Alcohol dosent cause weight gain

OP was drunk when he typed that. Thought he was in front of his imaginary committee giving an oral defence of his imaginary dissertation.

pimp.gif
 great post OP, I appreciate you sharing your findings.  I quit drinking beer two months ago and started drinking captain and coke zero, usually two nights a week.  I miss beer, but not the carbs that go with it.  

Yes it does.

Alcohol (specifically ethanol) is poisonous to our bodies.  To save itself the body changes it into fat. Bio 101...

Alcohol has a lot of carbs that eventually get metabolized into fat cells, but at the same time it is a diuretic that eliminates water (which is a cause for a lot of weight gain). You are better off drinking alcohol any day over coke.

:pimp:  great post OP, I appreciate you sharing your findings.  I quit drinking beer two months ago and started drinking captain and coke zero, usually two nights a week.  I miss beer, but not the carbs that go with it.  

No problem. I drink 5,000-10,000 supposed calories of scotch and diet coke a lot and don't gain weight. If I do that with food I'd be 300kg. Same with beer. Make the change n drink away my friend. These uneducated guys commenting don't know

I somewhat agree with the OP. However, the variable he is not counting is activity.

I never drink beer...just liquor with minimal coke as the chaser. On a night out i probably have 5 to 10 drinks. However, i definitely walk a lot, stand, dance, etc from 10 pm to 4 am. That burns a ton ton of.calories. I usually dont get any food at the end of the night

If you just drank and then sat around and watched a movie at home and go to sleep after....those calories would add up.

people forgot calories exist? eat more calories=makes you fat

drinking your calories...

On paper yes. In the real world. No

You're looking at this "through a straw." There is much more to consider with this issue than weight gain(a flawed perspective, body fat levels are better, but don't tell the whole story). Changes in hormone levels, blood markers, nutrient depletion, and organ health must be considered with higher priority. If you look at ethanol metabolism , there are a number of ways that it can lead to problems. Ethanol is metabolized differently than fat, carbs, and protein, but there is a reason for that also. I'd suggest you educate yourself on this before sounding so sure about the lack of negative effects from daily consumption of large amounts of alcohol. There is much more to this topic than calories. A good source for this sort of information would be a medical biochemistry textbook.

I only drink beer and have a beer daily for the most part

I am in pretty decent shape; if you eat right then you are fine but the fat people who have double cheeseburgers and French fries with their alcohol have already lost and it's not like a water or diet soda is gonna change things all that much

OP you should get your facts straight.

You can be skinny and still be in horrible shape, "skinny-fat".

Diet soda is worse/same as regular soda. Your body sees 0 difference between "full blown" Coke and Coke Zero. :lol:

I suggest you go watch the documentary Fed Up (2014), just watched it last week, great doc.

I hate the effect a hard night of drinking has on my body...say I go hard in the gym mon-fri for like 2 weeks....if I drink heavy my gains seem to disappear lol and I have to start all over

Fantastic peer reviewed scientific study op 
smokin.gif

But you might have a point though, there's a group of winos down the local park from where I live who drink whisky every day and they're so skinny you can see their ribcages...

I mean, sure... they don't have any teeth and their skin is yellow... but they are lovely and slim.

Last edited:
Alcohol also screws with your leptin levels, which would directly lead to weight gain.

meh, don't even know why people consume this poison outside of their college years. More power to y'all.

Maybe not directly.. But it certainly leads me to make bad choices in what to eat :lol:

Back
Top Bottom