alabama man on death row for 28 years freed.

(CNN)Anthony Ray Hinton is thankful to be free after nearly 30 years on Alabama's death row for murders he says he didn't commit.

And incredulous that it took so long.

Hinton, 58, looked up, took in the sunshine and thanked God and his lawyers Friday morning outside the county jail in Birmingham, minutes after taking his first steps as a free man since 1985.

He spoke of unjustly losing three decades of his life, under fear of execution, for something he didn't do.

"All they had to do was to test the gun, but when you think you're high and mighty and you're above the law, you don't have to answer to nobody," Hinton told reporters.

"But I've got news for you -- everybody that played a part in sending me to death row, you will answer to God."

View media item 1477402
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/04/alabama-death-row-anthony-ray-hilton

30 YEARS SMDH

Seriously starting to question the sanity of religious fanatics. 30 years for something you didn't do & dude will probably chalk it up as god teaching him a lesson. God can kick rocks

Seriously starting to question the sanity of religious fanatics. 30 years for something you didn't do & dude will probably chalk it up as god teaching him a lesson. God can kick rocks
So you question his beliefs that kept him going for years but not the justice system?

Last edited by a moderator:
N they would tell u that God got em through all the time in jail n led to eventually getting em out ...let ppl believe what they want

N they would tell u that God got em through all the time in jail n led to eventually getting em out ...let ppl believe what they want

Exactly. & let's not turn this thread into something it isn't.
Kudos to dude tho. I know damn well I'd be one sour as ***** if I got anything less then 5 mill an a 'police don't **** wit me 4 life' pass.

Dude probably doesn't even want money, he's probably happy as hell breathing fresh air and getting to see his family.

X million isn't giving him those years of his life back.

So you question his beliefs that kept him going for years but not the justice system?

Lets deflect the real issue and bold what really doesn't matter

Exactly. & let's not turn this thread into something it isn't.
Kudos to dude tho. I know damn well I'd be one sour as ***** if I got anything less then 5 mill an a 'police don't **** wit me 4 life' pass.

The bait was in the title :smh:

Dude probably doesn't even want money, he's probably happy as hell breathing fresh air and getting to see his family.

Yeah but if you had a choice of getting money or not getting money, you wouldn't take the money?

I always said people like this should get a cost of living free card. He should never have to pay for shelter, transportation, food, clothing

I know that God exists and for you to sit there behind your computer and say something like that is more cowardice and offensive than any racial slur in the book.

Show some respect.

I know that God exists and for you to sit there behind your computer and say something like that is more cowardice and offensive than any racial slur in the book.

Show some respect.

False

Yeah but if you had a choice of getting money or not getting money, you wouldn't take the money?

Sure, I'll take the money but that's not going to just magically make me forget I just sat in a cell for 3 decades for something I didn't do.

There is no compensation great enough for crap like this.

He certainly deserves to be compensated, and I'm sure he will be, but I don't think money is on this guys mind right now.

I know that God exists

LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom