Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

What's the quality of the leather like?

It's okay in that Nike way (I'm not a huge fan of their leather, suede, etc). I'm looking at them right now. They really are a nice shoe. A nice compliment to the other ASG shoes.

^Crazy story about meeting TInker, I was actually hoping to run into him.

As promised here are some on feet pics, I took these with my phone but hopefully they'll hold you guys over until a better photographer snaps a few. These are my first XX8 and I have no idea how I'm going to wear them, but they are really cool shoes.

Pardon the mess in my apartment, I'm still moving in.

Last edited:
Just got these at HOH.  They had my size in the display box.  I thought I would never get these shoes because they raffled them on release day.  I don't think I will ball in these shoes.  There are so many other shoes you can ball in.  I use the 28 SEs.  I like the leather quality.  I have 2 other XX8s but these are the only leather ones.  I think they would get too hot to play in because the leather is so thick.  I think they will look great with jeans, but shorts, not so sure.  I hope everyone that got some enjoys them.  I certainly am enjoying them a lot.

Me a little man they look better in hand than on feet for me. But they are dope last xx8 release to.

Same. They're a dope color way to end the serious with, but they did more in pics for me.

I own two pairs of 28s btw.

I think more black on the sole or something would've done something for these

Same. They're a dope color way to end the serious with, but they did more in pics for me.

I own two pairs of 28s btw.

I think more black on the sole or something would've done something for these

You gottem? Here's mine. Don't think I'll get rid of em either way.

Got my pair from FNL today. They fit a little more snug than my Blue Camos. I cant zipper them up past mid foot. I can get the Blue Camos up to at least top of foot. They look nice though for sure. Still wish I had gotten the first Black/Greens though.

Got my pair from FNL today. They fit a little more snug than my Blue Camos. I cant zipper them up past mid foot. I can get the Blue Camos up to at least top of foot. They look nice though for sure. Still wish I had gotten the first Black/Greens though.

I was saying the same thing way more snug than my other xx8 make me think I should of got an 11.

Wish I could've gotten the OKCs. The only complaint I have, besides the air bags lol, is the way the shroud bunches up a little since they're not completely TTS.

If you had to choose between the Westbrook PE and the Bamboo, which would you go with? Also curious to know how the leather compares.
i feel like both uses the same leather, the original bamboo/hardwood sample last year was and always been on my radar, the OKC westbrook was a purchase just incase the bamboo didnt release, but really like how the colors pop

so my top will be

-bamboo

-black/green

-OKC home  

Have been checking every site I know every couple hours since these released this past Sunday..... and still nothing.

^Crazy story about meeting TInker, I was actually hoping to run into him.

As promised here are some on feet pics, I took these with my phone but hopefully they'll hold you guys over until a better photographer snaps a few. These are my first XX8 and I have no idea how I'm going to wear them, but they are really cool shoes.

Thanks for all those pics dude!

A few pics from Spike on the weekend:

Not to judge the other man. But invest in a modern slim suit, lol. I really like the Crescent City. We got GK, Illusions, the 9 whatever, SB Valentines, Infrared 23, Infrared 6s, 28 SE, Melo, etc. Personally, I think the Illusions, GK (thanks to GITD) then Bamboos/CC. The Kobe's are nice too. I like the Flyknit and the colors but not a fan of the bulky design.

i feel like both uses the same leather, the original bamboo/hardwood sample last year was and always been on my radar, the OKC westbrook was a purchase just incase the bamboo didnt release, but really like how the colors pop

so my top will be
-bamboo
-black/green
-OKC home  

Thanks. I'm leaning towards just keeping one of the two but don't have my Bamboos in hand yet. Only thing that bugs me about the OKC are the mismatching tongue colorways.

When I got my Bamboos (Storm Shadows) I also tried on my Blue Camos for comparison. I have to say I do still like those Blues A LOT.

Last edited:
any 1 know where i can get a pair of bamboo us9.5 close to retail ?

missed out on all the online releases for the bamboo >.<

thanks heaps

It's okay in that Nike way (I'm not a huge fan of their leather, suede, etc). I'm looking at them right now. They really are a nice shoe. A nice compliment to the other ASG shoes.
I know what you mean bro. Nike has a knack for sourcing the cheapest materials they can find. I had a pair of dolce and gabanna shoes which cost about as much as the xx8s and the leather on them was as smooth as butter. Never felt anything like that on a nike product

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom