Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I just stopped wearing my OG's last year...they held up pretty well over the years
apparently i liked wearing mine a bit too much lol, i'd wear them at least once or twice a week.

Originally Posted by bak ymmij

01/2009 Air Penny 2
333886-061 Black/Black-Varsity Maize-Varsity Red
$135.00

grin.gif
a baconesque color for pennys?

Both are dead on to the originals minus the obvious. They even got the color fading correct inside the air unit.

Stuff like this makes it damn near impossible to stop buying sneakers.

F*&^ it... White/Black (2x), Black/Royal (5x)

I'm also interested to see how these sell overall. Most of the recent retro Nikes have all ended up marked down except for the royal Foamposite One retro.And those and the Penny 2's were the most popular shoes out of the line. Even my girl wants these, and she DOES NOT even wear sneakers like that. But likemost, these were her favorites back when she was in school.

If I had to put money on it, I see these selling out fast in NYC, Chicago, DMV & SF/Bay area (home of the beasts), but ending up marked down everywhereelse.

I was pissed in '07 living on LI I thought I missed out on the GODZILLAS but when I moved to Houston ALL the Basketball retros was marked down crazy and Ijust backtracked and paid less than half for all (barkleys and foams)

so these hit stores on the 27th? I can't wait that damn long. if these hit pys before rd,im copping early
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

i thought the OGs were atlantic blue? did they change the blue?

Most likely. Probably more measures to "respect the OG collectors." Or they lost the dying process for Atlantic Blue and went with a morereadily available color in Varsity Royal.

The Spiridon retros also had a change of colors, too; the OGs were "regal blue" but the retros were "Varsity Royal."
Varsity royallooks like this, which doesn't seem *too* off from Atlantic Blue.
f0d3577c6befc1ed501e8ba565e9161a3c58a8b.jpg

Originally Posted by DeewLay

Nike ships end of August (8/15-8/30), which means it'll be in retailers wherehouses by 9/14/08...and then the distro to retail stores.....

I would say if they indeed ship by end of Aug, you'll probably see them in stores by end of Sept.

seems like thats forever

Sheeesh retro nike hoops is goin hella hard in 08' and im luvin every bit of it. Man my boy Raymal had dez wen I was in lik 2nd or 3rd grade, he styled onme 4 that whole year coppin dez and the blk and royal pair, feels good knowin it'll b sumthin else 2 look foward 2 besides countdown packs

To me a hypebeast is someone who tries to stand out for attention with their clothing.

Whether it be limited expensive clothing or shoes that other's don't have just so they feel they are superior to other's.

Trying to be different for the sake of...

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Their nice, but I'm through buying these shoes around release date even with the eastbay discount. They always show up on ebay cheaper later on. Flight 95's, 96's, Godzillas, etc. All can be found for cheap now. I'm going to have to show some patience on these.

Hopefully there would be enough stock for all of us. I will wait for it to go 40 off until I cop 2 pairs.

Everyone were screaming "retro the blk Penny IIs" for YEAAAARS amd now all of a sudden they're releasing people are asking for the atlantics.Thats crazy.

FLASHBACK
October 96, senior year. I went to school late just so I could be the first to rock Penny's.

I think these will have more then average momentum behind them, I showed a few non-shoehead friends and the response I got was "WOW I had those...got toget them again" "you GOTTA let me know when those come out I loved them" etc etc.

Infectious!!!!!! The Blk/Royals are def a must cop. And to think we almost didn't see these due to some laziness by a fellow NTer
grin.gif
I joke, I kid,thanks to the OP and my mans for the pics.

Back
Top Bottom