Aleali May Air Jordan 14 "Fortune" 8/19/21

What’s interesting is he dates this WNBA player from the Dallas Wings that’s sponsored by Adidas. I think her name is Kayla Thornton but I could be wrong.

Not sure about that. But he falls into the influencer category, so wearing multiple brands should be fine. Even influencers that are sponsored by a brand can wear multiple brands. Their contracts tends to be different than say sponsored athletes, which are much stricter on they can and can not wear.

Last edited:

Even if you're able to cop, they tend to oversell. So orders get cancelled.

On a side note, my pair came in early. But DHL couldn't get into my building, so I put a hold on it. UPS, FEDEX, Amazon have no issues getting in and I signed off on the package in advance. I have to pick it up tomorrow form DHL in downtown LA. It's a good thing they have great sushi and Chinese food in that area. I'm coming home with a feast.

Quality control on these aren’t the best.

8CD1D562-5066-4617-AA6F-ED12FC0E4D79.jpeg

funny enough. there are fakes of the AM jordan IV camp colorway already. only seen the pics so far. and those were limited i thought??? if nike cant figure out which factories are leaking the build specs by now, they got issues.

but they would rather file a pointless lawsuit against all those chinese fake sellers, spending $$$$$ in nyc courtrooms, rather than trying to take one step forward in stoping the bots.

guess nikes all smoke and not the good kind. fake factories continue without issue, bots continue without issue. china laughed at the lawsuit. at least the money could be spent trying to make things “equal and fair,” rather than flushed down a greedy,grimey lawyers toilet.

so if u see someone offering camo AM IV’s…..run

I got my pair this morning and paying $60 over retail was not too bad. Hunting for these though made me also want to cop the Clot pair and I cannot believe that I slept on that one, but I only paid $20 over retail for that pair (which is insane because that pair is, in my opinion, the better one out of the two).

I am not really a AJ14 fan, but these are the only pairs that I liked enough to actually get and I am glad to have these in my collection and very happy that my AM pair did not have any QC issues.

20210901_105522.jpg
20210901_105351.jpg
20210901_105405.jpg

Have the same ‘defects’ on the jade part. Disappointing especially since I paid resale for it.
That is so effed up! Like the guy said in the video, I am wondering if it from the gold paper since the other side that is touching the shoes is silver. If so, I am curious is maybe something like Goof Off will remove it (since I believe the jade part may be a wrap and not paint, so if done delicately applying an agent should not ruin the coloring.....I may try a test on a very small area on my pair just to see what happens).

jordansallday jordansallday Okay, so I actually saw a small amount of silver on the lateral side of my right shoe (I did not catch it before because it was very small and blended with the jade until your eyes were extremely close to it). Well, I took a paper towel, pressed it onto my bottle of Goof Off and sprayed lightly to not put too much on it. Then I gently rubbed the area and the silver went away. I took a picture of the before and after so you can see the results). Goof Off usually cost $5-7 bucks at like Home Depot or Lowe's and I definitely suggest grabbing some Goof Off to remove it.

20210902_102437.jpg
20210902_101430.jpg

Last edited:
jordansallday jordansallday Okay, so I actually saw a small amount of silver on the lateral side of my right shoe (I did not catch it because it was small and blended with the jade until your eyes were extremely close to it). Well, I too a paper towel, pressed it onto my bottle of Goof Off and sprayed lightly to not put too much on it). Then I gently rubbed the area and the silver went away. I took a picture of the before and after so you can see the results). What I would suggest if you do not have Goof Off (it usually cost $5-7 bucks at like Home Depot or Lowe's) is trying a disinfecting wipe and gently wiping a little bit of that area and see what happens. If nothing happens with the disinfectant wipe, then I definitely suggest grabbing some Goof Off to remove it.

Thanks! Will give it a try with the disinfecting wipe.

That’s why you don’t pay resale

Hard not to do when you want something and it’s sold out. Had to do it for the Parra Dunk too. It is what it is.

yeah. the teeth are white foam with the plastic covering over it.

hated nicking the teeth then having a white foam tear on em. that was middle school when i destroyed my shoes. good thing i still have the og from 1999 and still wearable, sans ripped foam teeth.

Thanks! Will give it a try with the disinfecting wipe.
You actually responded to me before I updated my message to remove the disinfecting wipe part. I tried it and it did not do anything unfortunately (for me anyway). I found an extremely small silver speck on the medial side of my right shoe (you could not see it unless your eyes were up on it really close and the light hit the area the right way.....I tried taking a picture of it and it did not show up on camera). I used a disinfecting wipe and it did not come off, but the Goof Off did the trick pronto!

You actually responded to me before I updated my message to remove the disinfecting wipe part. I tried it and it did not do anything unfortunately (for me anyway). I found an extremely small silver speck on the medial side of my right shoe (you could not see it unless your eyes were up on it really close and the light hit the area the right way.....I tried taking a picture of it and it did not show up on camera). I used a disinfecting wipe and it did not come off, but the Goof Off did the trick pronto!
this is what NT was made for

glad yall figured it out, and probably helped a couple hundred on the process

this is what NT was made for

glad yall figured it out, and probably helped a couple hundred on the process
Exactly! Though folks may just want to flex and talk slick crap and smack on this site, the thing that drew me in a few years ago was that there were some people who helped others with useful information. I see more of the former than the latter on here these days (in the sneaker threads anyway), but there are still a few people who still like to be helpful to others when possible.

Since I didn’t want to buy Goof Off, I tried an alcohol wipe. It worked perfectly. It took the silver right off the jade portions.
NICE! I keep a bottle of Goof Off in the house (I love that stuff and use it on a lot of things), so I had it handy. I am glad that the alcohol wipe worked for you also. :emoji_relaxed:

This is such a weird release. SNKRS didn't have extended sizes but I talked with Frank Cooke who used to work for JB and is tight with Aleali May and he said there were supposed to be extended sizes released overseas. Then a week or so ago the big sizes started showing up on StockX and GOAT, but they haven't gone above a 14 and I need a 14.5. However I didn't want to miss out in case the 14s dry up so I copped a size 14 on GOAT earlier this week. I'll keep it DS for a while and hope that a 14.5 pops up somewhere. I LOVE this shoe and I want to be comfortable when I wear it.

This is such a weird release. SNKRS didn't have extended sizes but I talked with Frank Cooke who used to work for JB and is tight with Aleali May and he said there were supposed to be extended sizes released overseas. Then a week or so ago the big sizes started showing up on StockX and GOAT, but they haven't gone above a 14 and I need a 14.5. However I didn't want to miss out in case the 14s dry up so I copped a size 14 on GOAT earlier this week. I'll keep it DS for a while and hope that a 14.5 pops up somewhere. I LOVE this shoe and I want to be comfortable when I wear it.

Same...My size 13W (11.5M) came in today from GOAT. They got sent from Hong Kong which like you stated the extended sizes got released overseas.

Saw this was bumped and wasn't sure if I ever posted in here and then I saw this. The plan I laid out above is exactly what I did. Some 14.5s finally showed up so I bought one and sold my 14. Lost a little compared to if I would've just waited for a 14.5 to show up but I just didn't want to risk it. I love this shoe so it was 100% worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom