Aliens, do we really want to find them?

i'm more afraid of man more than any extraterrestrial coming to the planet.

and what makes you think other life hasn't already found us?

Originally Posted by proper english

i would want to befriend these foreign creatures. they would give us advanced tech that would end world poverty/hunger & create a war-free world. 
pimp.gif

Do you really think human beings would use alien tech for anything good?

We harnassed nuclear energy and have spent most of our efforts/money stock piling nuclear weapons instead of improving nuclear reactors for power-plants or progressing to sustained Fusion. Not to mention all of the political/economic greed and corruption in our World.

As a whole, the human race needs to evolve more before we get any serious technological leaps from Aliens (if they exist). I'm sure if aliens have technology and intellect far beyond our comprehension they will view us as children incapable of handling a loaded gun.

The human race has a long way to go.

That above thesis represents a potential interaction with an Alien race that is actually.....friendly.

What if they are not friendly? Aliens who's sole purpose is to take resouces back to their home planet (sound familiar? We've seen this before)
I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that an alien race would attack us. Hollywood fabrication?
eyes.gif

The possibility is out there. White Europeans saw themselves as superior to any race they interacted with and we all know how their interactions with other societies resulted. You could say the same for an Alien race.

IMO both types of advanced Alien races are possible. It really depends on how they've evolved. If they are like us, they will eventually attack us or try and extract any sort of value that they can from Earth at the cheapest cost. Our technology has out run our capacity for good.

However, if the aliens morality has evolved with their technology, then we have nothing to worry about.

I always put it like this. "Does having the ability to step on an ant....................give you the right to step on an ant?"
Think about it.

here has to be other life out there...millions of galaxies out there, some other creatures have o exist

the question is do we want to make contact wit them? and if we do, how would they respond?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I would love to see how "Religion" would explain it if they really did show up one day.
yes that would be very interesting.Im not even going to give my opinion on the connection between extraterrestrial's and religion but alot of people would be shocked if they knew what they're religion was based on.

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

I would love to see how "Religion" would explain it if they really did show up one day.
yes that would be very interesting.Im not even going to give my opinion on the connection between extraterrestrial's and religion but alot of people would be shocked if they knew what they're religion was based on.

what if the aliens showed up and they too believe in one of the organized religions? Or even they show up and try to convert us to whatever they believe in. Just because they have advance technology doesn't mean they are atheist.

Originally Posted by Law3001

what if the aliens showed up and they too believe in one of the organized religions? Or even they show up and try to convert us to whatever they believe in. Just because they have advance technology doesn't mean they are atheist.
I never said they was or was not atheist.I have no idea what religion if any they would believe in.I think if extraterrestrial's showed up they would shed some light on how religion is misunderstood and misinterpreted,And some people would be shocked at what alot of ancient civilizations considered"gods".

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by RenaRene

Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

We are the aliens.

84616836f8f7ac130ac2a6dfc72ad674067aa3b9.gif

roll.gif

Seriously, one night I could have sworn one came into my room and decided to give me the business.
I was like:  
alien.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
grin.gif
happy.gif
pimp.gif
oh rly?
laugh.gif
ewwwwwwwwww u got alien cooties .lol
wtj2qb.jpg

who says we havnt been found...or we found them ? 
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Law3001

I never said they was or was not atheist.I have no idea what religion if any they would believe in.I think if extraterrestrial's showed up they would shed some light on how religion is misunderstood and misinterpreted,And some people would be shocked at what alot of ancient civilizations considered"gods".

Or they could have some other version of Christianity/Judaism/Islam with a central God.
Wouldn't that be interesting
laugh.gif

We won't know until they come.

I don't recall God ever saying that life only exist here.  Maybe he repeated similar processes in several other galaxies. There is nothing to prove or disprove my assertion.

hmmm what if contact has already been made?
what if there are multiple alien colonies out there and they have space politics of some sort like
not invading other planets for no reason etc.. (united nations type stuff)?
what if they planted humans here and are just watching over us as a type of expirement.?
what if their is no outer space and were in some type of box with a big flashlight for a sun ???lol

^alright jadakiss...lol j/k

i do think they have been here already.....things like the pyramids, ancient batteries, ancient computers, sncient drawings still baffle scientists till this day

Haven't read any replies yet but..

There is no way a violent species would be able to advance far enough to be able to travel space and find us. They would destroy their home planet and themselves before reaching that goal. Which is pretty much where humans are headed
frown.gif

I wouldn't want to, I think it would be to complicated like that movie irobot.
They can stay where ever they are if they do exist

Originally Posted by algarve23

I wouldn't want to, I think it would be to complicated like that movie irobot.
They can stay where ever they are if they do exist

You do realize iRobot was about robots.....not aliens....

Originally Posted by JDocs

There is no way a violent species would be able to advance far enough to be able to travel space and find us. They would destroy their home planet and themselves before reaching that goal. Which is pretty much where humans are headed
frown.gif

You bring up a very good point. The "we will never leave or galaxy because we will have destroyed ourselves with the level of technology needed to leave our galaxy" argument.

whose to say they havnt visited us before?
there are historical structures from the mayans that resemble that of other places in the world to the T. exact measurements and etc which would be impossible as the different society did not know each other existed therefore providing us with the thought that perhaps they have visited earth before and did some stuff and then dipped.

I think with literally over a billion galaxies in this universe, there probably is some other sort of life form that coexists similar to the way we do. I'd like to find them because I think it'd be funny how religious people would scramble to find a way to justify their existence.

something HAS to exsist out there. i think when people think of aliens they think of these monster creepy alien vs predator things, but if there is anything out there thats alive it could be like an animal or a worm or something. its still not from earth and its still alien.

Originally Posted by JDocs

frown.gif
took the words out of my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom