Air Jordan XXI Review (from Kenlut.net)

My money has been screaming out of my wallet fore these. These will be copped next saturday.

thx for bib10's reference, I feel great to discuss shoes with you guys here. here is the rest part about responsiveness, durable and overall coment. I didn't play too much in 21. plz take the review as first impression, there should be lots more to add. and thx for all your kind words.

4. Responsiveness: 9/10
The pilot study of IPS (Independent Podular Suspension) is reported to be excellent for folks. This unique shockVabsorbent system has provided an alternative from Zoom Air and Air bags. It was expected to extend to Jordan Brand shoes widely; however, after waiting for one year the IPS seems to be bundle w/ flagship ones. IPS is complemented by different density of PU posts to provide the apt shock absorption under your feet; moreover, the biggest difference between AJ20 and AJ21 is the Zoom/Encap air bag resting on the post in the heel zone. The sample of AJ21 I got only has Zoom Air unit instead of Encap Air bags. You may see them both in general release and I cannot tell you the feel for both. However, theres only a small piece of Zoom Air on the post so I guess it will be kinda difficult to tell the difference between Zoom and Air bag. Ill report to you once I get the general release version.

air_jordan_21_detail_16.jpg

Apart from the interchangeable IPS, the best breakthrough would be the big chunk of Poron in sockliners. Some of you might know that Nike would put a tag on the sockliners for NAME/MODEL NUMBER/SIZE RANGE, which blocks the blue/red jumpman mark on the sockliners. I was going to rip them off before I played in AJ21 and surprisingly, I found the jumpman logos were made of Poron! People who would like to dig deeper in shoes would know that Poron was utilized on those high-end sneakers of Nike. Press them w/ your fingers and u will discover that Poron is a kind of material w/ high elasticity and density; it will not deteriorate its shape by time and keep providing a cushioning feel between cotton sockliner and air. Take a closer look and you will see you poron is a little bit protrudent from the horizon of sockliner and this is the first time for me to see this kind of design. Compared w/ forefoot, you may discover the heel zone of providing more obvious feeling of bouncing. AJ21 has given me the 3-layers feeling of cushioning (poron->zoom air->IPS), which is quite surprising to me. When I ball in AJ21, I can feel the all-around responsiveness beneath my heels. Generally speaking, zoom air, max air and shox are made like piece shape for distributing shock evenly. In this case, you can feel the rebound under your heels as a dimension. However, those three layers of AJ21 under your heel are getting bigger and bigger in diameter. You can obviously feel the function when you come back from the sky. After balling in AJ21, I feel that this kind of layer construction has improved the cushioning much. If you compare AJ21 with Zoom LeBron III, Ill say that the Zoom Max in ZLIII is just like a spring, which can absorb the shock and distribute it to your next direction; however, AJ21 is more low profile and fast-responding. Dunno if thats just a coincidence or not, I got the best number in blocks in the pilot study of AJ21KI even slightly touched the ball which is shot by Garrett (a good friend of mine who always shoot at the top and almost no one can touch his ball)! That just made me feel satisfactory!

air_jordan_21_9.jpg

5. Durability: 8/10
It is thought that my AJ21 got cracks on the outsole because this is a sample and you will not see this problem on the general release. Please stay tuned further info on www.kenlu.net

6. Weight: 9/10
AJ21 is almost as heavy as AJ20, but it has distributed the weight more evenly. AJ20 is a low profile style in weight due to the ankle strap. Below plz find the numbers for your referenceG
zoom flight V : 1000g
aj21 : 900g
aj20 : 800g
aj10 : 800g

air_jordan_21_20_7.jpg

7. Overall:
The complicated upper design from AJ16 to AJ20 has been simplified. You might see the evolution on those AJs. However, the functionality has become more complicated. Compared w/ those AJs, the AJ21s simple upper far outweighs the complicity and AJ21 might be the one which you can put yourself into easily. Although AJ is not designed for daily life but for keen competitions, the convenience of putting on AJ21 will definitely win its own reputation. As for me, the biggest issue would be the noise from the interchangeable zoom air unit. Though it is not a big problem functionality wise, I would have love it more if I didnt hear that. All in all, the AJ21 sample has allured my mind but the general release has shown the maturity of design from NT's pics. Take the forefoot design for instance, the 4 IPS on general release would enhance the cushioning(quote from B1LLY); you can see a bigger difference on tongue design. However, the only thing that keeps me wondering in the sample version is the buckle on tongueKand you even can see that it has been changed as the buckle design similar to the tongue of AJ5.5(which I believe comes from AJ6 prototype idea). Furthermore, the invisible eyelets design on sample version might also bring you troubles when you wanna change your laces, but fortunately, it has been improved on general release. To conclude, AJ21 is the best shoes Ive revviewed in this six months. For those who enjoy playing basketball, you should not ask me should I buy it? instead of WHEN should I buy it (you know what I mean here!).

translation is done, thx for reading...it's only my thought after first wear, all comments are welcome. THX.

Quote:
Nice review, although it didn't persuade me to pay full price for these.

