Air Jordan XIV Performance/ Technology Question

Notice the carbon fiber plate on certain colorways and a composite material on some?  Take the white/red and black/red ("Last Shots") for example.  The white/red have carbon fiber, whereas the black/red don't.  Carbon fiber's performance has already been established as suggested by preceding signature models.  So my question is, is the composite/non-carbon fiber alternative material that is used on the Last Shots perform just as well as carbon fiber?  If so, what is it made out of?  

Personally, it seems as if that was a case of JB trying to be cost-efficient and shelled out at us something that functions similarly to CF, but isn't quite as good. 

Notice the carbon fiber plate on certain colorways and a composite material on some?  Take the white/red and black/red ("Last Shots") for example.  The white/red have carbon fiber, whereas the black/red don't.  Carbon fiber's performance has already been established as suggested by preceding signature models.  So my question is, is the composite/non-carbon fiber alternative material that is used on the Last Shots perform just as well as carbon fiber?  If so, what is it made out of?  

Personally, it seems as if that was a case of JB trying to be cost-efficient and shelled out at us something that functions similarly to CF, but isn't quite as good. 

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

dont know for sure, but I believe there is carbon fiber under a thin strip of material on the black/red xiv

Originally Posted by udntnoeme01

dont know for sure, but I believe there is carbon fiber under a thin strip of material on the black/red xiv

Carbon Fiber are flexible so they rarely crack unless you did something to it..
I have't really noticed that some XIVs don't have carbon fiber shank, but I'm sure they're the same material..

Performance wise I say XIV are highly under appreciated.. 

Really comfy, plus they feature a mid-cut design, zoom air cushion, really light, fantastic grip indoor and outdoor.. 
happy.gif

Carbon Fiber are flexible so they rarely crack unless you did something to it..
I have't really noticed that some XIVs don't have carbon fiber shank, but I'm sure they're the same material..

Performance wise I say XIV are highly under appreciated.. 

Really comfy, plus they feature a mid-cut design, zoom air cushion, really light, fantastic grip indoor and outdoor.. 
happy.gif

My fav Performance Jordan from 1-14,will be copping all the retros that'll be dropping 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Very underrated shoe

My fav Performance Jordan from 1-14,will be copping all the retros that'll be dropping 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Very underrated shoe

I have both, the OG XIV in white/black-reds and the retro XIV black/reds.
Both feel the same in terms of fitting and performance which cannot be said

in terms of the XII and XIII retros.

The AJ XIV are among my favorite Jordans to play basketball, along with

the AJ X and AJ XVII.

Good traction, stability is very important if you want to maximize your quickness

on thr court.

I really don't know whether there is carbon fiber footplates on mine, as mine has the 

rifled plastic cover on it, while the white/reds, white/forests etc. did not have that cover.

the AJ X and AJ XVII.

Good traction, stability is very important if you want to maximize your quickness

on thr court.

I really don't know whether there is carbon fiber footplates on mine, as mine has the 

rifled plastic cover on it, while the white/reds, white/forests etc. did not have that cover.

Carbon fiber may have been added later.
A cut section should reveal exactly what's in there.
Which cushioning is used in the heel and forefoot?

the AJ X and AJ XVII.

on thr court.

the AJ X and AJ XVII.

on thr court.

the XIV are a good pair to ball in. i remember playing YMCA ball in the og white/red ones

the XIV are a good pair to ball in. i remember playing YMCA ball in the og white/red ones

Ah. It would make sense that the CF is under that riffled material on certain colorways of the 14s, but then again, wouldn't that add some weight? Essentially, wouldn't certain models of the XIV be theoretically heavier? But that doesn't seem to be the case since the weight difference seems negligible (assuming they did use extra material to cover up the CF If it's even there)

Ah. It would make sense that the CF is under that riffled material on certain colorways of the 14s, but then again, wouldn't that add some weight? Essentially, wouldn't certain models of the XIV be theoretically heavier? But that doesn't seem to be the case since the weight difference seems negligible (assuming they did use extra material to cover up the CF If it's even there)

Since when have the XIV's been under-appreciated performance wise?
Not in my 10 years on NT anyways. People have raved about them since they came out...

-J-

Since when have the XIV's been under-appreciated performance wise?
Not in my 10 years on NT anyways. People have raved about them since they came out...

-J-

the corrogated material on the non-cf models are deeper in the sole/modsole than the cf on those other models. so either there is a smaller cf plate inside than usual, or none at all.

the corrogated material on the non-cf models are deeper in the sole/modsole than the cf on those other models. so either there is a smaller cf plate inside than usual, or none at all.

Originally Posted by bako1

Heel zoom and forefoot articulated zoom.

Its the exact same shank in both...with a different exterior shell.

Back
Top Bottom