ALL NT BALLERS AND POINT GUARDS COME IN

learn these 4 basic moves. in n out lefty and righty, crossover left to right and right to left, through the legs left to right and right to left and behindthe back left to right and right to left. basically those moves with using both hands. practice these moves until you have them down pat. and down pat meansthat when you dribble it just comes naturally and you dont have to think about anything.

being a point guard is to envision the next play thats going to happen. alot of dribbling through people is also reaction to how the defender plays youwhether hes laying off waiting for you to make a move or hes pressuring you and you got to go by him. also hesitation is important in making these moveswork. you need to get the defender to think you are actually slowing up when you are actually turning up the speed.

once you have these moves down you should mix them up and create combinations i.e. in n out lefty to left to right crossover or in n out lefty to a left toright behind the back to right hand to left crossover and drive in. sounds complicated but not really once you know these moves. also after trying thesemoves, you will find out which move works best for you and you will have go to moves that you know will always work. again this is just a lot of practicing andseeing what works.

marburys handles are def nothing spectacular. he has no lefty moves at all. i would say to watch alot of deron williams, tim hardaway, and baron davis. deron williams has alot of moves nice crossover both ways, in n out, a killer step back, and a nice through the legs. hes very good with both hands. timhardaway if you want that killer crossover, also watch how he changes speeds and uses hesitation to make that killer crossover work. baron also good handleboth ways and some nasty moves.

If you're like me, you're born with the skills
pimp.gif

But there's no one like me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

work on speed and quickness
and add that to your handles

Practice Practice Practice

work with both hands
be unpredictable

Try dribbling with a tennis ball like people said...another drill is to sit down and dribble the ball as fast and low as you can. Do it for a minute with eachhand for four sets. You can also dribble up and down the court with two balls. At first dribble both balls on the same bounce and then have the balls alternatewhen you dribble. I've also heard about Iverson dribbling crazy with a football like it was nothing, but I have never seen the video. Just practice as muchas you can and make sure you always do all your drills with your eyes up...good luck with everything......

Another thing to work on is your flexibilty. It may seem like it shouldn't matter, but it really does add to your quickness and reflexes which in turn willhelp with your handles.

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by failedtakeover
doggy your 5'6, your not going any where with basketball. just quit

indifferent.gif
Get outta here with that. Hes in high school, he just wants toimprove a part of his game. Don't be mad that you were 4'9 when you were his age. /rant

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

just to let you know

the greatest point guards in the history of the nba are not known for their handles
he has a good point. other than only practice can make you better.

Practice! Dribble everywhere you go. The rest is just natural talent and ability to learn. Good luck. And if you suck, you suck.

This is my good friend from school, he played at Mississippi Valley State

Originally Posted by Durden7

Now ive been playing basketball since 4th grade, and I'm in 9th grade this year im pretty good and I made the jv team and next year ill be playing varsity. Im about 5'6 so I was wondering anybody know how to get a crazy handle like the one like sebastian telfair or stephon marbury back in his prime. I know all the fundamental drills and my handle is good but I want a crazy handle help me out

Do you want to start/see significant minutes?

yes and I am lefty

Lefty is good, so I would just tell you to try to do a lot with your left. I know you hear that a lot, but it works.

I try to do everything with my left first or in your case right. It just seems to come easier when I try it with my dominant hand after I have done it with myweak hand. Make sure you got them down before you actaully try it. You really need to be fast with the moves or they're useless. Speed is huge.

Why are some of you guys telling him Handles dont matter that much. The good ones werent great handlers n all that.
Shut up with that bull.

Watch Levance Fields on Pittsburgh and see how easy the point gaurd position looks to him cause of his handles.
Dude by far as the best handles in College. Im not talking whips or cross overs im just saying he doesnt turn the ball over. No one steals it from him ever.Which is huge when playing point. Gotta control the ball.

OP like someone said above do drills with tennis balls. Look some up they really help.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Why are some of you guys telling him Handles dont matter that much. The good ones werent great handlers n all that.
Shut up with that bull.

Watch Levance Fields on Pittsburgh and see how easy the point gaurd position looks to him cause of his handles.
Dude by far as the best handles in College. Im not talking whips or cross overs im just saying he doesnt turn the ball over. No one steals it from him ever. Which is huge when playing point. Gotta control the ball.

OP like someone said above do drills with tennis balls. Look some up they really help.
tell that to Kemba Walker

drills (spider, criss-cross, 2 balls, etc.)
practice moves in front of a pole... its always easy to dribble alone, but its a different story with someone in front of you.
develop a vicious cross-over

What i used to do was use ,knit gloves and dribble with my eyes close to get that body mind connection. Can someone please post that Mike Conley dribblevideo from yardbarker?

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Shut up with that bull.

Dude by far as the best handles in College. Im not talking whips or cross overs im just saying he doesnt turn the ball over. No one steals it from him ever. Which is huge when playing point. Gotta control the ball.

tell that to Kemba Walker

lol im salty with that one but honestly that the only time ive seen someone steal the ball from Fields from just dribbling.

You still gotta agree with me dudes got the best handles in the NCAA

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

just to let you know

the greatest point guards in the history of the nba are not known for their handles

BINGO!!!

Originally Posted by Durden7

Now ive been playing basketball since 4th grade, and I'm in 9th grade this year im pretty good and I made the jv team and next year ill be playing varsity. Im about 5'6 so I was wondering anybody know how to get a crazy handle like the one like sebastian telfair or stephon marbury back in his prime. I know all the fundamental drills and my handle is good but I want a crazy handle help me out

Do you want to start/see significant minutes?

yes and I am lefty
Then work on something other than sick handles. If you say your dribbling is good enough then focus on your weakness as a point guard.

A PG with sick dribbles will never play if thats all hes good at doing.

Back
Top Bottom