airbnb.com?? NYC bed and breakfast spots...anyone stay at one before??

was looking into hostels for this weekend because we were supposed to be staying w/ friends at Westfield, NJ but that fell through

while looking at the possibility of staying at a hostel for cheap i looked into bed and breakfast on airbnb.com

mostly people subletting a room at their apartment for a short period of time for cheap

I haven't used, and they had a huge PR blunder back in the summer, but I do plan on using it for international travel next May. Great alternative to hostels/hotels.

I used it one time before I moved to NY. It was like $80 a night for a full 1 BR apartment to myself...it was located right next to Prospect Park in Brooklyn...pretty solid deal I'd say considering you got the whole place to yourself.

The one thing to keep in mind is that a lot of those places are actually booked, you'll send out a bunch of messages to ppl inquiring, and a majority of them end up coming back and saying the room/apartment is already booked, etc. and not available.

But overall, if you can find a place, go for it, it can be a great alternative to a hotel and give you a more NY feel to your stay.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

I used it one time before I moved to NY. It was like $80 a night for a full 1 BR apartment to myself...it was located right next to Prospect Park in Brooklyn...pretty solid deal I'd say considering you got the whole place to yourself.

The one thing to keep in mind is that a lot of those places are actually booked, you'll send out a bunch of messages to ppl inquiring, and a majority of them end up coming back and saying the room/apartment is already booked, etc. and not available.

But overall, if you can find a place, go for it, it can be a great alternative to a hotel and give you a more NY feel to your stay.

thats dope as hell. i wanna take a trip to NYC next month. this just may be the deal i was looking for.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

thats dope as hell. i wanna take a trip to NYC next month. this just may be the deal i was looking for.
pimp.gif
Just a forewarning, you'll definitely want to start looking for a place to stay on their now, they get booked up well in advance.  Good luck.

Used airbnb last month when I went to SF. It worked out great, me and my girl had the whole apartment to outselves. I will use it again.

I'LL BE TOO AFRAID IF THIS...

bed-bug-mattress.jpg

YEA BIG POSH HOTELS HAVE EM BUT SOMEONES CRIB HAS A HIGHER PROBABILITY OF HAVING THEM THAN HOTELS...BUT THEN AGAIN HOTELS GET 100X MORE GUESTS A NIGHT????

Spoiler [+]
philosoraptor.jpg

i did this 2 months ago and stayed in a 4 BR apartment in Manhattan [E. 53rd and 3rd ave]. The place was dope and a lot cheaper than staying in a regular hotel [1 BR 2 queen beds]. The pick up spot was totally legit [open til like 12am if you come up with any questions]. Free wifi, full kitchen and tv in the living room. I will definitely try to do it again when I'm out in NY.

The bed bugs dilemma is really common in NY right now even in the well known hotels. Walked by a few and they posted big signs warning consumers about em.

Back
Top Bottom