AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Aren't the shoes with the "angled" wings that say "NIKE" with the traditional I "wings logo" underneath , Chicagos and not 1s?
Correct... That is the Chicago...

Thing is, the Chicago has a strikingly similar upper as the 1985 Nike Convention... (another note, the Nike Convention has the same mid and outsole as a KO)

Here is my pair of Conventions, picked up on ebay last year for $20 shipped...
tongue.gif

thanks man, hmm so it seems like back then a lot of the shoes were similar in certain aspects and took influence from eachother. Very interesting stuff. hah 20 bucks, man thats a deal.

what about the question about the samples and possible terminator influenced pair?

^ That I will keep off of... But Joerdan can answer it whenever he swings by this thread...

Watch this video though... He touches base on that shoe at the Cinci show...

Thanks a lot man. I hope he comes by, because not a lot of guys swing by this one anymore. But we should be happy that only true guys come through and not a bunch of kids saying stuff like "nice 1s".

Was mix matching parts of pairs (midsoles/ uppers) common back in the 80s?

Are all of those blck/ gold emt pairs real because I know there are a lot of fakes (pics that were on NT too)? There are two variations right (gold collar and black collar)?

more variations of black/gold mets? are there more pics? haha

As seen in the vid, there are a lot of mix matching even today, very cool stuff to see. The thing about 80s shoes is that a lot of them are "naturally" related, or the actual pairs that released have features of other shoes, IE those Conventions you included.

Is the gold collar pair around still? I know that a lot of guys in Japan have serious collections, but they are very modest so the stuff never gets shown. I'd like to see some of that stuff sometime.

*waits for Phase2x to come in here*
nerd.gif
and do tons of explaining to answer elcerrito's questions

elcerrito- Jermaine (Phase2x) has broken that down for me twice before man; as far as all the mixing and matching.

Jerm, Gettinit247 and I always talk about the Nike Air Force 1 as being the main base for everything that came out back in the early to mid 80s. If you look at the AF1 and compare it to the stuff that followed soon after, i.e the Nike Dunk, Legends, Terminators. Very few things changed on them such as: no straps, Sole width, height, toe boxes look a bit different, much narrower cuts etc, but for the most part they stay pretty close to the AF1's main components. Part of the reason why it pisses me off so bad when people knock the oh so very classy AF1; but thats another story. But yes in our eyes it all started out in 1982. After that I don't care what shoe you but next to it, they all have something to do with the AF1. Anyways so we have that down (AF1 the base model). When Jordan finally decided to give Nike a shot for the $2.5 million, 5 year deal. Nike already had the shoes made for that upcoming collection. Jordan had nothing to do with the design of the AJ1, his name was just put to that particular shoe. That's why we believe that so much of that stuff is all over the place. Mix matching and what not. It almost makes me think (Joerdan video) what if what we know today as the AJ1 was infact going to be named Terminator?

^ well that certainly makes me look at the air force 1 in a different light, as i've never really been into the look of them at all (at least not the lows, i bought the highs for my girl once, but the strap coming from the inside bugged me). i've never felt compelled to buy a single pair until recently with those denim ones looking pretty cool.

Those KO samples are SICK! Is the only thing different about them the fact that theres no AJKO/Wings on the side?

thanks a lot serg, proto, and insta (wow on those KO samples, very nice man)..ahha yeah I'll wait for Joer and Jermaine.

Yeah Serg, that's a very interesting point you bring up about Terminators, who knows? haha That's the thing about 1s and older shoes in general; there's always something new to learn even if you think you've seen it all. Great info man.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Those KO samples are SICK! Is the only thing different about them the fact that theres no AJKO/Wings on the side?

I'll post the comparison pics but I just need to find them

Edit... *How do I add a spoiler?

25jjbea.jpg

28a7p6h.jpg

155jnfs.jpg

ta4o4h.jpg

bjh55y.jpg

Wow very nice... Always cool to see the sellers pics and stuff too...

Yeah I can see a different stitch pattern on the midsole maybe, but definitely no logo on the wing, a red inner collar instead of black, different stitch pattern with the white thread going over the check, no white thread stitched through the lace stays coming from the black piping right under the wing and lastly, from what I can tell, an entirely different pull tab on the heal...

Great post! I had forgotten all about those!!!

EDIT! I love that paper background the seller used too...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sunshining7

he is from France not belgium !!
Oops... Sorry, I had no idea... Someone told me that... I will correct that right now...

Edit: I guess his video being on sneakers.FR should have been the dead give away to me, right?
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Phase2x

That Elton John SMU pair he has is just crazy...Wow.

-Jermaine
which cw jermaine? check out the question I asked about Terminator 1s a page or so back...thanks for that Jwdan, wow

OPIUM
Picture-3.png

^ Nice.... Looks like Sun's setup...

Pretty sure this below is Greg Street's pair... From the Sneaker Friends meet...

IMG_4031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom