Air Pippen V

Anybody ever have these back in the day??? I been looking for them for years...I read a few reviews on them where they said the shoe was heavy and didn't breathe to well...but I still want to find them just to have in my collection.  The white/black/true red are the colors i'm looking for....

Anybody ever have these? thoughts?details?

Ive been checking for the last 2 years pretty much every week and haven't found any...especially in DS...

I believe these came out in the early 2000's, and were as cheap as $20 on Eastbay :lol:

Honestly, these may have been mostly destroyed/donated to third world countries.

sick.gif

They were part of the MORF system (Multiple Options Replaceable Footwear), the first shoe to utilize was the Zoom GP III, then the Zoom Kidd with that gradient/tie-dye look, and lastly the Pippen V. Yes, they are extremely heavy, don't breathe worth a darn, but incredibly durable and well-cushioned with a heel visible Air-Sole unit and a forefoot Zoom Air unit. The internal chassis had the full-length monkey paws/TPU fingers running the length for support on all three shoes. The only differences were the outside cover. I still have my GP III's; after all this time, the clear strip running down the length of the shoe is yellowed completely. You always knew it was a non-breathable shoe as when you balled in it, the sweat/fogging would cover the strip lol.

It's actually the first pair of kickz I saved my money for as 14 years old...heavy...nothing else. .. but I liked it at the time

Any chance Nike will retro these?  Only bumped because I saw that the Gloves are gonna be retroed...

I have what you are looking for..sort of.  It is true that they were selling these for 20 bucks back in '02.  The thing is, I bought a pair but it was just the skins.  It didnt come with the inside part.  I still have them, never been worn.  I then bought a pair of Kidd II that do have the skin and the inside.  You can put the pippen skin on the Kidds.  Problem is, they Kidds are blue and will clash with the black and white pippens.  I am looking to sell them if you are interested still

A problem with the skins is that over the years, the clear window on the outside side of each skin, yellows, but worse than that, they separate from the skin.....I love these shoes for the style, I wear the inside shoe by itself inside my house, (hey, I'm Asian).....I have about 6 pairs and 6 pairs of additional skins, I'm going to figure out a repair for the skins that will hold up to just casual wear...may lose the clear window, but will still have a pair of shoes (yes, heavy and hot) that always catch people's attention, moreso than the Kidd's, which I have and wear on rainy days because they are quite rubbery. My shoe collection is over 500 pairs.....size 12 and 12.5 , half of them are Jordan's or more unique/desirable reasonably priced shoes......The Pippen V is my favorite shoe, another favorite is the original N'Destruk (Rodman shoe) because of the asssymetrical lacing which 2 of the current Nike offerings have, the HyperChase and another....The retro's of many shoes tend to run small.....

I hope they don't retro them, they'll mess it up, just as the retro of the Payton zoom "The Glove shoe"......and will lower the value on my 5 pairs plus 5-7 pairs of skins (size 12 and 12.5)

Back
Top Bottom