Damn straight.....

i'm also tired of people saying "Everyone who said they hated the XXI's, now likes them." First of all, people are entitled to their opinion. If someone hated the XXI's and still hates them, or now loves them..who the hell cares. If you wanna point out mass flip-flopping, do what dude said, and take names. ONe..................
"And I'm....CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us."

[/center]

Quote:
I wore out the Outer Heel Part of the sole in 2 Months.

hi, BabyJ

I have to say I'm not suprised about that, since the interlocked layers of outsole DNA pattern got cross section like teeth of a saw. that's what trades for good traction here.

is everybody finally convinced? these are one of the great jordans. better than 20s. average people are gonna look at these and say "hey nice shoes," while last year people were like "what in gods name are those. theyre UGLY" i cant get mine till may, but i cant wait. i might get a couple cuz im gonna wear these for the next year

good review and awesome pics!

hmmm........ i'm still on the fence though.
promoting conspicuous consumption.
Fleur-de-Lis. Whatever you desire...
ever since honeys was wearing sassoon

Good in-depth review. Getting us all excited in here. Thanks.
- - - - - EAM JORDAN[/b] - - - - -
- - - - - - - -​

These shoes arent worth over 140.....

Champs of XVII, XXII, and XXVI
Coming Back Strong in 06'​

They're too plain for that price. Although I will be getting the black/red lows on release date.

Talbert

those pics make them look better...I like that there is not too much going on with them...I'm cop one pair, only because I didn't wear any of my last 3 jay's(18, 19, 20)...The only thing that I don't like is the RED LACES, they just look outta place to me anyway...
KOBE=Greatest of RIGHT NOW!

180 dollars for good basketball shoes..nah..maybe 125 like the Lebrons..i believe the Lebrons are the basketball shoe of the year imo..i think he might've sold me on these shoes though..i have to feel 'em out myself though..one question though..did you wear an ankle brace wit the shoe or no?

JB came correct for me on these. A perfrect mix of what I wanted to see on the flagship model AJ.

I love the 17s, but don't like the lace cover. I was into the white/red 18s, but they had some flaws as well. Black/Red 19s, were ok, very comfortable but the lace cover dug into my shin. I still love the 20's, both the stealths and QS. But for me, it was time for some simplicity with a correct mix of technology.

I hope the black mids look great in person, but for a first color, I am a fan of the black/red/white. Reminds me of OG 11s (minus the red on the Concords...and red on the Taxi 12's) through the XIV's where the first color was a white/black combo of sorts.
Like I said from day one when pictures leaked, I was in love at first sight. I obviously don't care about the masses, but as predicted many NTers who were Grade A haters will be copping eventually....whether its on release day or weeks after.
From the pictures alone, they do look well crafted in terms of quality. I sure hope so, because that is one aspect that will keep me satisfied since it's quite apparent they don't care about quality in retros.
You felt like you didn't need XBOX360 and now you regret it? Well take a look at my auction

Nice, can't wait to buy them on the 18th.

What a shame, so many haters |I
tired.gif
but what can you expect.

I collect jordan's becouse of what they mean to me, grant it, some Jordan's don't look as well as others, and some don't perform as well as others But, Jordan's legacy and what he did to the game has made me a dedicated fan since 1987.

I've been collecting Jordan's, Limited Jordan's, Rare Jordan's and so on for all these years, and I'm going to keep on buying Jordan's till I die!

My wife calls me crazy but she loves it - She gives me the Money :wink:
wink.gif
and thinks it's cool when I camp out and come home with a pair.

My kids think I'm a hero for it - every time I throw on those crisp new pair of J's, there like Dam..... :wow:
eek.gif

and now it's my son's turn, CUZ I'm getting to old to stand in lines, he can do it for US :lol:
laugh.gif

Peace

[/b]
Ebay: jump-man23

I would never pay 175 for the 21s. They still look nasty IMO. The review is great, but still didnt change my opinion.

I think these are going on sale and thats when I'll cop them. They do look better on dudes feet than they do when they are by theirselves.
$crooge McDuck"Work Smarter, Not Harder"

I like Jordan as much as the next person, but because theyre his shoes or because some online review said they are good dont change the fact that they are ugly and def not worth 175. If thats being a hater, then im a hater. To each his own though.

lol member along time ago wen peeps on NT sed that the 21s were ugly??lol but for me i didnt call em ugly...from those pics i think i am liking them
'...dont dont dont dont, dont believe the hype here that Mike...'--The Game

great review, makes me wanna cop for basketball
510 bay area, u got any jay's or sb's size 10.5 - 12 hit me up

Quote:
I like Jordan as much as the next person, but because theyre his shoes or because some online review said they are good dont change the fact that they are ugly and def not worth 175. If thats being a hater, then im a hater. To each his own though.
I have to agree they aren't the best looking J's (it seems like good looking J's have passed though IMO) but you should be intitled to your own opinion without everybody saying its wrong or the favorite your a hater.
$crooge McDuck"Work Smarter, Not Harder"

Back
Top Bottom