Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

Originally Posted by Freeze

well what he's saying isnt so far-fetched. i worked at toy-r-us while i was in college and when the systems dropped, ps3, 360, wii, we definitely used to fabricate the amount we really had, and sell them on the side, in store.  the customer has to believe you, because, why would you lie.  i worked in the video game section, me and a few others, we had a whole operation. and all systems we had to bring out the back, so there was no way of getting caught.  all we had to do was say we were sold out, and cats would generously throw us bread to give them a call when more came in.  we'd call, say we had a shipment, and they'd throw us more when they came to pick them up.  doing this type of stuff is very easy, and wild profitable.  selling !%*% that doesnt even belong to you is all profit haha.  

This is 2011. Store managers will not 1. risk their job or 2. jail time. Fox Hills Mall was notorious for trying to sell shoes for exact change and pocket the money. Running EA scams using SSN of employees still in the system. The dude who ran it all...jail. 3 years for grand theft.
People aint dumb. Who would even go to footlocker and a. trust employees on "hook-ups" or b. pay "tax" for a shoe? Todays beast tear cages and beat up FL employees if they dont get their shoes.

WSS tried this game on the DMPs and the employee who was showing off that he got his pairs, short changing the line for about 5 pairs got forced into letting them all go. We saw him drive up so when he started smirking at the line, some of the eses in the line went HAM on his car. The manager went to the back and got the 5 pairs and didnt even call the cops for the employee.

The TRU scam worked for a minute. My boy worked there and would stuff them into car seats and have someone buy the car seat, get the ps3 and return the car seat. But, again, this 2011 there is over abundance of LP on the employee side more now than on the customer. Inventory systems dont allow for miscalculations like before.

He's a troll. He's should die.

Originally Posted by three2three

well what he's saying isnt so far-fetched. i worked at toy-r-us while i was in college and when the systems dropped, ps3, 360, wii, we definitely used to fabricate the amount we really had, and sell them on the side, in store.  the customer has to believe you, because, why would you lie.  i worked in the video game section, me and a few others, we had a whole operation. and all systems we had to bring out the back, so there was no way of getting caught.  all we had to do was say we were sold out, and cats would generously throw us bread to give them a call when more came in.  we'd call, say we had a shipment, and they'd throw us more when they came to pick them up.  doing this type of stuff is very easy, and wild profitable.  selling !%*% that doesnt even belong to you is all profit haha.  
This is 2011. Store managers will not 1. risk their job or 2. jail time. Fox Hills Mall was notorious for trying to sell shoes for exact change and pocket the money. Running EA scams using SSN of employees still in the system. The dude who ran it all...jail. 3 years for grand theft.
People aint dumb. Who would even go to footlocker and a. trust employees on "hook-ups" or b. pay "tax" for a shoe? Todays beast tear cages and beat up FL employees if they dont get their shoes.

WSS tried this game on the DMPs and the employee who was showing off that he got his pairs, short changing the line for about 5 pairs got forced into letting them all go. We saw him drive up so when he started smirking at the line, some of the eses in the line went HAM on his car. The manager went to the back and got the 5 pairs and didnt even call the cops for the employee.

The TRU scam worked for a minute. My boy worked there and would stuff them into car seats and have someone buy the car seat, get the ps3 and return the car seat. But, again, this 2011 there is over abundance of LP on the employee side more now than on the customer. Inventory systems dont allow for miscalculations like before.

lol i'm pretty sure you misunderstood. what we were doing wasn't so much as scam, as there was no real foul doing, nothing really illegal, besides lying.  we werent stealing the systems, we were just lying about how many we had in stock.  we still rang the systems up as normal. 299.99, 399.99, whatever.  we were making money on the fear of the parents that they wouldnt be able to get the system without some sort of hookup.  so basically it turned into them paying 'us' for something we really already had.  i'm pretty sure it would work the exact same way now.   it wasnt something that had to be planned or worked out. most times it was the customer that initiated it anyway, offering the money up.  and it got to where it was so many people offering at a time, sometimes we turned people down if they didnt offer enough lmaooo. i was getting 100-200+ on 1 system.  it was dirty, but whatever, i was bout a dollar.

Pretty sure no one cares, but here is a pic of my wedding reception shoes for tonight:
263334_2259562526021_1157144378_32737459_3696481_n.jpg

Sorry for the bad Instagram pic.
Again, thanks Air Randy!

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by jecca650

What's up with the no response to messages or email from
Sds? Have a question about my order but no response to my messages.

different time zone, tons of emails, and just slow in general

I just want to make sure they saw my payment cause paypal decided to hold it, called them and fixed the hold so payment was sent but SDS website says my payment is pending and I want to make sure they see it before they ship out their first batch.

unless your order was in the first 100, yours probably wont ship with the first batch anyway..

Originally Posted by dharv

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

STILL DOESN'T EXPLAIN WHY THE SOLES ARE ICYYYYYYYY.

EVEN IF THEY WERE SITTING IN ASIA AND EUROPE THERE'S NO WAY THOSE WERE MADE IN '09 WITH THE SOLES LIKE THAT....

SOMEONE COME UP WITH AN EXPLANATION FOR THAT...
For some reason you seem like you'd me mad annoying in real life in addition to your annoyance on here.

"I SHOOK THEM HATERS OFF"  -- GUCCI

Originally Posted by three2three

lol i'm pretty sure you misunderstood. what we were doing wasn't so much as scam, as there was no real foul doing, nothing really illegal, besides lying.  we werent stealing the systems, we were just lying about how many we had in stock.  we still rang the systems up as normal. 299.99, 399.99, whatever.  we were making money on the fear of the parents that they wouldnt be able to get the system without some sort of hookup.  so basically it turned into them paying 'us' for something we really already had.  i'm pretty sure it would work the exact same way now.   it wasnt something that had to be planned or worked out. most times it was the customer that initiated it anyway, offering the money up.  and it got to where it was so many people offering at a time, sometimes we turned people down if they didnt offer enough lmaooo. i was getting 100-200+ on 1 system.  it was dirty, but whatever, i was bout a dollar.
see that... i know that our managers always said not to tell customers how many pairs we really had........ so ppl wouldnt know how many space jams or dmps we had then some of the shoes would go to the side and by the end of the day we will always sell those extra.. just to pocket the money

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

shoes are fake, are you guys serious. i even asked Jay about the shoes. he said they are legit, he does not sell fakes and only buys from the same factory as always. he even said check with Nike on the tag and numbers if you dont believe him.
well if jay says they're real then i guess they are....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 seriously whats he going to say his shoes are fake? how hard is it to copy a bunch of tag numbers? dudes got his face all up in jays +%@.

Many people have been sticking up for these early release resellers when they honestly have NO idea of how they are getting the shoes early and the legitimacy of them.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

shoes are fake, are you guys serious. i even asked Jay about the shoes. he said they are legit, he does not sell fakes and only buys from the same factory as always. he even said check with Nike on the tag and numbers if you dont believe him.
well if jay says they're real then i guess they are....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 seriously whats he going to say his shoes are fake? how hard is it to copy a bunch of tag numbers? dudes got his face all up in jays +%@.

True, he can just talk and please customers by saying they're legit....simple as that...but we won't know the truth until we see the actually process on how these are made/obtained.

Originally Posted by cedrockone

Pretty sure no one cares, but here is a pic of my wedding reception shoes for tonight:

Again, thanks Air Randy!

Your right we don't care, that looks CRAZY tacky... but oh well.. When did you get your pair shipped to you?

Originally Posted by cedrockone

Again, thanks Air Randy!
Congrats sir! shoes look good! 
g! 

WITH ALL THAT IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD AND THE RAY ALLEN 13 THREAD, IT MAKES ME WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN ONCE THESE SITES POST THE CEMENT 4'S AND CHICAGO 10'S.

Sorry if this has been posted.

