Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

probably some really good ballin shoes, but knowing JB its probably lookin over 200 smh

2011 are the best well balanced post-numbered Jordan to come out in terms of style and comfort, 2012s are good for ballin but they included too much gimmicks on the shoe, hopefully the 2013 are a blend of both
ohwell.gif

gimmicks, Gimmicks and MORE GIMMICKS!!

nike, masters of creating some BS backstory to tie in with the so-called "tech" (that, in reality has no function) to build some sort of emotional connection with the consumer so that we, not only want the shoes, but HAVE TO HAVE THEM.

newsflash nike, they have to at least either:

1. look good
2. perform well

-OR-

3. be limited :\

Last edited:
if Nike wanted to continue to do good numbers post retirement, all they would have had to do is one thing.

PUT JORDAN IN THE SHOES

imagine this..

youre flipping through a magazine and you come across this full page ad..

mj shooting a fadeway jumper in poorly lit arena all by himself wearing the 2012.

thats right there is game over for me i would have to buy them.

advertise the latest jordan on the man himself i dont care how old he is.

they should have been doing this since 2003.
wow, other than the fact thats been done before, yo delivery was mad corny

and im happy they didnt, because i was able to get the deluxe 2012 wolf greys for a steal no where near $223, the retros are sellin so well JB aint stressin their performance/legacy line numbers and im happy because its actually quality performance footwear for the low and im gettin it

I read on KATC that they are going back to numbering the shoes, this these will be the 28s instead of the 2013s
It's long since time for them to just admit numbering the sequential shoes after the year wasn't in their favor.

If true, overtime, maybe they can retroactively rename the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissfinest View Post

I BUY JORDANS PURELY FOR THE LOOKS. IF IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD, I'M NOT BUYING IT.

DON'T CARE HOW MUCH OF A PERFORMANCE BEAST IT IS. I HAVE OTHER BALLING SHOES FOR THAT.

THIS.

Most people follow this method.

Including me, for the most part.

From the statement, I can assume you buy kick just to ball in...sooo if the shoe was a beast on the court, and you could get it for way under retail, like the 2012. Why wouldn't you??? I mean thats why I got them, and once I had them in hand, I loved them.

Last edited:
jb prolly stupid thinking nobody buys jordan sig line no more because they put year instead of number. its the price big dummies. dont nobody wanna buy a plain *** looking shoe for over 200. and by the time they drop in price they old news...

I think they were off to a good start with the 2011 design wise. Instead of trying to hit "home runs" with every shoe in the brand, just focus on design and performance and the shoe will sell its self. The history of Jordan's past keeps me excited for the coming release, the 2012 wasn't bad it just stepped back from the 2011 in my opinion.

its pissing me off we still havent gotten a pic of the least hyped shoe of the new season

LMAO! Hilarious. I don't know why it's so hard for new Jordans to catch on.

the last jordan sig i purchased was the one that used his print around the toe box.   i didnt even look at the new models after that.  just getting some retros i missed out on

Lets be honest here, if the shoe looks hot and have a sub $200 option, they will sell.

All JB has to do is runs some CG ads with some of Jordans greatest in game moments with him wearing the 28s. That's all the marketing they need

..I'd have to disagree w/ya... only in that JB doesn't even really drop those anymore... 
The og Pro, both EJ sigs, both Baker sigs, Pures, Team 1 etc were cooked crack in shoe form...  hell, if next to one another.. even the Elites, J'Madness n' the 1st half of DJs line would honestly lay waste to, and embarrass the current 'elite' hydrocarbon based, heat-fused, foot-shaped, fruit roll-ups... 
..n' sure, weight may be arguable.. but theres gotta be more of a balance w/substance... 

Jordan Brand should be analogous to Michael Jordan, circa the 4th quarter... but in these days its more like Harold Miner, circa 1996...

Well, actually in most countries they were just called Air Jordans or nicknamed after the NBA season they were released back in the days.
I remember that me and my friends always said Air Jordan 1993 for the VIII and I personally started to switch in 1995
when the Air Jordan XI were originally released for the NBA season 1995/1996.
Please be advised that Nike did not add a number on the Jordan box before the Air Jordan XII white/black-taxis.
Before they always printed AIR JORDAN on the box, that's it.
To me the Air Jordan did not cease with the XX3 but the so far, the only one I really like are the AJ 2011.

Whatever ... y'all are gonna be campin out for some black & red XI's and BOOM !!!! Sky is gonna rip open and the 4 Horsemen are gonna roll out start ending the world all while wearing those new XI's too !

Whatever ... y'all are gonna be campin out for some black & red XI's and BOOM !!!! Sky is gonna rip open and the 4 Horsemen are gonna roll out start ending the world all while wearing those new XI's too !
Wow. Seriously?
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom