Albert Pujols And The Race to 73

laugh.gif

Before about 1:10 today, I had it in my mind that Matt Kemp would dethrone Pujols as National League MVP. Then, he hit a 420 foot bomb into wildKYcat's lap and reality set back in.

Man, Pujols is a beast. Garrett Jones hits two home runs for the Pirates today.
laugh.gif

If the game was tied, in the bottom of the ninth and the bases were loaded, I would walk him. 

I'd rather lose by 1 then lose by 4. 

When are pitchers going to learn?  DON'T PITCH to Albert. 
smh.gif

yea the guy is sick...im glad we get to see him play in our era....ive read a willie mays book and now reading a dimaggio and in the back of my mind i always thought people back in the day were lucky to witness legends like that so i appreciate everything albert is doing

In my opinion, Pujols is one of the is first guys to come up to the bigs already using PEDs. That means there's no PED spike in his stats or before and after pics, which allows Pujols to fly under the radar of suspicion. Hopefully he's learned to be careful not to leave anything linking him to PED use (i.e paper trail or witnesses). Although he's Bonds-like at the plate, I just don't see how Pujols could ever hit 73 given level of scrutiny of PEDs in the game now and the fact that he doesn't possess once-in-a-generation power. It sounds strange, but Pujols doesn't have power to all fields. Essentially all of his homers are pulls, check www.hittrackeronline.com. I doubt he ever hits 60 in a season.

Nobody in the game today has a good shot at reaching 73. The only guys who even have an outside shot are Ryan Howard and possibly Prince Fielder and Justin Upton. Ryan Howard's chart on www.hittrackeronline.com is simply amazing.

Back
Top Bottom