AJ II Union x April 15, 2022

What model would you like to see Union do next?

• III

Votes: 54 48.2%
  • V

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • VI

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • VII

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • VIII

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • IX

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • X

• XI

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • XII

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

• Total voters
1650917321912.png

Since Union hasn't shipped out pairs from the drop yet, is it safe to assume that most of the pairs on GOAT/Stock X are fakes?

I get that there is a lot of backdooring going on but it can't be that much or is it?

Prices have plummeted so im thinking of taking the leap but if people are still waiting on pairs than how are the reselling platforms filled with them?

The EU SNKRS and boutique release was this past weekend and that's driving the prices down. Few of the EU youtubers have reviews up.

Thanks for posting the Union info/apology. Still got that $255 charge on my card! I guess I'll give it a few more days...

Dang.....Elliot popped my bubble for these! LOL He told no lies though.....they are not all that premium but I want to spend my money on them for the CW (I love the grey and blue with the little hits of yellow). For a premium AJ2 at the same price point, it looks like AMM will provide that. I wish JB had some kind of trust in that a dope CW would sell the shoe and not it having to be a collab, but unfortunately most people would probably have slept on these if they were not Unions (I would have definitely copped because of the CW and I actually like 2s on my feet, though I prefer 2s that have quilted,/puffy/not smooth outer ankle collars).

Dang.....Elliot popped my bubble for these! LOL He told no lies though.....they are not all that premium but I want to spend my money on them for the CW (I love the grey and blue with the little hits of yellow). For a premium AJ2 at the same price point, it looks like AMM will provide that. I wish JB had some kind of trust in that a dope CW would sell the shoe and not it having to be a collab, but unfortunately most people would probably have slept on these if they were not Unions (I would have definitely copped because of the CW and I actually like 2s on my feet, though I prefer 2s that have quilted,/puffy/not smooth outer ankle collars).
Do people really care about j2? They were sitting in outlets for past releases. Mj bout to leave Nike cuz of this shoe until tinker saved Nike n revived the Jordan shoe name

Do people really care about j2? They were sitting in outlets for past releases. Mj bout to leave Nike cuz of this shoe until tinker saved Nike n revived the Jordan shoe name
Everybody keeps bringing that up, but it does not negate the fact that there are some people like myself (we might be very few but we are out here) that actually likes 2s. Put a dope CW on them and they would not be (what a good amount of people seem to think) one of the ugliest models in the JB lineup (IMO anyway). Are they unpopular to most? Sure, but the ugliest? I do not think so.

Last edited:

Same here. The colorway is nice and the video sold me

Every. Single. Air. Jordan. Has. Sat. In. Outlets.

and Lucky13s Lucky13s literally just said he found an email from Union saying he won the grey fogs. There were a few in here that said they won for either color too. But the amount of in-store W's has dropped significantly compared from the first Off-Noir and Guava 4 release.

WELP. Gibbs Gang We Need Your Imput.
C2875FBF-65F3-4A8A-80AD-7AF49D3E33B5.png
My instant reaction is, it isn’t shady cats working the line in the Memphis warehouse taking bribes to send these “A-List” resellers what would essentially amount to stolen goods.

It’s Nike. It’s part of the internal marketing plan. It’s Nike seeding loads of pairs behind the scenes to resellers to drive hype, prices, and perceptions of scarcity and value. It’s an ongoing, long-game brand-building tactic it will never acknowledge due to the backlash it would receive.

These limited-release products aren’t as much about making money on these one-off releases as they are halo products intended to keep the brand in the news, on everyone’s lips, and propping up the brand overall across all of its products and ongoing, more mainstream releases.

It’s plain as day, and we’re seeing it unfold in real time with the IIs: All these collabs and hype leading up to what will be, relatively speaking, a GR release this fall of the actual OG IIs. These tactics have literally just made one of the most unloved, throw-away signature Js—for DECADES—an instant sellout come October. Social media and the new hype culture have changed everything. And these people in Oregon are brilliant at exploiting it.

They publicly act like oh geez, this isn’t what WE want. BS. None of this is happening by accident or off the books by some rogues in a warehouse or factory. Benjamin Kicks practically just admitted it in that post, if you can even remotely read between the lines.

Nike came first and then Jordan Brand followed. They know how to market a product, create demand and then manipulate said market to their advantage.

While I’m sure folks at Nike have a sense of what’s going on and clearly haven’t stopped it although they’ve tried, its not “on purpose”. Folks just learned how to exploit the system. The benkicks of the world are getting allocated stock as if they had an account. and Memphis is still delivering stock weeks after release.

Sound like a conspiracy theory but it’s been happening for years and will more than likely continue you too unless Nike change how orders get placed and how shoes get distributed.

With everything above that was said

marcus really was telling the truth abt the memphis guys backdooring his shoes before he got em?

With everything above that was said

marcus really was telling the truth abt the memphis guys backdooring his shoes before he got em?

Absolutely but I personally think he’s just mad that he didn’t get to set the market because they backdoored too. A lot of If not most of the Nike distributor pairs have no blue laces either.

Y’all would rather believe everything is a rep than recognize all tier 0/boutiques just backdoor the majority of their stock for releases like this? The size 11 grey fogs sold out in less than minute but somehow the “market” on them is falling. How do y’all think that’s happening? 😂 Just cause you don’t know the release date doesn’t mean it’s not for sale.

Btw, look for bold text on the union tag. Bold text = fake. He’s annoying but the pairs in ben kicks’ photos are legit
Great point. But it's also bc these are underwhelming (see: garbage 🗑). 😅

Back
Top Bottom