Air Pippen II

I would agree, I'd have to believe the originals were comfier. I really wish Nike would give us exact retros that much up to original specs, right down to the larger air bubbles. I mean, it's not like Nike is charging less for the retros. It's either the same amount or more. Having said that, I think they did a solid on the Pippen 1. Nightwing from weartesters said they even made the 2015 better than the 2008, which is rare for Nike these days...
I think we’re all resigned to never getting those air bags back. Wish I would’ve seen his review back then, though. I probably shoulda bought them again.

I think we’re all resigned to never getting those air bags back. Wish I would’ve seen his review back then, though. I probably shoulda bought them again.
I agree, I doubt we will. Then again, maybe Nike will follow suit with Jordan brand and start making the retros with better quality.

I will say, Nike has done a good job with some retros like the Pippen 1, the Gloves, and the Lebron 3s. I don't mind minor things being different, but some things bug me like the minor differences on the Garnett 3s. I know it was due to Garnett no longer being with Nike, but the things they had to change bother me lol. I just with all the originals were still wearable...

I like them because they are a sleek, relatively plain shoe that has that cool midsole as the main design cue that draws your eyes to it. Just a clean shoe.
Exactly. Loved it as a sig shoe that wasn't over the top and was at a good price point for a sig shoe with quality materials and good specs. I mean, the KD5 was $115 or $120 and compared to the Pippen 2 it is garbage and only like $5 less. Nike really needs to stop jerking around and retro the playoff 2s as well as the 3-5. Id buy all of them if they are done right.

With news of Pips Air More Uptempo releasing again this year, I figured I’d dig this thread up...

WTF is up with Nike being unwilling to retro this friggen sneaker? I’d seriously like to lace up a pair in an OG colorway (Specifically the Playoffs) before I’m so old I can’t walk anymore...

There are certainly plenty of More Uptempos around. Our guys at Nike Air Pippen Facebook page want to see the Air Pippens retros, especially the Air Pippen IIs and IIIs.

With news of Pips Air More Uptempo releasing again this year, I figured I’d dig this thread up...

WTF is up with Nike being unwilling to retro this friggen sneaker? I’d seriously like to lace up a pair in an OG colorway (Specifically the Playoffs) before I’m so old I can’t walk anymore...

Literally came out with an ugly purple pair while NEVER retroing the original black playoffs SMH

I missed the retro. Hoping Nike bringing back the classic. Love it. Damn very durable back in the days in the outdoors.

Loved these back in the day but they kind of got outshined compared to other models at the time. Copped the OG retro in like 06 and wore them everywhere :lol: Comfortable af .. they were a solid retro and I waited for the Navy's which never came. 2nd Fav Pippen behind the 1.

I'm not a fan of the More Uptempo rather have the Playoff 2 retro instead. No idea what they do over at NSW, brought back the Penny 5 for no reason :smh:

Point Flights, Dynamic Flights, Maestro 1s, and Pip 2s are some of the most unappreciated sneakers this man has worn. Tired of seeing Pip 1s and More Uptempos and those folks who don’t know, assuming that’s all he wore.

Getting ready to enter 2021...Anybody heard any chatter on this year being the year for a retro? It’s criminal how Nike has ignored this model...Playoff’s have never seen a retro...Let that sink in for a minute...

Going to will this into existence...I’m almost 40 y’all...I don’t have much time left in this hobby of ours and this itch NEEDS to be scratched before I check out...

906EF510-3E87-4DEC-A4E0-ADBD7222F545.jpeg
1F1B3B96-F329-4F8E-8CA1-7F3FCD314BA0.jpeg
F226068F-F4F3-4729-9286-91810782778C.jpeg

Going to will this into existence...I’m almost 40 y’all...I don’t have much time left in this hobby of ours and this itch NEEDS to be scratched before I check out...

I'm 37, from Chicago, and PIP was my favorite player growing up. Still cannot believe they made that atrocious purple pair but have not retroed the iconic playoff colorway. I need these too. Such a sleek, classic, 50s-car inspired beauty.

^
Fam, how u gonna post the same 6 pics multiple times and not post the one in your avy :lol:

This shoe definitely needs to get the retro treatment again but knowing NSW they’ll prob give us a cream colored suede version :smh:

Let me make it simple for NSW if they’re paying attention. Just give us these and don’t get cute with the materials. Hell! you can make any one of the 3 limited just to build hype and go from there.

A02672D5-CA08-45A7-85E2-7477DE019357.jpeg

D32B6895-EE05-4093-82B7-D84A1F791D09.jpeg

B959CE2F-E9AE-4819-950B-E31F225F0A73.jpeg

These are the trilogy right here and need to be released in this order. I am not a big fan of the last pair and if they don't look exactly as pictured, I'll probably pass unless they're readily available. But the first two are a MUST and its unfair that they've slept on these since 06-07. 13 years and this was the number 2 man in the NBA alongside the GOAT. That's just wrong. The blue pair they tried to give us was awful too.

They should lean more into the navy tone (mostly due to the fact that its SUPPOSED to be translucent) and the soles should be BLACK not blue like they did on that stupid 06 pair. I passed with disappointment.

You got time. Mid 40s here. Bought more kicks this year than any year before.

Didn’t these re-release around 04-05? Either that or the originals sat for that long
Yes, and the msrp was $80! I had the white/red and a grey/black pair. They were solid but still got marked down and sat despite the very low msrp.

The 2008. I had two pairs but sold the DS one five years ago because I almost never even wear the first pair because they are like cinder blocks. Skipped the 2015 as they seemed to be built identically to the 08s. I love how that shoe looks but the retros are garbage to wear. And I’m not usually that picky about it, either
Agreed with everything here. The og black red pair is one of my all time favorite sneakers. The retros desperately need the big air bubble. And you are absolutely correct about the comfort lacking. Not only are they uncomfortable, their weight makes it feel like wearing boots.

My question as of late is what can't an air bag like those used on the 720 models be used? Those remind me of the 90s huge air bags.

66CE9358-A316-4D96-AE8D-D051E0D3B394.jpeg

My black/red and white/royal pair are still holding up.
i wouldnt mind a retro but I would have a tough time paying anything over$110.

these were 90 bucks suggested retail in 04. I got them in 05, black for $45, and royal for $70.

Back
Top Bottom