Air Jordan XIV White/Varsity Red 4/6/19

Per the Sole Collector website today.

"UPDATE (03/20): Despite Rip Hamilton notably rocking the "Candy Cane" Air Jordan 14 to capture the 1999 NCAA Championship with the Uconn Huskies, a sources has confirmed to Sole Collector that the upcoming retro of the popular colorway will have no official ties to the retired player."

It seems like just yesterday that these retroed. They’re cool, but I’m good with my 2012 pair that has slight yellowing, but otherwise looks DS. These should be an easy pick up for those that want them though.
This retro maybe better than that one though 2014 and down were pretty dark times for JB . But I get it if this isn’t something you must have

I want to say I purchased these back in January of 2006. There still DS as I would wear my chartreuse 14s as a white 14. The run of 14s and 7s
in the beginning of that year where great retros. Then they really pushed the Lifestyle stuff and it all came crashing down. Retro 4s where already trash by then, the green and cool grey release are great colorways but awful quality.

They look solid. They’ll never get the OG red hue right but these are a bit more acceptable than the dull red 2006.

I had to half size size down for the 2018 blk/red retro XIV, yet true to size for the 2016 XIV retros. Crazy.

Last edited:
It wouldve been nice to see Mike rock the various XIVs in the Bulls unis :smokin

Especially the blk/indigo colorway for home playoff games and the white/red for road games. We saw how he’d look wearing the white/blk/red with the home Bulls uniform (which was bad ***). He would’ve probably wore the white/blk/coy colorway for the All-Star Game that never happened in Phila in ‘99.

So many what ifs in regards to that 98-99 season.

And it was so weird that season. I don’t believe the Bulls had 1 nationally televised game that season. And seeing the last remnant of the back end of the dynasty (Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, Randy Brown, Bulls Wennington) and so forth) makes me shed a tear an an NBA fan. That Bulls team should’ve gotten at least 1 more season before the inevitable rebuild took place.

It wouldve been nice to see Mike rock the various XIVs in the Bulls unis :smokin

He wore them for the imax movie “Jordan to the Max” from 2000 (filmed in 99)

michael-jordan.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I’ll do what I always do with ogs. Buy them day one, and wear them for the first time 8 months later.

Per the Sole Collector website today.

"UPDATE (03/20): Despite Rip Hamilton notably rocking the "Candy Cane" Air Jordan 14 to capture the 1999 NCAA Championship with the Uconn Huskies, a sources has confirmed to Sole Collector that the upcoming retro of the popular colorway will have no official ties to the retired player."

Good, because it made zero sense

I want to say I purchased these back in January of 2006. There still DS as I would wear my chartreuse 14s as a white 14. The run of 14s and 7s
in the beginning of that year where great retros. Then they really pushed the Lifestyle stuff and it all came crashing down. Retro 4s where already trash by then, the green and cool grey release are great colorways but awful quality.
I was in high school when the lifestyle **** dropped and it was horrific. I still don’t understand why Jordan Brand jeans was a thing

I’ve always liked that red on the older wht/reds especially if you compare to the 2012 wht/reds that red is extremely dark on that retro the OGs always gave me a sorta fire red or infrared vibe from the pictures

I’ll get em on StockX 14s don’t move

For some reason I read this as “StockX 14’s”. Lol.

That nickname makes the same amount of sense as “RIP Hamilton” 14’s.

Good thing it’s not considered that anymore. I just remember seeing those sneaker blogs giving it that PE treatment like there would be a difference from the OG pair but it’s not.

whats difference these and candy canes?
Nothing whatsoever it was just a sell point they just going to be the regular wht/red or candy cane 14s or whatever people wanna call them

Need remastered Black toe because the last release was a joke. The side panels back are Chicago 1 2013 stiff!

Back
Top Bottom