Air Jordan XXXIII first info

33d.jpg
I gotta save this one:lol:

While I don't see any striking resemblance of the III, the flagship CW just "pops."

The 3 is so popular that they could have played it really safe with these. I'm so happy they didn't. They took some chances and ignored obvious color blocking. I have been skeptical of the Jordans-as-inspired-by-their-single-digit-brethren idea up until now. These just do it for me. Imagine this lacing technolgy replacing the straps on the 8-inspired 38.

Aside from the all black pair, I really like them all. I don't think the materials translate well on that one.

I'd like to see how the strap behind the tongue works.

I guess we're just going to ignore what's going on here?

DnlJSPxUUAALE5-.png

That's what I was afraid of seeing with these. Its funny how you can thoroughly tell how smart a designer is by their designs. Do they ride the line between form and function or is it biased toward one side? Is the negative space used or is it an afterthought? How about contrast vs flow? Are you changing the game or playing it safe by letting someone else like Virgil Abloh take all the risk first? Is it what you think looks cool or is it what you think they might think looks cool?

Somethings I like about it, somethings I dont.

Final verdict? Trying too hard. Way too hard. Every aspect. This designer is hacky and non practical. Id imagine he never stepped away from the computer on these. Didnt actually go hands on with it at all. The materials, beside being cheap af looking, arent up to the application's demands. The material at the forefoot thats getting bunched up shouldve been a stretch material pulled tight so when you strap in it relaxes but doesnt bunch. That problem seems easily avoidable with 1 or two revisions. Never happened apparently. This dude sucks.

Is there no one out there with real actual impressive skill in footwear design besides Tinker who wants to take on The Air Jordan? Seems like theyre just giving the job to whoever.

This is the Carlos Mencia of Jordans. All this hacking off of Off White needs to end.

Also, last thing, the little fishing line lace is going to eat that nylon strap up for lunch. Good luck with that.

Hats off....They really blew me away with this one. You can't see ANY progression trace of what the 31 and 32 were. After the first couple colorways those became stale IMO, but everything about this shoe screams fresh. Every color way isn't some cheap Adobe illustrator fill in. They will be able to run great themes / collabs and PEs with this shoe.

Ill have to inspect that group pic when I get back, thats going to be interesting

Where'd that pic come from?

I guess we're just going to ignore what's going on here?

DnlJSPxUUAALE5-.png

That's what I was afraid of seeing with these. Its funny how you can thoroughly tell how smart a designer is by their designs. Do they ride the line between form and function or is it biased toward one side? Is the negative space used or is it an afterthought? How about contrast vs flow? Are you changing the game or playing it safe by letting someone else like Virgil Abloh take all the risk first? Is it what you think looks cool or is it what you think they might think looks cool?

Somethings I like about it, somethings I dont.

Final verdict? Trying too hard. Way too hard. Every aspect. This designer is hacky and non practical. Id imagine he never stepped away from the computer on these. Didnt actually go hands on with it at all. The materials, beside being cheap af looking, arent up to the application's demands. The material at the forefoot thats getting bunched up shouldve been a stretch material pulled tight so when you strap in it relaxes but doesnt bunch. That problem seems easily avoidable with 1 or two revisions. Never happened apparently. This dude sucks.

Is there no one out there with real actual impressive skill in footwear design besides Tinker who wants to take on The Air Jordan? Seems like theyre just giving the job to whoever.

This is the Carlos Mencia of Jordans. All this hacking off of Off White needs to end.

Also, last thing, the little fishing line lace is going to eat that nylon strap up for lunch. Good luck with that.
giphy.gif

tonytobacco tonytobacco dude the shoe is on a....mannequin. Cmon now. Likely a year and a half of testing, dozens of prototypes. See the pic. You sound like this is Puma taking a swing.

So damn close to being nice to me. That achilles extension just ruins the shoe completely. And that bunching of the material is horrible. If it weren't for these two things, (and what's with the gold? Not a fan) I'd probably bite just for fun. But won't be able to do it. Some of the samples in that photo above are nice. Particularly the white and black pair in the top right corner, I wish that was the one they went with. Black heel panel like I hoped for and doesn't appear to have the achilles extension, just a pull loop/tab. Those are dope. Too bad, but saves me money.

wasn't expecting that kind of bag for the heel. As thick as the heel looks, was expecting something else. Maybe it'll be a taller bag.

tonytobacco tonytobacco dude the shoe is on a....mannequin. Cmon now. Likely a year and a half of testing, dozens of prototypes. See the pic. You sound like this is Puma taking a swing.
Youre right, I didnt see that pic of samples before I posted that.

I cant help but envision that fishing line cutting through the lace loops. Its going to absolutely be the first thing to break on these. And theres going to be a lot of returns. Mark my words. It might hold up with casual wear but on the court? Its a ticking time bomb there.

Back
Top Bottom