Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

Considering the source and other assessments made irrespective of the shoe itself, I'm inclined to believe this is an actual preview of the XXXVII.

I love the 1st few pages of the new air jordan thread every year lol. I don’t know if these are them but they do have some design cues for sure. Is that neoprene sock liner I was wanting!?!?
Refuse to believe these are it but if so theyve had three hits in a row, a year off would be welcomed.
They look too Players line cursed were all familiar with and chunky as hell.

I’m not making the mistake of judging them off of a grainy photo.
I’m with you. I have no idea what these are. No visible flight plate but JB does have that new foam that’s in the Luka 1, Formula 23. So maybe Tate took the flight plate as far as he could? Maybe they’re going nike running style and just using a carbon fiber plate in the foam? The only design cue I can see would be the inner bootie that looks like neoprene.

From these pics, the design doesn’t make me think Jordan signature In any way. Maybe there are really nice details and tech we just cant see.

Need clearer pictures for final judgement for sure.

Why do people in threads like these always consider the new shoe to be ugly? Or they hate it or it’s not what they wanted?

First off the images are grainy, it’s not like it’s in full display or official images. It’s still new! People here need to calm down.

Secondly, why do the same people who complain about the new shoe assume that it’s gonna be bad?

I like to see those guys actually come up with a sneaker design themselves, because I’m pretty damn sure (with the lack of creativity, imagination and monotonous perspective) they’re just gonna come up with a knock off version of classic Air Jordans with even more stuffy *** leather uppers (which they assume it’s “high-end” or “premium because that’s what MJ would have wanted”) and lackluster performance on the court. People like them are quick judge everything from the first picture and never give a fair shot.

Bottom line is, I only ask because this ALWAYS happens every year and I’m curious as to why they couldn't give ANYTHING new a chance. I’m not here to be a punkass jerk, I’m only curious

Last edited:
Why do people in threads like these always consider the new shoe to be ugly? Or they hate it or it’s not what they wanted?

First off the images are grainy, it’s not like it’s in full display or official images. It’s still new! People here need to calm down.

Secondly, why do the same people who complain about the new shoe assume that it’s gonna be bad?

I like to see those guys actually come up with a sneaker design themselves, because I’m pretty damn sure (with the lack of creativity, imagination and monotonous perspective) they’re just gonna come up with a knock off version of classic Air Jordans with even more stuffy *** leather uppers (which they assume it’s “high-end” or “premium because that’s what MJ would have wanted”) and lackluster performance on the court. People like them are quick judge everything from the first picture and never give a fair shot.

Bottom line is, I only ask because this ALWAYS happens every year and I’m curious as to why they couldn't give ANYTHING new a chance. I’m not here to be a punkass jerk, I’m only curious
because people are generally basing it on the leak photo. and as far as how it shows in the photo, it is underwhelming and could be ugly. although there are others that do judge the shoe basing on official photos and hating it as well. I remember when some were calling the 36 as the Sturgeon. some maybe serious about it and some even were just merely joking. as far as the Sturgeon joke goes, I'd be happy to see Jordan brand implement a Sturgeon colorway of the 36 with some salmon roe decals.

also, I have seen some people do some personal design and they looked better than what Jordan brand or Nike came up with.

I do remember that Tatum.mentiones his own signature shoe,.... But with Luka getting the Luka 1 and the Zion 2 dropping soon, maybe Jordan decided to make him the face of the Jordan signature shoe for the 37, before they pass on that torch to someone else?! I will admit the case can be made for being the 37 or the Tatum 1, but this is how the leak started with the 36 if everyone will remember a grainy pic on foot, then a video showing behind the scenes,.... Then boom here we are?! Either way I'll take them, because both are welcome in my collection

If memory serves correctly, Tatum ended up debuting the 36 in warmups before changing back into the 34 for the actual game. I know Jeff Green technically wore them first but the high res and detailed pics came from Tatum in warmups back in May of 2021. I say that to say they could be following the same pattern this year. All speculation of course.

JS”

If memory serves correctly, Tatum ended up debuting the 36 in warmups before changing back into the 34 for the actual game. I know Jeff Green technically wore them first but the high res and detailed pics came from Tatum in warmups back in May of 2021. I say that to say they could be following the same pattern this year. All speculation of course.

JS”

Satou Sabally debuted them actually.

Well at least we know these are the 37s. They definitely look like a Why Not.
Don't see myself doing the turn on these but I'll fully own it if it happens.

These look like the next Adidas Dame's or something but whats those black/green joints the trainer in the back has on?

I believe they’re an unreleased cw of GT Jumps not 100% sure thkugh

Nope. Kembas old 34s

trainer34s.JPG

https://www.nicekicks.com/files/2020/02/lead-kemba-walker-air-jordan-34-pe-3-9.jpg

That outsole is looking like a dead giveaway

Yea that outsole is the tell. I just want to know whats with that heel. It looks like something off a Westbrook shoe.

Was just coming in to say this. Again, I still want to see better quality pics, but there's usually always one huge design cue that ends up being the tell, like the tongue on the 35's and the lace pouch on the 36's. This one certainly looks like it could be that.

Welcomed great question.
Part is knee jerk reaction other part is yes there are some of the old guard who have and will continue to have a hard time accepting modern technology.
For me its hard to say goodbye to one moving onto the next especially if i like the current model.
This is only intensified considering the likelyhood modern models get retro treatment is slim to none. Theres always additional cws id like to see or PEs get Gen release treatment. No different than when i was a kid...
started with 11s 12s come out..WTF IS THIS!?
skipped for Pennys. Got the 13s 14s come out..WTF IS THIS!? Got the 14s 15s leak.. .. ..WTF IS THIS!? So goes the song if that makes sense. Healthy serving of reluctance with a side of denial. 34s had me at first sight 35s eventually won me over 36s looked garbage but that was primarily first cw leak.

Back
Top Bottom