asked how many pairs they were getting, how many pairs in my size, and how many pairs were held down by employees or employees family.   they gave a number that wasn't true numerous times, and said employees had to wait in line like everyone else which was another lie.  i have no problem with employees getting priority on the pairs as they work there and it should be a perk , all i ask is for an honest answer so that i don't waste my time.  if i was one of the people who spent 12+ hours camped out to come up empty handed i would've handled it way worse.

today when i went to the mall, i got run around from employees when i asked simple questions about the concords and it's completely unnecessary, especially when it's so many people unemployed who would love to have an extra part time job or just a job in general and they want to act like jerks.

i've worked retail so i try to be considerate when going to stores but if i get inadequate customer service, i have no problem calling corporate especially when it comes to a store like footlocker when i know corporate will cater to me and try and correct the situation.

if i have to deal with a retail store that plays BS/shadyness corporate is getting called. all we ask for is a fair shot at a pair in our size. JB really needs to produce 1.5 to 2x the amount of a normal retro release when 11s drop. everyone wants them so make enough to satisfy us all--especially because a lot of us want more than one pair.

Originally Posted by create24chaos

had cash put aside for these but my parents needed money. there goes my concords
smh. dont get paid until after christmas, only way ill get these is if i sell some kicks

Damn bro. Feel for you man. I respect you for having your priorities straight though. Family is everything to me. There is more important things than these damn shoes. If you was local I would try and work something out to front the cash for you. At least collateral or something that is dear to so I know you would pay me back. Whatever you end up doing, good luck and I really hope you get your pair.

thanks man. that actually made me feel a little better for some reasonI got abouta week to figure something out. hopefully I can move a pair or 2 by then
Your folks borrowed money so they could cop a pair of Concords this Christmas! The way I see, everybody and they mom gonna be out there... Sorry man just trying to bring light to your situation. You'll be alright player... You'll get yours, but just gotta pay a lil more. But at least you did what your supposed to do around this time, and give!

Originally Posted by Kalon2000

if i have to deal with a retail store that plays BS/shadyness corporate is getting called. all we ask for is a fair shot at a pair in our size. JB really needs to produce 1.5 to 2x the amount of a normal retro release when 11s drop. everyone wants them so make enough to satisfy us all--especially because a lot of us want more than one pair.

I think they do. Its just that the demand far exceeds the supply. It happens every year for the XIs. trust me, if there are pairs sitting around, resellers will scoop them up for their own needs. The good thing is that the demand for the XIs will taper off after next year due to all of OG and retro color mids have been retroed. One can only hope they wont introduce new colors to keep up the hype.

Originally Posted by sthebest

I think they do. Its just that the demand far exceeds the supply. It happens every year for the XIs. trust me, if there are pairs sitting around, resellers will scoop them up for their own needs. The good thing is that the demand for the XIs will taper off after next year due to all of OG and retro color mids have been retroed. One can only hope they wont introduce new colors to keep up the hype.
I don't think hype/demand for XI's will ever die down. XI's are a very big majority of Jordan Collectors' and Sneakerheads' favorite shoe. But I do feel that after the Concords, which is a grail for many, we won't have to be AS worried about coping them.

Originally Posted by drewsone

Originally Posted by sthebest

I don't think hype/demand for XI's will ever die down. XI's are a very big majority of Jordan Collectors' and Sneakerheads' favorite shoe. But I do feel that after the Concords, which is a grail for many, we won't have to be AS worried about coping them.
It will die out. It will just take time. Nothing lasts forever.

