All Biased aside...Is Kobe Bryant Overrated? (Serious Discussion)

Well during the past playoff performances I've seen from the Lakers, I've been wondering....Why is Kobe Bryant coveted to be the clear cut decision tobe the best player in the league? As if people for the past 9 years have not been playing as good (if not, better) than Kobe, why do we see him as the bestHANDS DOWN?

now here are my reasons why I believe Kobe is underrated:
Yes, He can finish games and is extremely talented offensively, but does he do anything else as good? the reason why LeBron, Shaq, Wade, Paul, and many otherguys in the league are great is because they have court vision, excelent rebounding, shot blocking, scoring. They play the game in many ways exept scoring, andKobe does not always do that.

He won MVP, but that was during his 12th year in the league. If the man was such a God on the court, I would imagine that he would have had multiple awards(i.e. michael Jordan)

When he won the 3 championships, it was Shaquille O'neal who was the head of the team. He averaged a double double, had about 3 blocks per game, and wonfinals MVP all 3 times. even when shaq left, he still won a ring with Wade. Kobe has yet to win a championship

since the year shaq left, the lakers did not make the playoffs in 05, saw multiple first round eliminations to the suns in 06' & 07', and made thefinals in 08', but got swept in a game 6 to the celtics. my point is that he is not a team player, He pretty much kicked shaq off the squad so that hecould be free from the sidekick role. if shaq stayed, they probably would have won 6 championships.

At the end of the day, nobody can take Kobe Bryant's accomplishments away, what I am simply saying is that the certain hype that he generates is notjustified by his skill. The great basketball players do not get rid of a key player just to score more, real players dominate the sport in every aspect, and ifhe was as good as his hype makes him, he would have done ALOT more in his years without shaq.

No
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I didn't read anything but the title.
But the answer is no. That piece of trash is the best player in the league.
No matter how great you think Lebron's shot is, if you had a choice you would
choose Kobe 100% of the time to take the final jumpshot of the game.

its_a_trap.jpg

There's always anti-Kobe threads started the day of Laker games. Trying to take my 50 daily posts to hate on Kobe during the game. Nah uh! I ain'tfalling for it.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I didn't read anything but the title.
But the answer is no. That piece of trash is the best player in the league.
No matter how great you think Lebron's shot is, if you had a choice you would
choose Kobe 100% of the time to take the final jumpshot of the game.
I didn't say anything about lebron's shot...

I didn't read the OP... so you might have made a valid point, but I doubt it. Kobe is the best player in the L skill-wise, and it's not even almostnearly close. Other players may have GREAT niches and put up amazing numbers that way (Lebron), but Kobe is everything you could want in a playerbesides height and girth.

No one has ever said Kobe is the clear cut best player in the NBA during his NBA career. Has he been "arguably" the best player over the last 5seasons? Yes.

I think you're better asking
why do we see him as the best HANDS DOWN?
which not everyone does anyway.

But is he overrated? I think you're a little crazy for asking that one

OMG...the only reason he just got his first MVP trophy cause some idiot decided lets give nash two in a row for not getting his team to any coference finalsthas y hes sitting at home watching us play right now...he does defend but of course he aint no shane battier or nethier is any of those players u said...andwhat if he won rings with shaq but who was the one that started the plays and ended up dishing it to shaq for the dunk i dont see shaq running the court...okyeahh we got mop'ed up in the playoffs a few times but who else did we have to help? "NOBODY" we was asking for it having smush parker run thepoint and what does that say about the Celtics they gotta get three superstars that are aging plus get a starter to come off the bench also jus to beat a oneKOBE! garbage One hit wonder bums!..... why do we see him as the best HANDS DOWN? Cause he can make the basket in ANYBODY's EYE!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

He won MVP, but that was during his 12th year in the league. If the man was such a God on the court, I would imagine that he would have had multiple awards (i.e. michael Jordan)

if he was as good as his hype makes him, he would have done ALOT more in his years without shaq.
its kind of hard to get MVP and do a lot without another good player, like Shaq, when pretty much everyone on the roster should be in the NBDL ornot be playing basketball at all

if Kobe had the team he does now, during the time he was putting up amazing numbers, he would have multiple MVP awards and would have probably won a couple ofchampionships already

MODS...

WE NEED A KOBE & LEBRON FORUM PLEASE...

THIS IS NEVER GOING TO STOP...

and hell to the no he aint overated...

his on ball defense is though....

Still my fav player n the L...

Back
Top Bottom