Air Trainer III Medicine Ball now at Pickyourshoes.com

Originally Posted by NTerfromtheD

Horrible colorway
laugh.gif
eek.gif
personal opinions are personal opinions and thats all finewith me. I just cant help notice most of the people hating these are the same ones in love with some rehashed jordan model that is BEYOND ugly or some junkdunk or an limited af1. and once they hear spike lee had these on in DTRT and THOSE were the showcase shoe over the jordan IV white greys, they would changetheir tune.

you said they were ugly. theres no turning back now
laugh.gif
. Keep with thatopinion. I love honest opinions. Trainers are the one true genre out there when shoes are based on their own merits alone.. With that mindset in place, 99% ofthe other shoes out there would not be bought either. But trainers judged so differently.

i'm getting my pair tomorrow but they really OD'ed on the ginger, may have been a multi-cop.
My bo's for the year:
medicines
orange sc's
beet sc's
raider sc's

Sorry for my ignorance, but are these a re-release of one of the original colorways of AT3s? I have never seen an OG of this particular model.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Horrible colorway
laugh.gif
eek.gif
personal opinions are personal opinions and thats all fine with me. I just cant help notice most of the people hating these are the same ones in love with some rehashed jordan model that is BEYOND ugly or some junk dunk or an limited af1. and once they hear spike lee had these on in DTRT and THOSE were the showcase shoe over the jordan IV white greys, they would change their tune.

you said they were ugly. theres no turning back now
laugh.gif
. Keep with that opinion. I love honest opinions. Trainers are the one true genre out there when shoes are based on their own merits alone.. With that mindset in place, 99% of the other shoes out there would not be bought either. But trainers judged so differently.
i agree wally. trainers and runners are appreciated on a different level compared to certain jordans and retro basketball sneakers. something mosthypebeasts or youngsters would not know anything about. it doesnt matter if spike lee or bo jackson wore it in the late 80s. if you like a shoe and/or it hasmeaning to you, you get it regardless of the colorway unless it is a rainbow.
this is my personal opinion and i am sure it pissed off some of the mentioned above. i am not trying to start any flamewars with anyone.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Horrible colorway
laugh.gif
and once they hear spike lee had these on in DTRT
I told someone that a couple of weeks ago, and his attitude totally changed
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wally hit that on the spot...

"Oh... DTRT... oh, oh, did I say 'ugly'? I meant ugly as in hot..."
wink.gif

Great comparison Wally. The larger holes almost make em seem a lil cheap. None the less. I want em but I prefer SC's over these, just my preference but Ihave a feeling I'll end up gettin em anyway

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Horrible colorway
laugh.gif
and once they hear spike lee had these on in DTRT
I told someone that a couple of weeks ago, and his attitude totally changed
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wally hit that on the spot...

"Oh... DTRT... oh, oh, did I say 'ugly'? I meant ugly as in hot..."
wink.gif
Every colorway for a retro he ask me if it's a OG colorway. I showed him the pic without the story, because he does like trainers, and he waslike ehhhhh, they're ok. Then I was like it's a classic colorway, Spike had them on in Do The Right Thing. Right after that they became hot
roll.gif

He's such a hypebeast it's funny
laugh.gif

Picked my pair up yesterday. Inaccurate perforated leather complaint aside, these shoes are sweet. A few stores on Jamaica Ave. have them for $105 if anyone islooking for them. I lol'd that one joker bought out all sizes 9 and up at Moe's, though.

he bought them up to sell? They are barely selling at retail right now. Auctions that start lower like $99.99 are barely selling. Those starting at $79.99barely reach $92-100 when the auctions end.. Is this guy gonna wait a full year to maybe sell these for $160 a piece? After ebay fees, youre looking at a gainof $200-300 bucks.. Sound investment over a one year span? HECK NO.

Heres some photos after a solid 2 days of wear:

one shoe is showing wear on the sides of the toebox, while the other has more wear on the actual toebox.. Typical creasing I would say.
06e352ac48cb68f4ccb7cac8ba9ffdaf0ad1612.jpg
258259f45b643ca7cf8ba79bac0da4354f5928c.jpg

2ff1524367c0c0bff1ccb380048b2b36a08bea9.jpg
1d825524f06e0c05c01b6aa9adf22b3b3cd2a88.jpg

Nothing out of the ordinary.. The midsole paint is really smooth and a testiment of that quality is in the fact that there is no paint chipping (yet).. MostatIIIs see that paint chipping after just hours of wear. Here, well over the 9 hour mark, and they are holding up
pimp.gif

So it seems like you're pretty satisfied about them... *Wally's Seal of Approval*?

I'm still undecided between these or the SC's...
smil3ec1d1bb43792.gif
smil3ec1d1bb43792.gif
smil3ec1d1bb43792.gif

Wally: Your wear testing is very much appreciated. I'm pleasantly surprised that the midsole hasn't cracked thus far. My suspicions were that there wasgoing to be paint chipping galore when I saw them in person. Continue keeping us updated.

Also, I think he did in fact buy them up to resell. I can't fathom any other reason to buy out the most popular sizes. With that said, I am convinced thatthese will sit for a few months because everyone's attention is focused on the SCs, but when the Medicine Balls are all gone, people will really regretsleeping on them.

And SinnerP, you know that the answer is to get both, haha.

I'm saving my money for the orange Bo Jacksons and the beet Bo Jackson SCs. I think the medicine balls are out at sneakerhead.com too, so anyone who missedout on PYS.com, check there if it's still out.

Being a teenager sucks... Only so many hours you can work and paying for gas sucks. Oh well. Thankfully they aren't releasing retro Trainer 2s out thisyear. As in the 3/4 cut Air Trainer 2 originals. Hopefully next year they'll come!

Wally how many of the 09's did you get? I am thinking of getting one more pair. These are so sick. I might just have to pull the trigger again.

Thanks for the wear photos Wally. I am seeing the same things on mine.
Do people know when the SC's are really coming out? Limited?

I just got mine in earlier this week and I gotta say I'm not in love with them but I am pleasantly surprised. The quality is a little better than the restof the ATIII's from this year but still not at the level of retros before that. Still these will get plenty of wear in my rotation

How's the resale value for AT3s these days?? I have a whole collection of older colourways I might want to unload.

Originally Posted by n 9i0k5 e

How's the resale value for AT3s these days?? I have a whole collection of older colourways I might want to unload.
They're about $40-50 for the old ones. The new ones are where its at.
pimp.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Ugly!!! Look like Doo doo!

laugh.gif
Agreed

All the pictures I've seen in person and on NT makes me not want to get them even more

They all look like they are made of paper thin leather.

These are def. better in person than in pics. I'm glad I got a pair, cause I'm not seeing these anywhere right now, but I might have to cop a secondpair if I can.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

These are def. better in person than in pics. I'm glad I got a pair, cause I'm not seeing these anywhere right now, but I might have to cop a second pair if I can.
Agreed they are def better in person, bought mine last week but I am not copping another pair, 1 is good enough for me. All my sneaks I wear sinceI only wear them on wkeds. No need to have shoes on ice since shoes do not hold their value no more. All shoes I get I only get one pair and wear the helloutta them. If they get dirty oh well I will just put on another pair, but buying 2 pair of the same shoe at the same time makes no sense to me.

I went ahead and picked up a pair today. Didn't want to wait, and then be SOL, regretting I didn't buy them when I had the chance.

I got a 10, thought about a 10.5, but I'm used to the break in period with trainers. I'd rather put up with a little pain to get less creasing.

Back
Top Bottom