AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?

I completely agree. Also Kentuckys even if the UNCs are doing a good job to hold me over
doesnt even have to be an OG colorway at this time, i would take black/purple with the royal color blocking and many other colorways in that fashion and also in white based colors as well. the amount of 1s they could produce that i would cop is pretty high but they have to be highs and have a blank heel, the nike air isnt a deal breaker just the stupid jumpman on the heel

I completely agree. Also Kentuckys even if the UNCs are doing a good job to hold me over
doesnt even have to be an OG colorway at this time, i would take black/purple with the royal color blocking and many other colorways in that fashion and also in white based colors as well. the amount of 1s they could produce that i would cop is pretty high but they have to be highs and have a blank heel, the nike air isnt a deal breaker just the stupid jumpman on the heel

YES!

Jump man on the tongue is whatever. There's supposed to be something on the tongue

Some new additions to the family.

when im making big money i will have an 85 collection for sure but for now ill take what i have and wear them into the ground. pleased with the quality that the OG 1s are getting now.

Been gone for a while but I'm back with an amazing pick up after being away in Japan. Acquired 1985 Black Toe I's. IMO the top 5 hardest non sample I's to obtain.

Their was some talk about how the ankle collar paint doesn't crack and it is true. It seemed like they used some type of paint they would use on roofs or something. It's not paint thats for sure.

I can finally say that I have completed the non metallic highs series, 9 out of 9 completed.

IG - @dunksrnice

@dunksrnice  wasnt ur name "ducky" with the same username over on ISS. lol i think i remember you. and a few other instances that happened with you lol. from when u first got there. wont bother say them thats old news. 

your collection has gotten 100X better man. its really nothing short of insane to be honest. 

Last edited:
^Thanks guys!

@dunksrnice
 wasnt ur name "ducky" with the same username over on ISS. lol i think i remember you. and a few other instances that happened with you lol. from when u first got there. wont bother say them thats old news. 

your collection has gotten 100X better man. its really nothing short of insane to be honest. 
Thanks my homie Johnny from Philadelphia actually. My name has always been dunksrnice haha.

Finally got a pair of 1985 Black & Red AJKO's. I was waiting for a good pair to pop up.

Bonus. 17 out of 20. Only missing 3 from every original Jordan I/AJKO's released in 1985.
The three missing are;
White/Metallic Orange
White/Metallic Maroon
White/Grey Lows

This isn't including the samples/scrapped top of my head right now;
- White/Grey AJKO's
- White/Red AJKO's
- White/Blue AJKO's.
- Huskies/Lakers Colorway. These were in a magazine and the owner is in Europe if he still owns them. Rumored to only be two that existed? He had his pair restored.
- Black/Gold Colorway. Many fakes and different alternative colorways but Boon magazine has the real photo. All patent leather upper highs and gold swoosh with the black midsole.
White/Red Lows No photo has ever surfaced of any one actually owning or having them. I know pages 1 - 10 on this thread talked about it and until it has surfaced the internet, I don't believe it's true. I know ISS/************* Magazine has a pair photo (photoshopped?). Also it could of been a sample and thrown away or locked in the vault that can't be shown.

IG - @dunksrnice

Finally got a pair of 1985 Black & Red AJKO's. I was waiting for a good pair to pop up.

Bonus. 17 out of 20. Only missing 3 from every original Jordan I/AJKO's released in 1985.
The three missing are;
White/Metallic Orange
White/Metallic Maroon
White/Grey Lows

This isn't including the samples/scrapped top of my head right now;
- White/Grey AJKO's
- White/Red AJKO's
- White/Blue AJKO's.
- Huskies/Lakers Colorway. These were in a magazine and the owner is in Europe if he still owns them. Rumored to only be two that existed? He had his pair restored.
- Black/Gold Colorway. Many fakes and different alternative colorways but Boon magazine has the real photo. All patent leather upper highs and gold swoosh with the black midsole.
White/Red Lows No photo has ever surfaced of any one actually owning or having them. I know pages 1 - 10 on this thread talked about it and until it has surfaced the internet, I don't believe it's true. I know ISS/************* Magazine has a pair photo (photoshopped?). Also it could of been a sample and thrown away or locked in the vault that can't be shown.

