Air Jordan XIV White/Varsity Red 4/6/19

Unless these are stupid limited I'd bet good money they hit disco. I dont shop at alot of foot stores(so not sure if they hit disco there) but a mom and pop shop around my way had the last shots on disco at one point not much but like 170.00 or 175.00 cant remember. I think the demand for the last shots was higher than these.

Candy canes? Rip Hamilton? :lol:

Rather put some HOF respect and call them the Chuck 14’s

DctccSDW0AABrB4.jpg

nba_barkley_1999_18.jpg

Wow I totally forgot we had Scottie Pippin in Houston at one time.

I really do not get the association. Rip Hamilton, perhaps hits of navy with the red associating with UConn, but there isn't any.

Still have my 06's and they look good but they're going to start falling apart soon.. So, I will cop but only if I can get them on disco and use my other pair as beaters.

Same. But for my “last shot” 2005 pair instead. In for one pair of these, but not willing to pay $190

Wow I totally forgot we had Scottie Pippin in Houston at one time.

Yeah man, it still looks odd for me to see him in that uniform. It’s a shame they didn’t do more damage but the Lakers were starting to heat up. Not to mention the Spurs.

Last edited:
Yeah man, it still looks odd for me to see him on that uniform. It’s a shame they didn’t do more damage but the Lakers were starting to heat up. Not to mention the Spurs.

Ya it was kind of a big debate here I was like 12 or 13 at the time LOL, half the fans wanted Pippen and the other Antonio Mcdyess (supposedly there were trades on the table for both of them in 98 or 99) not sure how it played out because Mcdyess was a FA (most likely a sign and trade) and Pippen wasn't . Either one woulda have been a mistake Pippen turned out to be a terrible, and Mcdyess got hurt shortly after. Fun fact: for Rockets fans the Rockets and Bulls were discussing a trade of Ralph Sampson for the Bulls number 3 pick (as they weren't sure Sampson and Olajuwan would play well together)whom we all know who turned out to be, but the Rockets opted to move Ralph to the 4 and run with the twin towers. Just imagine what Jordan and Olajuwan would have accomplished on the same team. My uncle is my source, hes very good friends with former high level Rockets executive, and it's in some book too. I'll have to check with my uncle to see which book, also in the book we could have traded or signed (camt remember which) Drexler alot sooner than we did but went a different direction.

Let's tighten up on that NBA talk in this thread guys and gals. There is no way the NBA and sneakers are related in any form....

53D2F256-5BC7-4F75-B403-1020286A645A.jpeg
9E56EF11-945F-430C-BBD6-517B99E572C2.jpeg
69F21F30-2226-4732-8484-72B3ADB21B56.jpeg
37A0A559-0CD2-4C66-BFD3-2CCB5AA9F27A.jpeg
8B8B78E7-FD98-4DB6-8EAD-D725CF5B953A.jpeg
61FEAA08-7DCA-48B3-8E29-8CBD83B4A910.jpeg
11B543DE-59B6-4F59-8A05-0271F0DE71B4.jpeg

They’re just white/red Air Jordan XIV’s to me. I know we won’t get the same shade of red as we did in 1999, but something close to it. The red paint from the ‘99’s chipped.

My boy in high school had a pair of the OGs. If I remember correctly, that paint had a metallic finish to it and if you held the shoe close you can see the flakes sparkling when the light hit it a certain way.

My boy in high school had a pair of the OGs. If I remember correctly, that paint had a metallic finish to it and if you held the shoe close you can see the flakes sparkling when the light hit it a certain way.

Yeah, I think all the XIVs has a pearlescent finish on the midsoles.

“Candy paint” is the term I think you’re looking for :wink:.

It seems like just yesterday that these retroed. They’re cool, but I’m good with my 2012 pair that has slight yellowing, but otherwise looks DS. These should be an easy pick up for those that want them though.

So did Nike include Rip's name or did some blog?

These just look like the OG white and reds

Back
Top Bottom