Votes: 32 24.2%
  • Georgetown (2021)

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Racer Blue (2021)

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wizards (2023)

Votes: 38 28.8%

• Total voters
So when were all these situations with players taking place? It certainly was not in front of NBA game cameras. I cannot verify how many practices he participated in. Nobody really can. Maybe missed a few due to the several times he got his knees drained the last few years he played, just to make game time. Today it seems that its easy to knock him for his treatment back then. Again, I am not saying he was a good guy type at all. What I am saying is if your the best to ever do it, and still going harder than everyone else, you may be a little pissed about it.
It’s a couple of Podcasts featuring Richard Hamilton, Jerry stackhouse, and Christian Laettner that briefly touched on the subject in the past couple of years I listened to on Youtube where you can tell the hosts doesn’t want to go into it too much to not kill a possible future MJ interview. The lastest JJ Redick wanted no part of talking bad about MJ😂😂 he changed the subject every time Oakley told a bad MJ story.

But without being said, you have to dig for the info. ESPN and NBA will never advertise anything talking negative about Magic or MJ

That last link is the most asked question on most of the podcasts. “Why didn’t y’all want to chip in on MJs retirement gift”…..Pretty much sums up how the Wizards organization/players thought about him.

Last edited:
I will never downplay their stories individually. Those three all have their own perspectives of that period of time. But none of those three had the ability to carry any franchise at all. All good players no question. I know Rip has the chip in Detroit. To me it seems there are just guys out there still pissed off. MJ is always gonna get "the treatment" no matter where he would have gone. It is easy to spew nowadays knowing there is no consequence from the man himself.

When someone has the courage to make that Jordan Documentary about his time with the Wizards we all going to be watching like
1662427029008.gif

They could spend a whole hour on his relationship with the 18 year old Kwame Brown.

All part of the “MJ” wiz story that media flipped. MJ was not practicing, had a separate locker room, and received special treatment his whole time with the wizards. How would you feel if you practicing and someone doesn’t and then shows up to the game then Throws you under the bus?

MJ took no accountability and you can figure from the last dance doc how Hard MJ rides his teammates. According to MJ none of his ever teammates work hard. It’s one thing being at practice everyday pushing people to work harder than yourself by example but 40 year old MJ wasn’t putting in that type of work and still killing teammates
I find it hard to believe he wasn't practicing everyday. The only thing may have been because of his knees. But to Blame MJ for Kwame Brown is a joke. He was just trying to turn him into a man and saw he had god gifted talent but refused to work hard to refine it. That pissed MJ off more than anything. Yes MJ had talent but he busted his *** to become the player he was, and to see some soft *** mother fer throwing his talent away was too much for him to handle especially since he drafted him.

I find it hard to believe he wasn't practicing everyday. The only thing may have been because of his knees. But to Blame MJ for Kwame Brown is a joke. He was just trying to turn him into a man and saw he had god gifted talent but refused to work hard to refine it. That pissed MJ off more than anything. Yes MJ had talent but he busted his *** to become the player he was, and to see some soft *** mother fer throwing his talent away was too much for him to handle especially since he drafted him.
Not saying MJ caused Kwame to be a bust.

Kwame has a podcast and has openly discussed that he was 18 and looked up to MJ as Legend/mentor/father figure. He goes over the pressure he had playing for his idol. MJ wasn’t too friendly once Kwame wasn’t producing top pick #s.

MJ would give Kwame nicknames that had homophobic slurs, would cuss him out on the daily in front of the team, and would physically hit him in the chest.. Kwame said his relationship with MJ affected his relationship with others and is currently in counseling.

Like I said the info is out there and every player eventually sits down on some sort of interview and is questioned about how was it like playing with MJ. I listen to sport podcasts daily and as a MJ fan I listen to anything that has his name attached.

STL Blues

So... does that make these OGs?

Anyway I want these more than Fire Reds, NA be damned.
NA is overrated honestly.

Back logos are just design choices. Idc about small design changes to original things considering that a lot of new colorways are really just small variations of the OGs anyway. What if I like my White cement 3s with an icy sole? What if I think the tongue logo should match the heel logo? Really the NA shouldn’t be a big deal to you unless you grew up with the OG models.

And tbh I think Jumpman heels can only increase in value as time goes on. I mean if Js are collectible things, and Nike forever stops putting Jumpman heels on OG colorways… rarity can only make things go up in value

I’ve come to terms with the Jumpman logo over the years…Absolutely hated it in my younger days though…

My one caveat is that OG colorways that originally released with the NA need to have it on the retro’s as well…I’m not kicking a dope retro+ colorway to the curb because it doesn’t have a NA on the heel…

Not saying MJ caused Kwame to be a bust.

Kwame has a podcast and has openly discussed that he was 18 and looked up to MJ as Legend/mentor/father figure. He goes over the pressure he had playing for his idol. MJ wasn’t too friendly once Kwame wasn’t producing top pick #s.

MJ would give Kwame nicknames that had homophobic slurs, would cuss him out on the daily in front of the team, and would physically hit him in the chest.. Kwame said his relationship with MJ affected his relationship with others and is currently in counseling.

Like I said the info is out there and every player eventually sits down on some sort of interview and is questioned about how was it like playing with MJ. I listen to sport podcasts daily and as a MJ fan I listen to anything that has his name attached.
In other words, Kwame was SOFT AF

The only shoe I own that he played in as a Wizard is the Copper 17. I have two pairs of those. Mostly because that is what was on his feet when I got to see him in person play. I would love to have a pair of these for sure. A lot of people thought it was badass that he wore the Chicago 1 in 1998. I thought the same when he was wearing 3s a few years later.

He avg 20 ppg post 40, that's nothing to sneeze at

This…

He had 8, 40+ point games in those two years, one of which he went off for 51…He gets a bunch of hate for those two seasons but he had a perineal sub .500 team in playoff contention just by being on the floor…All at ages of 38-40, and after having taken three years off…

I wish he would have signed with the Lakers, imagine Kobe and Jordan on the same team. I understand he was President of Operations for the Wizards.

I wish he would have signed with the Lakers, imagine Kobe and Jordan on the same team. I understand he was President of Operations for the Wizards.
Their competitiveness would have spewed over on each other that may have ended up in a negative. Plus, there is only one basketball on the court. :lol: Its cool to think about though. Unless you were Shaq.

NA is overrated honestly.

Back logos are just design choices. Idc about small design changes to original things considering that a lot of new colorways are really just small variations of the OGs anyway. What if I like my White cement 3s with an icy sole? What if I think the tongue logo should match the heel logo? Really the NA shouldn’t be a big deal to you unless you grew up with the OG models.

And tbh I think Jumpman heels can only increase in value as time goes on. I mean if Js are collectible things, and Nike forever stops putting Jumpman heels on OG colorways… rarity can only make things go up in value
this is one of the worst takes on this site ever.

welcome to NT.

When someone has the courage to make that Jordan Documentary about his time with the Wizards we all going to be watching like
1662427029008.gif

They could spend a whole hour on his relationship with the 18 year old Kwame Brown.
There was a guy on NT who posted back in 2002 that he happened to be at the barber shop where Kwame would go to, and he said that Kwame was going off about how much he hated MJ. 😂

this is one of the worst takes on this site ever.

welcome to NT.
It’s funny how these days if you see an OG retro with NA you know it probably came out recently but any OG colorway with the Jumpman is actually a vintage pair from 10+ years ago.

I know I’m right at least about the collector’s value of Jumpman heels. There’s inevitably gonna be a point where Jumpman heels on OG colorways become so rare they’ll be sought after. I mean if they’re discontinued then it literally cannot go any other way lol

It’s funny how these days if you see an OG retro with NA you know it probably came out recently but any OG colorway with the Jumpman is actually a vintage pair from 10+ years ago.

I know I’m right at least about the collector’s value of Jumpman heels. There’s inevitably gonna be a point where Jumpman heels on OG colorways become so rare they’ll be sought after. I mean if they’re discontinued then it literally cannot go any other way lol
I couldn’t care less how rare Jordan’s with a jumpman on the heel become. I will choose an original colorway with NA on the back over one with a jumpman 10 times outta 10.

Back
Top Bottom