Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

Happen to be wearing a pair of my 2019 Chicagos today. Not quite the same as OG but still 🔥. They look so good with some sweats. Need the teals to return. Sold my 2011s and skipped the 2015s; it’s time for a rerelease. And some new black/red Pippen 1s while we’re at it. I should’ve bought both of those 2015 releases, but after seven years we need a re-up regardless.

Happen to be wearing a pair of my 2019 Chicagos today. Not quite the same as OG but still 🔥. They look so good with some sweats. Need the teals to return. Sold my 2011s and skipped the 2015s; it’s time for a rerelease. And some new black/red Pippen 1s while we’re at it. I should’ve bought both of those 2015 releases, but after seven years we need a re-up regardless.
But we certainly don't want a crappy rerelease like those of 2011 and 2015 😤...How can we pressure Nike to improve their retros? Impossible task?🤔

But we certainly don't want a crappy rerelease like those of 2011 and 2015 😤...How can we pressure Nike to improve their retros? Impossible task?🤔
Maybe if you start a signature thing, I doubt we'll even get 10,000 signatures but I don't think it takes long to make one.

Maybe we can get lucky and get a lot of people to sign, even people who don't wear Uptempos.

I don't hate the 2011 and 2015 versions like some people do. No, they weren't spectacular or entirely true to the OG, but they still looked dope. I'd be happier if any future retros used nicer leather for the upper, but not gonna hold my breath thinking Nike will do it. The 2011 felt like it had zero cushioning, too, which some people said was improved on the 2015. The 2019 definitely feels much better, even if it's just because of the insole.

Aren’t they releasing OG bubbles on something like an Air max 1? Foreshadowing for future retros is my guess. An easy way to rerelease a sell out shoe not too long after and sell out instantly again. It’s Nike so who the F knows

I don't hate the 2011 and 2015 versions like some people do. No, they weren't spectacular or entirely true to the OG, but they still looked dope. I'd be happier if any future retros used nicer leather for the upper, but not gonna hold my breath thinking Nike will do it. The 2011 felt like it had zero cushioning, too, which some people said was improved on the 2015. The 2019 definitely feels much better, even if it's just because of the insole.
I would say so for the non OG colorways because you don't have a direct comparison term and some of them look OK but the classic colorways if compared to the OGs look like fakes to me...

You could say that about a million different Nike and Jordan retros …
I agree on this.

Community Verified icon

They do need them now but yes Nike should just make them comfortable or at least more comfy.
I'm saying this because I was able to wear to OGs and made comparison to the retros which are utter garbage in terms of comfort. otherwise, I would have bought 3 pairs of 95s by now.

I'm saying this because I was able to wear to OGs and made comparison to the retros which are utter garbage in terms of comfort. otherwise, I would have bought 3 pairs of 95s by now.
For me at this point, I have separate insoles for regular “sneakers” and have comfortable shoes if I want actual comfort. And they aren’t Nikes or Jordan’s that’s for sure.

For me at this point, I have separate insoles for regular “sneakers” and have comfortable shoes if I want actual comfort. And they aren’t Nikes or Jordan’s that’s for sure.
insole is one thing, flexibility and cushion is another. also the material they used surrounding the heel is also rough, like chaffing. they could improve on those as well.

I had the white/black/teal OGs as a kid and loved them… they sold out of the 11’s so I settled for these… then I got the retro around 04 or 05 I remember because I went to flight club when it first opened and then just bought these at footlocker…ended up selling them.. I didn’t like how difficult it was to put on plus didn’t like the look of them wearing casually… I always wanted the obsidian pair but never copped…I have the white black and red pair but currently selling at flight club… copped for a steal to at $60.00 from Foot Action in 2020

These fit so nice and are comfy if you go up a half size and either double insole, or get a good full length zoom insole. My pippens (white black red) pair is super cozy this way.

Back
Top Bottom