IG - @dunksrnice
Damn pare how did u get all that especially the kentucky's, black toes and AJKOs? Which non metallics were the most hardest to get? You are the OG 1 god IMO and proud a  fellow filipino owns this collection

These are my one and only OG 1s so far. its so hard to find pairs that are in good condition and I lucked out on these on eBay for a steal price. No heel drag, 100% stars.

chean87 - Thanks man! For the three colorways your asking, it just took time and finding the person to actually sell them. As for everything else, ebay, local meet ups, and again time. The hardest metallics for me was the metallic purple, metallic blue lows and metallic greens. All the 1's I acquired all have a really cool story to it but those 3 i listed are the most interesting and coolest stories I have.

Very clean pair of Black & White I's. Those were the 3rd to last to completing the non metallic series and I'm not sure why, but Kentucky's, black and white, & black toes are the hardest to get.

--

From WDYWT

02.17.16 1985 Metallic Black & White I's.
Happy 53rd Birthday MJ! Took a photo of 53 original colorway Jordan's.

IG - @dunksrnice

chean87 - Thanks man! For the three colorways your asking, it just took time and finding the person to actually sell them. As for everything else, ebay, local meet ups, and again time. The hardest metallics for me was the metallic purple, metallic blue lows and metallic greens. All the 1's I acquired all have a really cool story to it but those 3 i listed are the most interesting and coolest stories I have.

Very clean pair of Black & White I's. Those were the 3rd to last to completing the non metallic series and I'm not sure why, but Kentucky's, black and white, & black toes are the hardest to get.
Wow really? then I lucked out on my B/W pair then. Recently I've seen black toes and metallics on eBay but unfortunately they are not my size. I havent't seen any kentucky's for sale ever(these are overdue of a retro).

Im curious, which OG was the most money you had to pay? I would guess black toes and/or kentuckys. I dont think metallics are more desirable than those two.

Last edited:
dunksrnice dunksrnice I have a question. I was always under the impression that there is actually a black metallic from the metallic series but all the pics I've seen including the leaked pic of the upcoming retro in OG form seem to indicate that what I've thought all along to be black may have been Navy? I'm still not all that sure though because the metallic series is mysterious as it is amazing. The maroon metallic pair may be the most rare out of the bunch and is hard to find pics let alone info on. Being that you own pairs including the aforementioned black/navy metallic, what is your take. Is your pair actually black or is a more of a navy hue but has taken up the mantle of black throughout the years. Also have you seen a maroon metallic pair in person?...

dunksrnice dunksrnice I have a question. I was always under the impression that there is actually a black metallic from the metallic series but all the pics I've seen including the leaked pic of the upcoming retro in OG form seem to indicate that what I've thought all along to be black may have been Navy? I'm still not all that sure though because the metallic series is mysterious as it is amazing. The maroon metallic pair may be the most rare out of the bunch and is hard to find pics let alone info on. Being that you own pairs including the aforementioned black/navy metallic, what is your take. Is your pair actually black or is a more of a navy hue but has taken up the mantle of black throughout the years. Also have you seen a maroon metallic pair in person?...

I'll answer your questions best as possible. Regarding the black metallic pair, its more black than navy/dark blue. It does have a slight small tint of blue but its more black in it if that makes sense. But because the shoe came out in 1985, it might of been the paint fading/aging causing to do so i.e oxidation.

For the metallic maroon/burgundy colorway, I have not seen them in person along with the orange metallic. Both which i'm missing. Those two alone are the hardest to obtain. Either very very small pairs in production, got trashed and thrown away etc. I know NTer Sunshining7 has a pair or if he sold them then had. He completed the set so of course they do exist and the homie Dylan_rater on IG owns both and has the set completed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom