Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Maybe if Kanye endorsed these, all the kiddies would like 'em? Or if they dropped in some glow in the dark, hot pink colorway??

All JB have to do is limit 2013s with only 2to3 colorways for the hype to explode.
laugh.gif

Here's the thing about the 2012's being the "performance beasts" everyone says they are, how often did you see ANYONE in the NBA wearing them? Yes these probably will be great to play in just like the 2010-2012, but let's be honest for a second here; how many of us on this forum actually NEED more shoes to play ball in? We buy shoes because they look great or they're a great deal (like the 2012s that are on sale right now) and for most of us, their actual performance is just a nice perk. I'm hoping for the best with the 2013s (the 2011s are still one of my favorite shoes to wear), but JB has been generally pretty disappointing with this line.

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Here's the thing about the 2012's being the "performance beasts" everyone says they are, how often did you see ANYONE in the NBA wearing them? Yes these probably will be great to play in just like the 2010-2012, but let's be honest for a second here; how many of us on this forum actually NEED more shoes to play ball in? We buy shoes because they look great or they're a great deal (like the 2012s that are on sale right now) and for most of us, their actual performance is just a nice perk. I'm hoping for the best with the 2013s (the 2011s are still one of my favorite shoes to wear), but JB has been generally pretty disappointing with this line.

Personally I still cop shoes for performance not that I need them. but if I still thought Kobe 3's performed as well as Kobe 7's or even the 2012's i'd be an missing out. looks of my hooping kicks are second, tech/performance/comfort come first.  That could just be me though.

SMH at people already writing these off after a teaser pic and vague description.

2012's were dope.

Maybe if Kanye endorsed these, all the kiddies would like 'em? Or if they dropped in some glow in the dark, hot pink colorway??
To each his own. I was at the ASG 2012 Jordan trailer with all the "exclusive" colorways of the sockliners, and I couldn't get myself to spend that much on them. Yes they are comfortable, but they look uglier than most kicks. I was really disappointed with the design. For the inspiration to be a zoot suit era dress shoe, it could have and should have looked better. Those dress shoes are more sharp and narrow. They could have done so much more. When I saw the final product in ashy grey with Volt lining, and the Blue/yellow YOTD, I knew they were reaching. Even the weak Tinker editions seemed uninspired and straight Lazy. From the amazing 2011's to the 2012's, it seemed like they weren't trying anymore.
I actually like the 2010 better than these. I've been an avid supporter of JB, but these, along with the XX2, I could not get myself to buy. You gotta draw the line somewhere...

I have a lot of expectations for the 2013. I'll wait until it's on foot until I pass judgement. It's been a while since I haven't bought JB's flagship shoe. If they do come out in some pink/GITD thing, I will have lost all faith in JB. They should have learned from those abominations of the Pink CPV's....

SMH at people already writing these off after a teaser pic and vague description.

2012's were dope.

Or maybe if the 2012's didn't look like Leatherface? Looks like JB decided to stitch a bunch of left over patches together and called it the 2012.

2012's were dope.

No they weren't 

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

Pesimisim at its finest here in the Jordan forum, I admit I thought the 2012s were trash when the first pics came out but the finished product turned out just fine imho , I'll reserve judgment until we get a finished product this time, I appreciate the use of new tech bought 2011s on sale strictly for ball and they perform great , I'll probably do the same when the 2012s come to the outlets, because after all theses sneakers are in reality BASKETBALL SHOES!

Originally Posted by mikedamz

i'm loving my 2012 wolf grey deluxe. Keeping my hopes low on this so not to be disappointed but at the same time i'm not expecting a step down either.
x2.  

I LOVE my 2012 wolf greys; the grip on the court with them is amazing.  The only way that they look right though is with the high cut booty.  The low cut booty just doesn't look right to me.  Also, this shoe only looks right with certain colorways as well......YOTDs looked correct as well, but most other colorways didn't look right.  It's also only until you hold the shoe in your hand do you notice the little details and realize the quality of the shoe.  

Another reason I probably love them is because I only paid around $95 for my pair.  No way would I have bought these for $223 on performance alone......the most I'd pay is probably $145 for these. 

To me, performance and looks go hand in hand for a signature Jordan shoe.  As of late the looks have been slipping, but I still have a glimmer of hope for something great for the 2013 signature Jordan.

Interesting, maybe JB may take some effort with what is supposed to be their flagship model after all. But apart from PE colourways for the first half of allstar, is anyone actually going to wear these in the NBA?

2012's were dope.

This.

If these sent tweets and payed my bills Once a month I still wouldn't be impressed. Why won't they just focus on the design, and materials and not the gimmicks? This era in shoes will be forever known as the gimmick era.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

XX3's were the end for real Jordans.  It was a good run.  I never bought a sig shoe after XX3 cause there is no such thing.  I don't wear Team Jordans.

Nothing after the 14's really even counts for me. The 16's, 20's and 23's were tolerable, but to me the Jordan line stopped at 14.   

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

ray allen, several knicks .....

I'll pick up whatever my favorite colorway is at the outlets when they get there, just like I did with the 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 models. I don't understand how you guys can hate the shoe so much when there isn't even a real picture yet.

Back
Top Bottom