ALICIA KEYS SELLS!?!?!

Fresh off her reggae-inspired performance at the "American Music Awards," Keys scored the second-highest debut of the year with 742,000 copiessold of As I Am.

That sales total is second to just one other disc released in 2007, Kanye West's Graduation, which sold over 930,000 copies in itsfirst week.

Philly R&B band Boyz II Men, now reduced to three members with the departure of bass MichaelMcCary, debuted at No. 27 with 42,000 copies sold of their new disc, Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville USA. The album includes reworkingsof classics by Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, The Jackson 5 and The Temptations, among others, along with ana cappella version of the Boyz hit "End of the Road."

Stay tuned for the complete list on SOHH's Hip-Hop and R&B Charts column posting tomorrow (November22).

Yeah she always sells all her albums came in @ #1 but I think this is her best debut.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

she beat curtis?

laugh.gif
@ people saying downloading hurts music.

it only hurts those wack artists that only have two good songs on their album.

downloading helps music sort of the great from the good to the bad.

I'm glad she beat out Curtis. At least you can listen to her cd start to finish without skipping tracks.

This album is amazing.

She's genuine and the consumer public knows that. Her music reflects that as well.

I just wana jump on the bandwagon. I listen to this cd EVERYday. It's got something for everyone on it, and she is just phenomenal. I'm not surprisedby her success. I just hope she doesn't pull a Lauryn Hill and disappear on us forever...

I tried, but I just can't get into this disc.

I listen to a ton of other stuff over this. Including Trey, Chris Brown, J. Hol, Keyshia, etc....

^wow chris brown over A. Keys?! That's a new one. Don't get my wrong I love CB, but his music is predictable and doesn't stand out. I admit Aliciaseemed to forget she was still a singer (yelling all over the place), but the melodies, lyrics, and chords are still hot.

Back
Top Bottom