Air Max TL 2.5 ..please help.

So, I was readin'thru threads a few days ago when someone posted a thread askin'heads for choices on all white skips to rock w/some khakis. I own apair of Air Max TL 2.5 SL, white/white, large airway, yum.

Love the skip myself, mostly plain, 90% white, tad of grey, black sole. I figured I'd be a nice guy, post up a pic for dude. Didn't have a pic of mineon the net yet, was bein'lazy & knew I'd seen them on Finishline a few weeks back, figured I'd use that pic, as it was easier than taking myown. When I looked more closely at the skips on Finishline, I realized they weren't the same, altho'they LOOK VERY SIMILAR at a quick glance. Since Iknow what mine look like, I just assumed the ones on Finishline were identical. Those pics are small, just assumed. Fault is mine there. Blah.

The one on Finishline has a mesh upper, while mine are all leather. Aesthetically the design is identical, minus the material switch. So I went upstairs, dugout the box. Realized that mine are labeled SL, and the ones on Finishline aren't SL.
Flame on, Dumb me & all. Eff'is SL? ..solid leather? ..help!
wink.gif

I copped'em in 06, cuz'they where mostly white/fairly simple. Was a Champs at a nearbye mall. The tag look official inside the tongues, I have the boxstill, & bought'em at a brick & mortar retailer. They're real, as far as I know. Anything's possible tho'I guess. Blah.

Someone educate me, please.

There is a difference in style codes between the 2 shoes as well.
Mine is: 314844-111
The one on Finishline w/the mesh is: 318815-111

I attempted to take this to the chat portion of NSDC, & have someone AT Nike fix my ignorance for me, but for w/e reason i couldn't get the chat towork. Says it's unavailable. I might have too old a version of something running. Blah.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

nike makes a lot of shoes with an "SL" version. i'm not sure what it stands for, but it typically replaces mesh with leather.

look at a lot of the shox models, for example (shox monster SL comes to mind).

yours are real, don't worry... just slightly different from the picture you posted.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

nike makes a lot of shoes with an "SL" version. i'm not sure what it stands for, but it typically replaces mesh with leather.

look at a lot of the shox models, for example (shox monster SL comes to mind).

yours are real, don't worry... just slightly different from the picture you posted.
I guess I was just butt hurt/surprised. Even tho'mesh is a dirt magnet, I'd have copped mesh had I been "in the game" at thetime & been up on what was good. I was just bummin'thru shoe stores bored, wasn't plannin'on coppin'gear. Was to preoccupied to be informedat the time. Blah. Saw those, mad simple, boom. Mine are in real good shape, even really limited creasing after 3 years of heavy rotation wear ..but mesh isyummy. Grr. Blah.

Sidenote: Didn't want to make a thread about it, but for anyone who sees this?

..you feel/notice your right shoe out of a pair, crease more/worse ..due to driving? ..bugs me. Blah.

Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom