Official Air Max ‘96, Air Max 96 II Thread

Ok, I should've specified - the outsole won't be the same of course! But the technology was basically the same throughout 97-03

Definitely samples and definitely the TN air bag. Looks like its missing the 3M on the top of the white leather around the laces and the tongue is reversed color blocking from the original. The lace loops on the original were solid navy too.

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

rear air units are deff from the TNs
And I was just talking about this in the 180 thread a week ago.there’s no excuse why we don’t have a real retro of this shoe I’ll take the 06’ sample with the tn air unit any day than that ultra sole garbage from 16’

its not like there are many other options available
maybe the midsoles from the upcoming AM tailwinds or the AM2Light will fit
Tailwinds definitely because it doesn’t have that shank plate like the Amp does. Not the most experienced at soleswaping but would love to see if someone else could pull it off if possible.

Tailwinds definitely because it doesn’t have that shank plate like the Amp does. Not the most experienced at soleswaping but would love to see if someone else could pull it off if possible.
its all about the lines on the upper from the previous midsole
you need to find a way to cover up those lines
so that it wont get exposed otherwise it will look ugly as fk

Definitely samples and definitely the TN air bag. Looks like its missing the 3M on the top of the white leather around the laces and the tongue is reversed color blocking from the original. The lace loops on the original were solid navy too.

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg
That back blue leather was vicious

Looks like the air bag for the Tailwind retro may work on an Air Max 96 retro. :nerd:
hopefully someone from Nike will be lurking once they see a sole swap project done on these. Maybe finally that would give them a push to finally get a proper retro of these with NO gimmicks

Sorry for being alil ignorant what do you mean? It’s the same as the tns?

Yeah look at my Original I took and compare it with the Tailwind. The Tailwind air bag has little columns where the tuned column would go where as the original was one smooth area.

Would it even work? I have the Volt tailwind retro that just released and the air bubble is slightly smaller than the OG release and AM96 version. It would warp the look of the arch and the shoe overall honestly.

best thing is to swap it with the midsoles from the 95s, but some peeps are just straight up stubborn and wanna mess up their shoes before they even would listen

Back
Top Bottom