This is from http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/

This is a great post from their forum by member Kuvakoy

For starters, this is a good article from sneakerfreaker years ago  THE SCOOP ON FAKE SNEAKERS http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/feature/fake-sneaker-info

SO WHICH ONE IS WHICH?

FAKE - by definition means not authentic or genuine.  Fake product is the term used for the illegal copying and manufacturing of name-brand products.  In also goes by the other names like imitation, replicas, knockoffs or bootleg. BOOTLEGGING is to produce, reproduce and distribute without authorization or license.  COUNTERFEIT is an imitation with intent of fraudulently passing it off as genuine. In essence Fake is a poor DUPLICATE of the genuine product. 

For example, a Fake Jordan IV starts by obtaining an authentic Jordan IV (normally smuggled out from the original factory) to reverse engineer, make a mould and use inferior direct and indirect materials in the build.  If you reproduce more Fake Jordan IV for distribution then you are BOOTLEGGING.  If you intend to pass your FAKE Jordan IV as genuine, then you are COUNTERFEITING.

VARIANT is a sneaker with slight variation in the official product. Un-released official colorways that is not distributed to the public are also called Variants (like team college sneakers for players).

FACTORY VARIANTS can either be authentic (will discuss later) or fakes made to look different at factory level i.e. colorways or materials. Variants came into prominence in the sneaker hobby after Jordan retired for the 2nd time with the release of the Jordan XV.  What’s ironic is variants pave way to Customization of sneakers and in a way, Nike ID.

HYBRIDS are sneakers made from two or more models fused together.  In the 80s especially in Asia before Nike gave distribution rights, retailers buy straight from the factories.  Any sneakers damaged in transit are fixed and glued together often times resulting in a sneaker with a different top or bottom. So these sneakers are usually one-offs and not necessarily fakes, it’s just the result of the retailer not wanting to lose a sale.  Again, ironically, hybrids pave way to Nike fusions.

FACTORY SECONDS means imperfections found on the finish product which is also same as B-GRADES.  B-Grades are sneakers that fail the quality inspection.  There are two kinds of B-Grades.

FACTORY B-GRADES are sneakers that didn’t make the final cut in the manufacturing process i.e. factory, before shipment to the warehouse for distribution. Usually these sneakers are considered faulty and ‘written off’ (will discuss later).

OUTLET B-GRADES are finished sneakers shipped from the factory but failed the quality inspection for official distribution to the retailers-consumers.  Failed units are usually sneakers with minor cosmetic flaws.  Usually if one unit fails the inspection, 100 units before and after are taken out and considered B-Grades i.e.  1 fail unit = 201 B-Grades units to the outlets.

OK, SO WHERE DOES AIR-RANDY FIT IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS?

The best way to describe Air Randy, Marquesole etc is that they cater for the demand that never existed before in the sneaker industry.  Can I coined this term or trademark it? LOL. Anyway, I call these sneakers == GREY SNEAKERS

GREY SNEAKERS?!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING?!

You see, fake sneakers are one of the commodities found in the black market.  A BLACK MARKET is the trade of goods and services that are illegal in themselves and/or distributed through illegal channels, such as the selling of stolen goods or counterfeits.

A GREY MARKET is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer. The term grey economy, however, refers to workers being paid under the table, without paying income taxes etc. It is sometimes referred to as the underground economy or "hidden economy".

So thats why I call them GREY SNEAKERS.  It’s not fake because its authentic materials etc but not legit because it is un-authorised, un-sanctioned by Nike.  These dont "exist" in a way because on paper these "excess units" (see factory B-Grades) are shown as defects and/or write offs in the manufacturing cost of the Chinese OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) when Nike does an audit.

Please picture this scenario.

1.  Jordan Brand meeting in Jan 2011, OK’s the retro of the Air Jordan III in Holiday 2011.  JB instructed the factory to make a ‘sample’.

2.  Sample produced and shown in JB meeting in March 2011.  JB’s approved the sample. 

3.  The sample and ‘TECH PACK’ are given to the OEM factory in June 2011 for mass production of say 1000 units for $XXX money.

4.  The OEM factory was given 3 months from July to September 2011 to produce 1000 units.

5.  The OEM factory allows OVERRUNS to compensate for possible faulty, defected units or Factory B-Grades. Therefore the factory produces 1000 units + OVERRUN units.

6.  The OEM shows these OVERRUNS in the manufacturing cost as write-offs so on paper when Nike does an audit these are considered ‘destroyed’.

7.  The OEM instead of ‘destroying’ the write-offs instead sell these units for extra $XXX. This is where Air-Randy etc comes in.

8.  Usually the Air Randys get the first batch or the run of units thus the sneakers may look slighty different (see Variant as well) and different packaging and accessories (e.g. the shoe horn used is from previous stock).

9.  Air Randy sells these units in July and September online to us, sneaker afficianados, which is the same timeline at the production time at the factory. THUS out in the streets months in advance of the official release date.

10.  Once the OEM finished the order and shipped the 1000 units, they can be greedy and sell the TECH PACKS and SAMPLE to the counterfeit industry.

11.  JB received the 1000 units in the warehouse in October. Looks for any potential outlet B-Grade units then distribute the remainder to the retailers for the Dec 2011 Holiday release.

Don’t be naïve to think that the Triads etc are not a part of this.  They do in the Black Market but they are keeping an eye at the Grey Market as well. 

NIKE SHOULD DO SOMETHING!

NOPE!  This is the tradeoff for Nike outsourcing their intellectual property to countries with little or even no regard to patents/trademarks, brand protection and lax labour practices in the name of maximizing profits. 

At the end of the day, Nike is not pursuing the Grey Market Merchants of the sneaker world like Air Randys and Marqueesoles. WHY?

1.  It hardly put a dent on the $$$ billions gross sale profit of Nike

2. Sneakers worn out in the street months in advance of the release are UNPAID PUBLICITY and MARKETING.  Nike is really a marketing company as well.

SO ARE THEY GOOD OR BAD?

These sneaker merchants see a market for these grey sneakers and they capitalise on it. It wise business move I say because if Air Randy dont, someone else will.  If they stay in the grey market then IMO its all good but if they are doing counterfeiting then HATE HATE.

Again it really is a fine line. In the end we THE CONSUMER WINS because WE HAVE A CHOICE.  However its CAVEAT EMPTOR.  Let the buyer beware.  IT IS WHAT IT IS.

prior to the concord release, has anyone ever purchased anything from sds? i'm just curious how satisfied past customers were with the product(s) they received.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

WITH ALL THAT IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD AND THE RAY ALLEN 13 THREAD, IT MAKES ME WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN ONCE THESE SITES POST THE CEMENT 4'S AND CHICAGO 10'S.
Lol ... I think I'm good off early releases from this point on.  Mainly because it's just too much to think about ... strong glue smells, where do they come from, how? why? etc. I value authenticity, and it doesn't get any more authentic than purchasing from Nike Town, or Champs/Footlocker. *Not saying SDS or AR are selling fake Concords, but I am saying I hate that I have to take that into consideration. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Josh311

Sorry if this has been posted.

This is from http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/

SO WHICH ONE IS WHICH?

FAKE - by definition means not authentic or genuine.  Fake product is the term used for the illegal copying and manufacturing of name-brand products.  In also goes by the other names like imitation, replicas, knockoffs or bootleg. BOOTLEGGING is to produce, reproduce and distribute without authorization or license.  COUNTERFEIT is an imitation with intent of fraudulently passing it off as genuine. In essence Fake is a poor DUPLICATE of the genuine product. 

For example, a Fake Jordan IV starts by obtaining an authentic Jordan IV (normally smuggled out from the original factory) to reverse engineer, make a mould and use inferior direct and indirect materials in the build.  If you reproduce more Fake Jordan IV for distribution then you are BOOTLEGGING.  If you intend to pass your FAKE Jordan IV as genuine, then you are COUNTERFEITING.

