Aliens, do we really want to find them?

OK NT. I know we have a slew of people who love to talk aliens. They always seem cheery and uplifted about the matter. Why? What if we stumble upon some War of the World type aliens? Or the ones from signs? There is a chance, they are more screwed up then us
laugh.gif
. I know its fun to research and be optimistic, but this is one of the things that have puzzled me in recent years. Why do YOU want to find alien life?

i would want to befriend these foreign creatures. they would give us advanced tech that would end world poverty/hunger & create a war-free world. 
pimp.gif

Don't you want to know if were alone or not in this universe? When you look up into the sky at night, it doesn't get you thinking of all the endless possibilities?

Originally Posted by StonedFace

Don't you want to know if were alone or not in this universe? When you look up into the sky at night, it doesn't get you thinking of all the endless possibilities?

There are some aliens on earth that took on a form of a human and live among us. Some "I" suspect go to my school, they got mad swag and usually tend to irate the professors with "off the world" philosophical question.

Spoiler [+]
what the hell

See, the thing is, one of those endless possibilities is that those other lifeforms need to consume energy in a way galactus would. I'm not looking for that. Us earthbound creatures are the only ones we know of capable of forming mutualistic relationships.

Even Marvin the Martian tried blowing up the earth.

Originally Posted by nublee

Originally Posted by StonedFace

Honestly?

No. I really don't care what other life is out there at this point. We have too many problems here for me to care. Especially when if comes to problems we can fix.
i would want to befriend these foreign creatures. they would give us advanced tech that would end world poverty/hunger &
Or they could be on some Predator type stuff and put in work on us
laugh.gif
. Call me crazy but I think world hunger could be dented if not ended. People just don't care enough to try.

There is so much money and products that go to waste in the world, I'm sure if we wanted to, we could do major things about those two.
create a war-free world
Its never going to happen on this Earth. We fight over video games
laugh.gif
. We'll find reasons to fight.

laugh.gif
 "Us earthbound creatures" (?) can't even get along with each other. I hope no "nice" aliens do come visit us on some peace and goodwill type steez.
Probably exploit the **%! out of them.
You know someone would chuck a bottle at one and piss off the whole race starting a war
laugh.gif

14j45fk.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

See, the thing is, one of those endless possibilities is that those other lifeforms need to consume energy in a way galactus would. I'm not looking for that. Us earthbound creatures are the only ones we know of capable of forming mutualistic relationships.

Even Marvin the Martian tried blowing up the earth.

laugh.gif
 "Us earthbound creatures" (?) can't even get along with each other. I hope no "nice" aliens do come visit us on some peace and goodwill type steez.
Probably exploit the **%! out of them.

even if we do find or are discovered by aliens it would be District 9-esque things are going to happen, as far as the human/alien relations goes

If they do exist, imagine the possibilities.

Sure we have our own problems as stated but wouldnt the existence of life other than our own provide more possibilies and new ideas in order to deal with said problems?

Space travel is such a complex idea that maybe aliens have answers to our problems. The idea of them being beneficial can also be dismissed by the opposite, no one knows if they can be good or bad.... the risk is still there. Maybe one day they come and just own us completely. Anything is possible.

I hope to still be alive when contact happens......... it will be a trully epic experience, life changing, world changing

RKO2004 wrote:

i would want to befriend these foreign creatures. they would give us advanced tech that would end world poverty/hunger &
Or they could be on some Predator type stuff and put in work on us
laugh.gif
. Call me crazy but I think world hunger could be dented if not ended. People just don't care enough to try.

There is so much money and products that go to waste in the world, I'm sure if we wanted to, we could do major things about those two.
create a war-free world
Its never going to happen on this Earth. We fight over video games
laugh.gif
. We'll find reasons to fight.

frown.gif
 but the Aliens will help us though. 

All these "take over the world aliens" are just perceptions that Hollywood has brought upon us... no one really knows.. but everytime there is an alien movie it always seems like they are attacking us which I highly doubt would be the case...

I think we would be able to learn a lot from Alien species

We better hope they don't find us. And if they do we need to hope they're nothing like us because if they are they'll most likely come, kill as many of us as possible with weapons, kill the rest with incurable disease, create small pockets for us to live and rewrite history so it looks like they've lived there forever/civilized us and made us better by wiping the majority of us out.

Back
Top Bottom