^If anything, it's growing stronger IMO , as I cannot name another shoe on the market that has such a loyal following that has only grown over the past 2 decades !I really hope you loyal / true collectors in the US get your pairs. It's a shame in modern times resellers ruin it for the rest who love the shoe.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by all19mjs

i've had plenty of connects in the past, they've all moved on to better opportunities jobs wise now, and i have a few others i deal with regularly.

my beef with champs that day is how they played games with me and everyone else that was there.  i was able to secure pairs the night before so i really wasn't sweating not getting another pair.

what pissed me off was being lied to in my face after i asked how many pairs they were getting, how many pairs in my size, and how many pairs were held down by employees or employees family.   they gave a number that wasn't true numerous times, and said employees had to wait in line like everyone else which was another lie.  i have no problem with employees getting priority on the pairs as they work there and it should be a perk , all i ask is for an honest answer so that i don't waste my time.  if i was one of the people who spent 12+ hours camped out to come up empty handed i would've handled it way worse.

today when i went to the mall, i got run around from employees when i asked simple questions about the concords and it's completely unnecessary, especially when it's so many people unemployed who would love to have an extra part time job or just a job in general and they want to act like jerks.

i've worked retail so i try to be considerate when going to stores but if i get inadequate customer service, i have no problem calling corporate especially when it comes to a store like footlocker when i know corporate will cater to me and try and correct the situation.
Shady employees 
mad.gif

Cool grey release last year this employee @ Finishline put up a sign on release date saying that they did not get the shoes but then I found out they sold them later on that day
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RV019

Anyone know how much resellers will be charging for these? I'm gonna have to pass due to Christmas gifts

They will be charging up to $300.00 or more.

i got a feeling i'll be getting some type of giftcard or courtesty discount via footlocker or champs corporate like how i did last year.

i went to my local mall and store managers were acting very shifty about the release and didn't want to be helpful at all. one of them tried giving attitude when i asked him if i was supposed to just camp out and waste a bunch of hours without having an idea of how many pairs they'd be getting in.

the champs by my house pulled some shady stuff last year with the cool grey release. they had an organized line and said they had 50 pairs which i got confirmed numerous times after asking the store manager and confirming numerous times. i was number 16 in line and they only had 12 pairs available and they let their friends go in first. i didn't sweat it too much because i was able to get 2 pairs on ndc and another pair from a euro site but i didn't like how they handled the release. i called corporate and complained about how the store acted, lied to customers, constantly gave misleading information and made numerous people waste their time knowing damn well they were doing some sneaky stuff. i got a $30 gift card and a 30% off discount on anything i wanted online via phone order in exchange for the inconvience i suffered and i heard that manager ended up getting in trouble via some other employees i knew that worked in the same mall.

one way or another i refuse to tolerate employees acting shady and playing stupid with me on a release like this. if i approach them correctly and ask questions and they want to act like slick jerks, calls to corporate will be made.
Man that sucks, are you from NY? If so what mall did you go to (only reason I ask because you have rex as your avatar) 

Originally Posted by Franco23x

Man that sucks, are you from NY? If so what mall did you go to (only reason I ask because you have rex as your avatar) 

part of the reason why i dont camp out any more. Its insane. Employees can buy out the stock and leave the public with like 5 pairs between 100 people. Ef that BS. Majority of retail employees are complete idiots and useless. Whenever i talk to these guys. its like talking to a wall and they dont tell you much about a release

They do make that many.

Originally Posted by DAR228

Anyone know how much resellers will be charging for these? I'm gonna have to pass due to Christmas gifts

PRETTY MUCH.

THERE MAY BE A FEW IN THE $250-$299 RANGE BUT I BET MOST WILL START THEIR AUCTION OR PRICE AT $300 BEING THAT THE SHOES ARE $180 AND WITH TAX THEY WILL COST MOST PEOPLE CLOSE TO $200.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

PRETTY MUCH.

THERE MAY BE A FEW IN THE $250-$299 RANGE BUT I BET MOST WILL START THEIR AUCTION OR PRICE AT $300 BEING THAT THE SHOES ARE $180 AND WITH TAX THEY WILL COST MOST PEOPLE CLOSE TO $200.

This.  
And I've always understood that dudes out there copping multiples by putting in work and hitting the streets are really spending their valuable time and gas driving around talking to people and frontin' up funds to secure pairs, and although they may not be doing this to resell, they deserve a little extra off the top for their troubles.

Now, I understand there are some cats out there that get multiples delivered to their door or have to do little work to secure them, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get a little extra for securing for those who are not as fortunate.  If you choose to buy from a reseller who's sole purpose was to flip the shoes for 2-3x what they cost him, then cool.  Personally, I try to keep the network of collectors that are putting in work, hitting up connects and looking out for others in the community.

I have no problem throwing these dudes a little extra.  I always do something for my connects too, whether it be money or a gift or whatever, just to show my appreciation, because it's worth it to me to not have to spend my time standing in line, dealing with clowns trying to throw hands or shoot somebody over some kicks, I'm too old for that mess and I have far too much to lose to get thrown in jail for a $200 pair of shoes.

#feelsgoodman....to have those connects...#Thankful 
pimp.gif

Look I've talked to every retailer in the mall and asked what their plan of attack is for this release and how things are being handled. To my surprise, they were all very detailed. I never asked how many pairs they got but asked if the stock was pretty stacked and some were very clear that they had tons, and even a couple actually gave me the numbers. One said 200 and another said 400 pairs. I even went as far as talking to mall security who told me exactly how it will go down with the camping out piece of it. From what entrance they are allowing us folks to enter, exactly what time, when tickets will be handed out, and what they will NOT be letting us do. They then referred me to mall management for additional detail which I will be calling today. I will stress to them the hype for this shoe and even go into detail on some possible troubles that may go down and even talk about some of the threats That have surfaced with the hopes of them adding additional security that morning and/or police officers. I've got some family coming in from Texas who saw the crap that went down in my city last year while watching the news so all I'm trying to do is make sure this doesn't become stupid. It really boggles my mind that people still lost about how they are going about getting this release when they news of this shoe broke out over a year ago. I told myself last year, jokingly that I would have $1500 on ice to spend for this release for me and my brother and yeah I came up short at $1400 but my point is, I've been preparing for this since NT broke the news and one way or another I'm getting mine.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

PRETTY MUCH.

This.  
And I've always understood that dudes out there copping multiples by putting in work and hitting the streets are really spending their valuable time and gas driving around talking to people and frontin' up funds to secure pairs, and although they may not be doing this to resell, they deserve a little extra off the top for their troubles.

Now, I understand there are some cats out there that get multiples delivered to their door or have to do little work to secure them, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get a little extra for securing for those who are not as fortunate.  If you choose to buy from a reseller who's sole purpose was to flip the shoes for 2-3x what they cost him, then cool.  Personally, I try to keep the network of collectors that are putting in work, hitting up connects and looking out for others in the community.

I have no problem throwing these dudes a little extra.  I always do something for my connects too, whether it be money or a gift or whatever, just to show my appreciation, because it's worth it to me to not have to spend my time standing in line, dealing with clowns trying to throw hands or shoot somebody over some kicks, I'm too old for that mess and I have far too much to lose to get thrown in jail for a $200 pair of shoes.

#feelsgoodman....to have those connects...#Thankful 
pimp.gif
i can agree with that to a certain point.  personally i like going out of my way to get the xi release each year because of the fact that i only do it once a year.  it adds alot of excitement to the release which i dont get the rest of the time.  its the "thrill of the chase" so to speak.  and then when i get my pairs its makes for a great holiday season
smile.gif

Originally Posted by freshxxx2death

they are not going to let anyone return the 14s.

Who says? Even if they mark the receipt "final sale no return" I will go to a nike outlet and return them with no receipt...and if they ask why,ill say I'm returning a gift,and if they are unworn they HAVE to accept the return, and since its a new release,it'll ring up at retail in the system....if ntny is doing the "but aj14s, get priority on the concord line" you better believe Illbe buying the 14s and returning them somewhere

Back
Top Bottom