Air Jordan xxxiv first info

Arrived today from FNL.

I'm not impressed for the price at MSRP. Materials imo feel cheap. Glue stains on midsole. Had some weird speck of a tarry substance on the left toe that took me nearly 10 mins to get off with a fine tip tweezer. For me these do not feel like the premium flagship that they should.

I'm normally a size 13 but these things feel snug up front across the toes and the heel cup area just plain feels odd. I'm guessing that a size 14 may loosen the toebox some but wouldn't want them od long. These feel short...toes are all the way to the end.

Also, the vent holes on the tongues at the bottom not being symmetrical really irks me.

Attachments

• 20191016_163058.jpg
    20191016_163058.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
On the one hand, I understand some people's perception of the materials being "cheap," and the subsequent "these don't seem worth $175." On the other hand, I have a hard time picking up a LeBron 17 and seeing it's $200 for what amounts to a shoe made out of yarn and plastic and glue. The way most modern shoes are constructed, none of them really feel all that worth $150-plus price points. And then they sell crap retros for $190 and up, just because they can. So personally, I just buy it if I like it. Bringing some sort of value proposition or "worth" perception into it would have me not buying a lot of shoes I buy. At least the 34s aren't flyknit LOL

I'm trying to decide whether I like these more than the white ones.

1571251595638.png

Those look great....but I'm still holding strong on NO WHITE OUTSOLE...or at least predominantly black if there has to be some white (ex. I could live with some white like in the ratio on the BC4).

So after about 4 days of wearing them non stop and hooping in them on day one and day 4, I agree with what most of those that hoop in them have said.

Love the way they look.
Love the way they fit.
Love the lightness.

But I HATE the way they perform. These are honestly bad basketball shoes. Sole stiff af, not very much improved over the last couple of Jordan sigs. I should have known better, never liked any of the flight plate crap. Not enough flex and no foam in the forefoot makes for a shoe I don't like.

Cant see how anyone would want to play an entire game in these. I couldnt even stand walking around in them casually. Gimmicks dont make for a good shoe.

Funny thing is, you could almost tell from watching the shoe-tubers that these arent a good hoop shoe, more so because of what they don't say than what they do say about the shoe.

So after about 4 days of wearing them non stop and hooping in them on day one and day 4, I agree with what most of those that hoop in them have said.

Love the way they look.
Love the way they fit.
Love the lightness.

But I HATE the way they perform. These are honestly bad basketball shoes. Sole stiff af, not very much improved over the last couple of Jordan sigs. I should have known better, never liked any of the flight plate crap. Not enough flex and no foam in the forefoot makes for a shoe I don't like.

Cant see how anyone would want to play an entire game in these. I couldnt even stand walking around in them casually. Gimmicks dont make for a good shoe.

Funny thing is, you could almost tell from watching the shoe-tubers that these arent a good hoop shoe, more so because of what they don't say than what they do say about the shoe.

I’ve played in mine the last 3 days and the only complaint I have is the laces loosening, I’ve had to relace a couple times. Other than that these are up there for me Top 3-4. KD12, WN1 chaos, WN2, and these are my favorites to play in. Might be recency bias but the 34s probably my favorite as far as all around, I think they definitely have the best look :pimp:

The loops at the top look like something they forgot to cut off during production. Too small to fit a finger in just like the Achilles loop.

My pair has an odd bump on the heel, lateral side only, might be the eclipse plate's curvature. Was gonna get another on NDC to see if it's the same thing but they are out of most sizes. Should of ordered earlier when my size was there. I tried various insoles but still felt it. I'll wait for them to reload on sizes.

Love the way they look.
Love the way they fit.
Love the lightness.

The super stiffness in the sole and flight speed (feels like metal :lol: ) are definitely too aggressive for me too and I'm not even balling in them. This is exactly why I'm letting go of the 33. Couple that with the 34 being an overall better looking shoe/shape/fit etc.

Sucks for ballers but at least these aren't as bad as 33's.. those are like having blocks on the sole.

The super stiffness in the sole and flight speed (feels like metal :lol: ) are definitely too aggressive for me too and I'm not even balling in them. This is exactly why I'm letting go of the 33. Couple that with the 34 being an overall better looking shoe/shape/fit etc.

Sucks for ballers but at least these aren't as bad as 33's.. those are like having blocks on the sole.
I love the feel of the 33s for ball. Hope I will like these.

I love the feel of the 33s for ball. Hope I will like these.

Are you a big man? (pause) .. I honestly don't know how those could feel good for anyone unless they eventually break in or something. I just tried them on today and it felt like I was wearing platforms :lol:

Are you a big man? (pause) .. I honestly don't know how those could feel good for anyone unless they eventually break in or something. I just tried them on today and it felt like I was wearing platforms :lol:
I am a big man. That is probably why. Love the flight plate. The heel cushion sucks though. Only play in 33 SE's though. Never bought the mids but have two pairs of the lows.

33s are my go to for ball.. super comfy.. especially the lows!!

33s are my go to for ball.. super comfy.. especially the lows!!

Probably a big dude like P PBGBND .. I'm 6-1 athletic build but I stopped playing ball long ago so the 33 casually wasn't the best. I mean, I could make them work but why force it with an entire collection lol. And the 34's are night and day compared to the 33.

If I were playing ball, I think the KD12 would get my vote.. those are dead pillows!

Back
Top Bottom