VARIANT is a sneaker with slight variation in the official product. Un-released official colorways that is not distributed to the public are also called Variants (like team college sneakers for players).

FACTORY VARIANTS can either be authentic (will discuss later) or fakes made to look different at factory level i.e. colorways or materials. Variants came into prominence in the sneaker hobby after Jordan retired for the 2nd time with the release of the Jordan XV.  What’s ironic is variants pave way to Customization of sneakers and in a way, Nike ID.

HYBRIDS are sneakers made from two or more models fused together.  In the 80s especially in Asia before Nike gave distribution rights, retailers buy straight from the factories.  Any sneakers damaged in transit are fixed and glued together often times resulting in a sneaker with a different top or bottom. So these sneakers are usually one-offs and not necessarily fakes, it’s just the result of the retailer not wanting to lose a sale.  Again, ironically, hybrids pave way to Nike fusions.

FACTORY SECONDS means imperfections found on the finish product which is also same as B-GRADES.  B-Grades are sneakers that fail the quality inspection.  There are two kinds of B-Grades.

FACTORY B-GRADES are sneakers that didn’t make the final cut in the manufacturing process i.e. factory, before shipment to the warehouse for distribution. Usually these sneakers are considered faulty and ‘written off’ (will discuss later).

OUTLET B-GRADES are finished sneakers shipped from the factory but failed the quality inspection for official distribution to the retailers-consumers.  Failed units are usually sneakers with minor cosmetic flaws.  Usually if one unit fails the inspection, 100 units before and after are taken out and considered B-Grades i.e.  1 fail unit = 201 B-Grades units to the outlets.

OK, SO WHERE DOES AIR-RANDY FIT IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS?

The best way to describe Air Randy, Marquesole etc is that they cater for the demand that never existed before in the sneaker industry.  Can I coined this term or trademark it? LOL. Anyway, I call these sneakers == GREY SNEAKERS

GREY SNEAKERS?!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING?!

You see, fake sneakers are one of the commodities found in the black market.  A BLACK MARKET is the trade of goods and services that are illegal in themselves and/or distributed through illegal channels, such as the selling of stolen goods or counterfeits.

A GREY MARKET is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer. The term grey economy, however, refers to workers being paid under the table, without paying income taxes etc. It is sometimes referred to as the underground economy or "hidden economy".

So thats why I call them GREY SNEAKERS.  It’s not fake because its authentic materials etc but not legit because it is un-authorised, un-sanctioned by Nike.  These dont "exist" in a way because on paper these "excess units" (see factory B-Grades) are shown as defects and/or write offs in the manufacturing cost of the Chinese OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) when Nike does an audit.

Please picture this scenario.

1.  Jordan Brand meeting in Jan 2011, OK’s the retro of the Air Jordan III in Holiday 2011.  JB instructed the factory to make a ‘sample’.

2.  Sample produced and shown in JB meeting in March 2011.  JB’s approved the sample. 

3.  The sample and ‘TECH PACK’ are given to the OEM factory in June 2011 for mass production of say 1000 units for $XXX money.

4.  The OEM factory was given 3 months from July to September 2011 to produce 1000 units.

5.  The OEM factory allows OVERRUNS to compensate for possible faulty, defected units or Factory B-Grades. Therefore the factory produces 1000 units + OVERRUN units.

6.  The OEM shows these OVERRUNS in the manufacturing cost as write-offs so on paper when Nike does an audit these are considered ‘destroyed’.

7.  The OEM instead of ‘destroying’ the write-offs instead sell these units for extra $XXX. This is where Air-Randy etc comes in.

8.  Usually the Air Randys get the first batch or the run of units thus the sneakers may look slighty different (see Variant as well) and different packaging and accessories (e.g. the shoe horn used is from previous stock).

9.  Air Randy sells these units in July and September online to us, sneaker afficianados, which is the same timeline at the production time at the factory. THUS out in the streets months in advance of the official release date.

10.  Once the OEM finished the order and shipped the 1000 units, they can be greedy and sell the TECH PACKS and SAMPLE to the counterfeit industry.

11.  JB received the 1000 units in the warehouse in October. Looks for any potential outlet B-Grade units then distribute the remainder to the retailers for the Dec 2011 Holiday release.

Don’t be naïve to think that the Triads etc are not a part of this.  They do in the Black Market but they are keeping an eye at the Grey Market as well. 

NIKE SHOULD DO SOMETHING!

NOPE!  This is the tradeoff for Nike outsourcing their intellectual property to countries with little or even no regard to patents/trademarks, brand protection and lax labour practices in the name of maximizing profits. 

At the end of the day, Nike is not pursuing the Grey Market Merchants of the sneaker world like Air Randys and Marqueesoles. WHY?

1.  It hardly put a dent on the $$$ billions gross sale profit of Nike

2. Sneakers worn out in the street months in advance of the release are UNPAID PUBLICITY and MARKETING.  Nike is really a marketing company as well.

SO ARE THEY GOOD OR BAD?

These sneaker merchants see a market for these grey sneakers and they capitalise on it. It wise business move I say because if Air Randy dont, someone else will.  If they stay in the grey market then IMO its all good but if they are doing counterfeiting then HATE HATE.

Again it really is a fine line. In the end we THE CONSUMER WINS because WE HAVE A CHOICE.  However its CAVEAT EMPTOR.  Let the buyer beware.  IT IS WHAT IT IS.

VERY GOOD POST. THIS EXPLAINS A LOT.

IMO, UNSANCTIONED BY NIKE = FAKE. NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT OR CALL IT.

HOW MUCH MONEY THEY ARE MAKING OFF THIS THOUGH, I AIN'T EVEN MAD
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
 AT THE FACT TRIADS MAY BE INVOLVED.

Dude, I can't be mad about them being "unsanctioned" by Nike. It certainly doesn't make them Fake or even variants. Variants come AFTER what we're gonna get. The shoes that we're getting are made to allot for any production mistakes that are made while making the SAME pairs that are gonna be delivered to FL, FA, etc. So, in a way, they ARE sanctioned by Nike. What's NOT sanctioned by Nike is the selling of product that they are paying the factory to make. But as it ends up being a writeoff to Nike and the overage is to be "destroyed" but ends up making it to the market ahead of time...Who is losing here?? It's like preparing two meals in case one is not prepared properly and then throwing one out because you used less salt in one and it doesn't taste the same. That would be termed as Wasteful. This is capitalistic if you ask me. And we ALL know what Grey areas exist when it comes to capitalism. So...Sign me up SDS!!!

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Dude, I can't be mad about them being "unsanctioned" by Nike. It certainly doesn't make them Fake or even variants. Variants come AFTER what we're gonna get. The shoes that we're getting are made to allot for any production mistakes that are made while making the SAME pairs that are gonna be delivered to FL, FA, etc. So, in a way, they ARE sanctioned by Nike. What's NOT sanctioned by Nike is the selling of product that they are paying the factory to make. But as it ends up being a writeoff to Nike and the overage is to be "destroyed" but ends up making it to the market ahead of time...Who is losing here?? It's like preparing two meals in case one is not prepared properly and then throwing one out because you used less salt in one and it doesn't taste the same. That would be termed as Wasteful. This is capitalistic if you ask me. And we ALL know what Grey areas exist when it comes to capitalism. So...Sign me up SDS!!!
I feel like I'm in class ... in the middle of a debate. Lol. Two interesting standpoints here ... But again, the overall speculation of "the grey area" is too much for me to deal with, and the Concord's will be my FIRST and LAST pair of Jordans I order early. Don't hold me to that though, I may get tempted again for the Chicago X's.

Haha! I feel you. I was just tellin my boy, if the Concords go alright, I'll probably buy some more releases this way. I'm just so tired of dealing with Release day nonsense that this may be my route for certain releases.

That also explains how those space jams are so icey. Nike places another order for players , celebs, special nike event, *Whatever* and then the process repeats itself.

Back
Top Bottom