AIr jordan XXXV first info.

I’ll be MJ’s other NBA jersey number next month. A variety of leg injuries have caused me to pretty much retire from pick-up ball, but I still go out and just get shots up regularly.

And I took a hiatus from the AJ sig line for a while, but have been in on all of them lately starting with the XXX1.
46 myself. I took a hiatus after he retired and was in the grips of another addiction that took over everything . I addressed that addiction and gained a new interest in my health which included playing basketball again so have been buying sig line since the 31 (with some retros mixed in like Jordan 3,4,5,6,11 black cements, UNC, mocha, cool grey, black cat, infrared, space jam, etc. I started my journey with my first pair of Jordan 5 metallics when I first could afford them. I liked the 31 to play in and looks aren’t bad, 32-33 eh not so much. Yes on the 34 all around and awaiting arrival of 35 which I will bust out this Wednesday night for over 30 league.

I’ll be MJ’s other NBA jersey number next month. A variety of leg injuries have caused me to pretty much retire from pick-up ball, but I still go out and just get shots up regularly.

And I took a hiatus from the AJ sig line for a while, but have been in on all of them lately starting with the XXX1.

injuries, growing health issues, work, family and age pretty much affected my then active basketball life. while I still dream of getting back to where I was before and do competitive basketball, I guess I just have to resign to the fact that my prime is over. I just love schooling the younger guys with old school basketball but the body is just not there anymore. couldn't run fast and jump high like the young ones anymore. the things that have given me a lot of leverage when I was younger isn't there which is sad. but atleast I could still outbox, outdrive and fake the life out of them which is still a consolation. I'd be lucky to play atleast 2 times a week with limited playing time. now, I guess I'm back to where I started, shooting hoops by myself. I still love basketball shoes though.

Kind of off topic here but here what Mike is up to this weekend. My brother in law is in this tournament and Mike has taken up sport fishing as a serious hobby. Jordan and his Crew reeled in a 442 pound Marlin in June. I guess golfing wasn’t cutting it as it’s a much bigger rush reeling in a fish that big compared to a hole in one. Tough to match the intensity and competition of what Mike experienced in his b ball career. Much more expensive hobby too. I’m no pro but reeling in my first tuna this past summer was an amazing experience and the whole scene is surreal. Here’s a few pics including one my bro in law took from his boat. Mikes considering buying his other boat a Viking 72. Notice the elephant print lol.
K
A9043D8D-A9A2-471B-9A25-5E565E19380C.jpeg
EB52224D-D845-4611-8563-5EA73C553E9F.png
A9043D8D-A9A2-471B-9A25-5E565E19380C.jpeg

Last edited:
Same same and same, little under 40 here and playing 4-5 times a week pre-COVID. Hopefully this is gonna be over soon, so I can get back to my regular playing routine 😊

In my mid 30s and knee and ankle issues started bothering me in my late 20s so I stopped from 4x a week to 2x and I have far less overall pain in terms of after playing pickup. With the last year off, my knees feel so good so we shall see whenever I am able to play again post-pandemic. Been lucky enough to make reservations at a court by me and get shots up daily but who knows when full 5s will be a thing near me again...

43 year old here. I haven’t taken good care of my body. Lots of smoking and drinking, and I only quit cigarettes 2 years ago. Needless to say, it’s been awhile since I’ve hooped, and it is more likely than not that I will ever play competitively again. I actually fractured my foot last summer while jogging, so even running is out of the question. Not going to risk refracturing it again. With that being said, I still buy Js for the gym for lifting. I refuse to be the old dude who rolls in rocking $60 Air Pegasus joints from the outlets. Lol

Kind of off topic here but here what Mike is up to this weekend. My brother in law is in this tournament and Mike has taken up sport fishing as a serious hobby. Jordan and his Crew reeled in a 442 pound Marlin in June. I guess golfing wasn’t cutting it as it’s a much bigger rush reeling in a fish that big compared to a hole in one. Tough to match the intensity and competition of what Mike experienced in his b ball career. Much more expensive hobby too. I’m no pro but reeling in my first tuna this past summer was an amazing experience and the whole scene is surreal. Here’s a few pics including one my bro in law took from his boat. Mikes considering buying his other boat a Viking 72. Notice the elephant print lol.

Thank you for posting. A friend of mine was asking what he was wearing 👟 down there and they think it might have been Gold/Sail/Volt 1 Highs. Be cool if he was seen wearing 34 or 35s.

