Air Zoom BB NXT - $180 - July 25

The Nike Air Zoom BB NXT releases in the black and green ‘Dangerous’ colorway July 2 in Greater China and July 25 in North America. The white ‘Rawthentic’ colorway releases in North America in September.

1592851685508.jpeg

1592851699985.jpeg

I am glad that they removed the zoom^3 algebraic equation from the side of the shoe. Looks like a beast for bball. I am definitely interested.

Nice! Looks really good.

It reminds me of the Kyrie 3s but with a MUCH better cushioning setup. Those Kyries were BRICKS, like my feet would hurt after every game:rofl:

I just don’t understand why most people would need or want that much react foam. The KD11 had an awesome mix of Zoom with react - great impact protection, nice bounce back from the cushioning, good court feel, and not tippy (not so high off the ground). I don’t want or need my hoop shoes to look and feel like some bloated Hoka running shoes.

i dont know if "most" want that much foam, i mean the thread has 2 pages and the second page is pretty much just hi-res pics :lol:

so i am not sure the demand is quite there but nikes got to make different products with their different techs even if it seems to cater to even the most niche of markets

my old, washed knees would definitely love the cushion :lol:

^^^I know that was only 1 review video, but he did confirm my fear of them being too high off the ground and lack of stability.

I love these. They're fire.

But I can't hoop in em or I'll be out on the break callin for the ball like

a8c2c7470576156691495c11474465d3.jpg

These look too high off the ground, like a Lebron.

Probable no bueno for my flat feet if they are tippy.

I dunno why I would cop tho, I’m probably retired from ball 🙁

These look too high off the ground, like a Lebron.

Probable no bueno for my flat feet if they are tippy.

I dunno why I would cop tho, I’m probably retired from ball 🙁

These look fantastic. Would definitely want to try them on. I bet they would be a really comfortable casual shoe.

Hey QU!K QU!K , don't feel bad about not playing. I'm turning 44 in September and I have accepted that I'm not playing competitive games anymore. Just not going to risk getting a bad injury. Last 4 years, I would play in my church's over-35 3-on-3 tourney (though I sat out this year due to being out on disability). Every year one of our 4 would get seriously hurt. Once was a torn ACL. Next was a ruptured achilles! Then a torn calf and this year, an elbow. All 4 couldn't finish each year's tourney. Thankfully we had 4 guys so we were okay.

But I'm not about that anymore. Playing against kids in the early 20s who don't care if they get hurt, is NOT for me anymore! Especially when your almost double their age. I get hurt bad, I'm out of work for possibly months. Can't risk that. It's only solo shooting around outside for me.

So I retired from bball, so I went back to tennis! Played from age 12 to my late 20s then I stopped when my playing buddy moved. I got real good too. So I picked that back up and it feels like I haven't missed a beat! Really can't get hurt too bad other than a sprained ankle. And I love the sport! So much fun!

These would serve that purpose of just shooting around very well as well as a shoe to just use to walk around the neighborhood! If it's a soft as they say, I may be swayed! 👍

Damm, there really seems to be a running shoe's inspiration with the cushioning and for me, coming from playing pick-up games for a few years until I switched to running, this is a huge deal for someone like me. Maybe it's just me, but when I got into running and looked at/tried on/ran in many Nike running shoes, the cushioning is tuned so much better than basketball shoes. I've done some shootarounds in the Epic React and a few other running shoes during my breaks at work a few years ago, and they felt better than any basketball shoe I used to play in. I know; pretty shocking!

I'm really curious if these indeed do feel like a running shoe, 'cause I'd love that. Too bad I barely play ball now :frown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom