Air Jordan xxxiv first info

I don’t ball - just casual wear, so maybe my opinion matters less, but I figure comfort is comfort. I love Nike, but MAN they really need to overhaul the fit and cushion on the Jordan line.

It's not that your opinion matters less, you just need to manage your own expectations.

For practical purposes you'll never get the softness and bounce in a yeezy or something like the nike exp with full length react. It's not what you want on the court.

You try the KD 12? Probably the closest thing to what you're looking for with step in comfort. No strobel board so the zoom is very noticeable.

IMG_5437.jpg

casual wear today, look great with some joggers/pants.

I agree with another poster that the fit on these is amazing. I'm not 100% sold on the midsole system, but the ease of access putting them on, and the lock down feel they give is A+++++++++++

I hope JB and Nike keep using a fitting system like this on other models.

My initial experience so far with these has been so-so, not too great so far but would need a few more hoop runs to finally decide. I originally got the blue voids TTS. I played about 5 games total. Excellent cushioning and lock down but with some issues I can explain below. I had to keep relacing them during games for some reason. After my 3rd game, I experienced some pinching pain on my right foot between the 4th and pinky toe. I had to take them off as the pain was unbearable during the 5th game. I figured I will need to break them in some more. I wore them around the house for the next 2 days but it was still too tight. I had to return them and exchange for a half size bigger. Going a half size up was still tight when wearing cushioned socks but figured I would need to break in more. I wore them around the house for a day and then played two games wearing elite socks and felt like it was still too narrow near the pinky toe. I don't think it would ever break in as there's no stretch around that shroud area but as the midsole gets settled, I may gain some room around that area. I played another game but this time switched to thinner socks. I felt better immediately with thinner socks. However, there are still issues with the lacing. It just comes loose and I have to relace after a while. My foot felt locked down but I can feel very very minor slippage on the heel whenever the laces start to loosen up. With thinner socks, there is some stitching around the achilles area that would rub into my achilles. Really uncomfortable but I think that issue will go away after a few more games. Will play a few more games this week and hope it gets better. This may seem like a negative post but I love everything else about this shoe.

Also, I don't think my feet are wide. I wear TTS in KD 12 and have no issues with those at all. My favorite at the moment and switch between those and the AJ 29.

My initial experience so far with these has been so-so, not too great so far but would need a few more hoop runs to finally decide. I originally got the blue voids TTS. I played about 5 games total. Excellent cushioning and lock down but with some issues I can explain below. I had to keep relacing them during games for some reason. After my 3rd game, I experienced some pinching pain on my right foot between the 4th and pinky toe. I had to take them off as the pain was unbearable during the 5th game. I figured I will need to break them in some more. I wore them around the house for the next 2 days but it was still too tight. I had to return them and exchange for a half size bigger. Going a half size up was still tight when wearing cushioned socks but figured I would need to break in more. I wore them around the house for a day and then played two games wearing elite socks and felt like it was still too narrow near the pinky toe. I don't think it would ever break in as there's no stretch around that shroud area but as the midsole gets settled, I may gain some room around that area. I played another game but this time switched to thinner socks. I felt better immediately with thinner socks. However, there are still issues with the lacing. It just comes loose and I have to relace after a while. My foot felt locked down but I can feel very very minor slippage on the heel whenever the laces start to loosen up. With thinner socks, there is some stitching around the achilles area that would rub into my achilles. Really uncomfortable but I think that issue will go away after a few more games. Will play a few more games this week and hope it gets better. This may seem like a negative post but I love everything else about this shoe.

Also, I don't think my feet are wide. I wear TTS in KD 12 and have no issues with those at all. My favorite at the moment and switch between those and the AJ 29.
Since you said the shoelaces come undone are you single or double knotting them?

Since you said the shoelaces come undone are you single or double knotting them?

Sorry for not clearing that up, they don't come undone. It's just that somehow I get them pulled tightly then after a while, it seems like the laces feel like they stretch a bit. So I have to undo the laces, pull them tight again, and then tie.

Do the laceloops have play or are stretchy? Maybe that's why they're breaking....?

Sorry for not clearing that up, they don't come undone. It's just that somehow I get them pulled tightly then after a while, it seems like the laces feel like they stretch a bit. So I have to undo the laces, pull them tight again, and then tie.
Switch out the laces?

been playing in the blue void colourway for a few weeks, absolutely love em, toe box is a bit more snug than i would like but not enough to cause any real pain/issues or to go up from an 11.5 to a 12,

copped the red orbit colourway because they look amazing, the harder plastic mesh material on the upper is nowhere near as soft as that transparent rip stop-ish material on the blue void.

can anyone that's been playing in the red orbit colourway chime in? does it break in or soften up? kinda pinching the top of my forefoot, maybe i'll take em back and wait for the amber joints that are dropping in future

This was basically my same experience with the 34. Only my right foot gets that painful feeling on the corner side of my foot. Right where the rubber piece is that holds your foot in. The toe box on these has absolutely no give. It might as well be steel.

What eventually helped for me was taking the insole out like another poster suggested. Like you said, the issue isn’t length, it’s width. So doing that allowed my foot to have much more room inside the shoe but also remaining TTS length wise. Now if I wore some super thick socks, all bets might be off. I wear a decently thick quarter sock with mine, no insole, and they fit great now after multiple days of breaking in.

It's not that your opinion matters less, you just need to manage your own expectations.

For practical purposes you'll never get the softness and bounce in a yeezy or something like the nike exp with full length react. It's not what you want on the court.

You try the KD 12? Probably the closest thing to what you're looking for with step in comfort. No strobel board so the zoom is very noticeable.

please don’t let marketing fool you. The strobel is a super thin piece nylon fabric. It has zero effect on the cushioning feel

It pains me to report this, but after heavy debate, I just don't think this shoe will work for me long term.

I've broken them in quite nicely, but after a few hours of extended wear, my two outermost toes on my right foot begin to BURN. To the point I have to stop what I am doing immediately and take them off.

I'm heartbroken, cause the look and the lock down fit is A+ to me. But the toe box is a deal breaker.

please don’t let marketing fool you. The strobel is a super thin piece nylon fabric. It has zero effect on the cushioning feel
I don't drink the kool aid. Zoom Turbo is a gimmick. LeBron renaming flyknit 3 years in a row, gimmick. But I actually thought the KD12 delivered. Maybe the strobel removal is marketing speak, but the shoe definitely provided a unique experience cushion wise.

Similar issues I had. Plus the fraying and popped zoom bag. Nike approved new for a voucher. I love the 34, so I may try them again smh. But yeah those issues you spoke about were/are real.

Just returned mine yesterday after the other lace hole broke Sunday while hooping. Love the shoe and feel, probably moving on though to something else

in the press release they mentioned new jordans won't be based on the original 1-10s anymore. There might be some nods to past shoes but it looks like they're going with completely new designs which is great.

I missed that which makes sense because when I saw these.. I was like where the hell are the IV's lol. But they look ALOT like 14's which I compared in my video. It looks so much like a 14.. I was shocked no one mentioned it. Took me a little while after pics surfaced to see it though.

Back
Top Bottom