43 year old here. I haven’t taken good care of my body. Lots of smoking and drinking, and I only quit cigarettes 2 years ago. Needless to say, it’s been awhile since I’ve hooped, and it is more likely than not that I will ever play competitively again. I actually fractured my foot last summer while jogging, so even running is out of the question. Not going to risk refracturing it again. With that being said, I still buy Js for the gym for lifting. I refuse to be the old dude who rolls in rocking $60 Air Pegasus joints from the outlets. Lol

I also stopped jogging for about a year now, due to recurring knee problems ( meniscus injury, the shock absorbers on those knees are so worn off that the rubbing on the joints causes pain and swelling ) . same here, I also refuse to be that guy that wears sketchers in the gym. the least that I have worn something worse than sketchers are wearing unbranded poor imitation rubber shoes during my younger years only because I couldn't always afford buying proper shoes which was a bad idea. dunno how many times my toenails got butchered or shoes exploded while playing.

48 here and jumped back in on the 31 and still have some of mine from back in the day. Starting buying them way back when the IV was released. Stopped when I got married. Then missed it too much, almost bought a few pairs here and there - but didn't until the 31 - thought it was a good model to get going with again. Really want to snag a 35 but only liked the Warrior and Dynasties color-ways so far. Anxiously waiting for something to release that I really want. Seems slow going right now though.

most likely. eventhough I was part of that generation of watching Jordan play, I wasn't really a fan of the coveted favorite Jordan 1s or collabs. tbh, the new generation mostly don't know anything really significant as far as Jordan does as a player other than calling him the Goat. I'd say for the most part, in our generation, we bought sneakers primarily to play ball and feel like the player we are trying to be. nowadays, are just mainly for fad or trying to look cool or show off. from what I have observed, certain retro Jordans are more sought after than current iteration of Jordans due to resale/value of the shoe rather than nostalgia. nowadays, it's more about shoe hype rather than the actual player hype that influences the sale of the retro shoes. I have my favorite Jordans including retros and modern ones and my reason for my purchase is due to the man himself.

forgot to mention, Jordan is the reason that I got serious into basketball and sneakers. as far as play style goes, it would be Pip, Rodman and Mchale.

anyone know if the titan 35s are sold out in store? thanks!
I saw one HOH(40 miles away) had them along with the 23s this past weekend. I don't care for them so no point to go and check them out. Probably still have stock. Not sure how many stores had them. I know that area is Filipino heavy so not surprised they had them there.

I saw one HOH(40 miles away) had them along with the 23s this past weekend. I don't care for them so no point to go and check them out. Probably still have stock. Not sure how many stores had them. I know that area is Filipino heavy so not surprised they had them there.

don't really care much for the Titans. if they were awesome design, I would be all over them. but personally, they are nothing more than collab branding.

How do you check in store stock for HOH? If I just do "pick up in store" it's definitely not showing all their inventory at all for the one nearest to me.

thanks for the heads up on the Titan 35s. Man seems to be only available in SoCal in store? Same with you guys, dont care for the collab or branding, but I do like the color I usually wear some sort of white black red variant for hooping.

I’m going to take a guess and say that most of the people in the J35 thread are older than 30 and some much older than that. We probably saw Mike play live and we’re old enough to know we were watching greatness on a level not seen before or since. We are some of the most die hard fans and still buying his shoes 20 years after he retired. I assume this because the younger kids that are into Jordan’s are usually in the Jordan 1 threads and some collabs and some 3-6 and 11”s. Or people are buying these for performance as well in which case Id be wrong. Don’t know where I was going with this just cool to connect with people that are like myself at least in regards to Jordan and his shoes unlike my 16 year old nephew who doesn’t like my Jordan's collection all that much.

44 here. Sae MJ play in 1988, and got my first Salem caricature shirt at a Sixers game that year. Black Cement IVs were my first pair in 7th grade '89-90 school year). Been buying ever since...BUT getting out of the hobby as it's just not fun like it used to be. No more impulse buys, and frankly, I can't pull the trigger on anything. Just don't have the urge to get anything right now.

That said, the black & red 35s look great and I do have a $50 GC and a 20% code, so that's very tempting. Will get the Carmine's as that shoe has very special meaning to me (passed on the OG in '91 for my 2nd pair of black/infrared VIs in 9th). For us old heads, this hobby while wonderful has had my head hurt with so many hurdles to jump to just spend money. Kinda why I'm getting out of the hobby.

I'll always be a sneaker head, and will buy certain releases (has to be special) but the boat has saled for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom